17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and you had conversations about shit like you were friends, how was work this week, how is your family, what did you do this offseason.

no more of that. but the idiots who make the decisions dont even know that stuff occurred and how nice it was to know those people and to share the same love for the team as those around you. it wasnt just going to a game to watch the game, there was so much more.

MurrellMartin and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

AlleyCat = EXACTLY. I laugh when I see commercials about "the game day experience " they are clueless it is nothing like what it was in fact it is the polar opposite !

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. alleycat9

us fans are simple, we want to deal with people we know, we want to watch good football and SHARE the experience of the football game with others who are like minded.

we dont need all the extra bullshit. only people who arent really football fans need all the extravagance. they need to be distracted.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Shea Stadium crowd would have done if they were handed a Jets Reward Card :D

5. LogeSection2RowJ

I don't post here quite as much as I used to, but I still check this thread for activity, and will help to get to it's 10th birthday next February. Impressive!

Still wondering what became of Section 227 Row 5. It's been over 3 years since he's been seen. Sad.

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Section2rowJ----yes he is missed , hopefully he reappears one of these days

7. alleycat9

i wish i knew, ive posted about him a couple times hoping someone may know. he was so absolutely fantastic in this thread. his raw emotion and anger really fit the way that most people felt and he said it all so eloquently and hilariously. my hope is that he walked away from the board and said ahh fuck the jets and that board.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

Yeah, I felt a camaraderie with him. We were in a similar situations; desperately trying to get comfortable in the new stadium by moving around location each year trying to get the best situation possible in the Upper Deck in order to remain a faithful season ticket holder. I finally gave up and I go to less games now. Had the Jets offered lower PSL costs for Mezzanine seats back then, they would've suckered me into it. I just couldn't justify financing something I didn't break a sweat over since 1979.

Anyway, that horse has been beaten to death.... My bigger gripe has been the terrible stadium design (Parking location, crappy escalator plan, actual unsafe landing areas, hidden elevators, etc etc) while we watch far superior buildings open in the NFL year after year. Back to 227, I fear the worst. He wouldn't depart this board without a goodbye rant. Something must've happened other than Jets-digust because there is no better place for that than here.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Bingo.

10. alleycat9

sadly you are probably right. i wish someone knew him, or even his name so we could look him up. while the internet is a place of anonimity you still grow fond of people and hope all iswell.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ALLEYCAT, So many good guys on this thread and a wealth of info,,,,,,,,let me ask Brook and the other moderators a question = when you sign up for this sight you do so with an e mail , DONT WE ?Is it possible that a moderator can reach out and e mail 227 or 17A or anyone else that is awol just to check on them ? Brook or Cman or Petro or one of you other guys is that possible ? If so can you get on it ?

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I saw people in my section kids grow up. Someone would bring there son for years and all of a sudden he was not coming and I got worried. Turns out the little kid was going to college and show up for Thanksgiving games. Hell we all bought him a gift for his graduation. Now remember, I never saw these people outside of those seats but they were my Sunday family. The last game at Giants stadium so fucking sad. And I have not seen one person since then. Whether I get seasons again or just Stub-hub its never gonna be the same. And I am not discussing going from Shea to Giant stadium. That was a bummer to

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 EXACTLY !

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

As per CBG's request, I just emailed both Section 227 Row 5 and 17a_tailgater. Hopefully, I'll hear something back.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks Petro I hope you hear from both and they are ok

Brook! likes this.
  16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

That is awesome. We are all a family here so this is cool to see. Checking up on each other and what not.

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  17. alleycat9

thank you cbg and petro.

CBG and Jay Bizniss like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't thank me all I did was ask the question Petro is the guy reaching out,,,,,Thanks again Petro , let us know if you get replies .

Brook! and alleycat9 like this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Let me just add" IF" by chance both of you guys ( and a few others ) are still around and now just lurk and read but don't post , maybe you can do us a solid and just post that you are ok, some of us are concerned.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Happy Birthday

Brook!, alleycat9 and CBG like this.