What music are you listening to right now? Merged

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 18, 2006.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just a song right now: R.E.M. - Seven Chinese Brothers

It's a pretty amazing tale if anyone knows it. Their first album was their best IMO, but that's often the case for many bands. Every song sounds the same, but that's OK. Michael Stipe, he's unintelligible on almost every album. "What are the lyrics to most of your songs?" "I don't know. I throw in some words, fake it, and mumble a lot." CALL ME!

2. jetophile

C'mon, people. There was an old music thread before the first of two crashes, and then another one, but c'mon, people.

joe and stinkyB like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

this is how you Athens properly

4. jetophile

5. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

The new surprise SLEEP record that came out on 4/20 - The Sciences -

I hate the term "Stoner" rock, but I'd be lying if I said that these guys aren't the second coming of Black Sabbath when it comes to "marijuana" fueled heavy rock music..........................................

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Gary Clark Jr.

He played here a couple of years ago and I cant believe I missed it....

7. jetophile

Any Stephane Grappelli fans on here? I saw him at The Blue Note in 1987. It was so much fun. I basically watched someone's eccentric Grandpa in mismatched clothes go to town on a violin. I really enjoy his music, love it in fact. Also a big Django Reinhart fan, so here's a two for one. I know, my musical taste is all over the place, but before I forget, fukk The Grateful Dead.

EDIT & P.S.: Here's another:

How can you cook and not dance with abandon to that at the same time? It's not like I'm doing that right now or anything. : ) I'm a serious cook and bread baker, I love it. I always cook to music. I keep threatening to post pictures of my bread accomplishments/masterpieces, but I never do. Bread machines. That's for fags. I think I've taken more photos of food I've made/cooked/baked than my artwork.

#5107 jetophile, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  8. jetophile

I love The Hot Sardines. Just so good.

9. jetophile

What a lovely rendition of the McGarrigle Sisters classic. I don't care if anyone thinks the video or the song is fagville. I was never a fan of Ronstadt's politics, and people always got on her for doing covers and not doing much writing herself, but she was a great talent. I say was because she can't sing anymore. Fukk Parkinson's Disease. It's so sad, and I feel so bad for her. I lost my Daddy to it (complications of Parkinsonism). It was awful watching him deteriorate to the point where I just knew he was going to directly ask me to off him (after implying it and begging with his eyes for months). It was looming. Looming large. I was losing sleep because I knew it was coming. Because of something freakish, he unexpectedly died, and I was relieved of the burden. It's a double-edged sword to say you're 'glad' someone you loved deeply stopped breathing, but his mental suffering was unbearable to me. That being said, I would've done it and faced the consequences with a clear conscience.

#5109 jetophile, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

11. jetophile

This song has a very special place in my heart. My Daddy used to dance with me and twirl me around the living room to this when I was a little girl. Joe Williams, DAMN, that guy was great. OK, enough of all this sappy stuff. Back to business.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

When I was a kid, my dad played this song like a hundred times a day, then of course it showed up in Infinity War

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The Spinners were dope!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. jetophile

Haha, that was my "favorite song" in the 5th grade, lol!!! That was when you could still listen to WABC am on a crap Panasonic transistor radio with a broken antenna on Jones Beach - and still get reception. This was also the age of 'Kung Fu Fighting' (yes, I know all the words, and I'm pretty sure those cats are still as fast as lightning), 'The Night Chicago Died', and that horrible Terry Jacks cover 'Seasons in the Sun' (I thought it was gay even at the ripe old age of 10). Nothing beats the Chi-Lites 'Have You Seen Her'. I seriously love that song. It's so great.

stinkyB and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. jetophile

Goddamn, sometimes I felt really sorry for us. There was so many great things going on in the early to mid '70s, and you gave me this on the radio? Good God.

But it was totally weird the stuff they'd put out there. 'Sundown' (Gordon Lightfoot), 'Benny and the Jets' (which is all about drugs), and 'Nights on Broadway' (Bee Gees). The Bee Gees. 'Saturday Night Fever' totally ruined them (I'm not a fan of any of their songs from that movie). Talk about a cursed family. Barry is the only one left standing. I always thought 'I've Gotta Get a Message to You' was a lovely song. Queer factor is high, I know. I just like it. RIP to all of the dead Bee Gees/Gibb bros. Andy showed a little too much package in his silk pants for my taste when he was still around, lol.

Robin Gibb being prophetic beyond the grave about the Cheats?

EDIT & P.S.: 'Run Joey, Run' deserves special mention. "Daddy please don't, it wasn't his fault, he means so much to me! Daddy, please don't, we're gonna get married, just you wait and see! Run, Joey, run, Joey run, Joey, run, Joey, run!" HAHAHAHA. I must find this!!!

#5115 jetophile, May 3, 2018
  16. jetophile

Holy Hell, how good am I?! I can't even believe it was actually out there. I amaze myself sometimes. Coma brain enhanced razor memory, but coma brain can't remember what it fed body for breakfast.

#5116 jetophile, May 3, 2018
  17. 101GangGreen101

Those cats better know, after all its an ancient chinese art and they knew their part hahah.

I used to really like the Chi-Lites (and that song was a favorite for my parents), also Con Funk Shun and the LOVE TRAIN.

No one sings like this anymore, shit I ain't the romantic type, but I love the way they used to sing back then, a ton of heart you can feel it. One of my favorite things to do in the past 3 or 4 years is any modern song I like, I try and find out where its sampled from. I truly prefer it over today's music.

18. jetophile

^Speaking of trains, 'Soul Train'. Damn, this makes me so deeply sad for a variety of reasons.

#5118 jetophile, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  19. 101GangGreen101

I miss Soul Train so much ... and of course Michael Jackson, pop hasn't been the same since him and Prince left this Earth :(

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

so my kid has me going to see Bullet for My Valentine-----kinda like OVER IT and a few others just sayin