Josh Rosen: 'Nine mistakes were made ahead of me'

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 27, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

3 seasons back. You would think they would progress from there but you really want to blame the HC because of the injuries? Because Revis, Marshall, Mangold etc all became very old and very useless? And mostly because Fitz went from an overachiever to an incompetent QB? They didnt underachieve, they aged. Name one of these players who went on to do anything, anywhere else. Is interesting that youre more than willing to blame this on Bowles but after the roster was completely gutted to start the rebuild, with a team that was universally predicted to win maybe a game or two and wins five he gets zero credit.

Im not arguing that Bowles is anywhere near a good HC at this moment. Im just saying given that two of his 3 seasons hes led a team that has overachieved. I get it, no one ever admits that, doesnt even want it. But lets see, players respect him, others around the league seem to think hes going to be a good one. I admit I often have my doubts but to look fairly on what we've been over the three seasons hes coached its not cut and dried that he sucks

boozer32 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Really? that's awesome. I wish Arians was younger and healthier. He would be the absolute ideal coach for Sam Darnold!!!

His system is perfect for Darnold. Darnold is a "playmaker" type QB and Arians always set up his offense for big plays. Unlike other systems where the 2nd/3rd options are more for safe alternatives to the proposed designed passing play, Arians always ran a guy deep. Always. So the QB could look first to move the chains every play but keep an eye out if the defense is sleeping on the deep guy or if the inital look is covered and he scrambles out he can always launch it deep, making his own plays

That system was perfect for Big Ben & Andrew Luck and coincidentally they are similar stylistically to Darnold. I am very encouraged that he will be in camp, I wish there was a way to sneak him in as OC.

--
    oh, this thread is about Rosen. Screw that guy, I hope he sucks

LF911SC likes this.
  3. LF911SC

Agree. Problem with Arians in any type of longer term commitment is his health issues. If he were healthy enough to help his buddy here as an OC he would have kept his HC gig

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Just like I wanted the Jets to draft an offensive player for the first time in a decade, I want them to get an offensive genius as the head coach. Bowles is as bland and boring as they come and it reflects in his schemes. I don't see any creativity and more important I don't see any defensive domination or stops. Giving him a 2 year extension was the worst thing they could have done. I could live with Maccagnan as GM but Bowles should go. We are wasting valuable time. NFL players move on more these days and injuries and wear and tear shorten everything.

5. LF911SC

I've often thought the same way then I realize that HCing today it isnt all that important. The HC today hands off his play calling off in most coaching set ups. I agree, the overall offensive philosophy is set in place by the HC so you would think a young, offensive minded HC would be an asset. Yet I dont see it as a given, it seems kind of split and there are plenty of D type HCs who have had formidable offenses. I also dont see why a HC, one from the D side of the ball, cant implement a O that he knows as a DC would drive him crazy, cause him sleepless night and be hard to defend. He brings in a thought process from the other side. What im saying to be a good HC it isnt necessary to come from one side or the other. A good HC is a good HC because hes a good leader, has his players respect, gets his players to play hard and can let his coaches coach what they know.

I dont think the two year extension is all that big a deal. Its always done this way, you cant have a lame duck as your teams leaders if you want players to play hard. The two years, especially after a year goes by, isnt going to stop Chris or Macc from firing Bowles if they think he needs to go

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Such a sarcastic asshole lol

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I didn’t like the way he handled draft night but this was hysterical

“He literally pulled absolutely no information from his encounter and it managed to be a red flag”

So true

CotcheryFan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Having a girlfriend apparently is a red flag ... Browns execs are morons IMO ... Rosen is going to have a lot of motivation the min he steps onto the field. If he stays healthy he will be great. Again, so happy hes not in a Dolphins uni

Cidusii, Sam Hammer and Big Cat like this.