Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This is true, I like him as a poster bar this one subject, I told him this as well but I think he now has me on block or ignoring me lol which would also be fair enough lol

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. K'OB

He also never said this, you need to reread his post.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Interesting.

Rolling with TT all year could make sense, although a lot of people who love Mayfield as a prospect claim he is as pro-ready as anyone, with the possible exception of Rosen. It all comes down to how many wins Hue Jackson needs in order to save his job and what kind of start they get off to with Taylor (Assuming he's the opening day starter)

LF911SC likes this.
  4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think Darnold is easily the better pro prospect and would have taken him over Baker 10 times out of 10.

But, regardless, how Baker does in the NFL ultimately has no bearing on our decision to pick Darnold. We never had the chance to pick Baker, so there is no need to worry about what he would have/could have been with us.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Actually he did say it.

Sounds like people are scared he will actually become a star on Cleveland and then will have to dine on crow.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. K'OB

So he didn't then after all, maybe reading is a hard skill after all. I can't see any mention of those that liked Darnald in his post having to eat crow, which is what you said, i think it was more to do with the people who just out right hate Mayfield and wanting him to fail or they would have to eat crow if he was a success, nothing to do with Darnald or the Jets at all.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

In the time leading up to the draft which seemed interminable, the vast majority of posters on this board poured over statistics, watched film, listened to "experts" to formulate opinions and preferences as to which prospect they preferred for the Jets. This is how it should be and the debate was lively, entertaining, stimulating and for the most part civil (Thank you, Brook and moderators). Yet, there was a small minority who insisted that one or more candidates be rejected because they knew "he will be a bust." Accepting this required the rest of us to reject our own empirical research and acknowledge that some on this board had miraculously been blessed by The Almighty with the gift of foresight into the future. It was to those my comments were directed, and not to those who merely expressed a reasoned preference of one prospect over the others. I still do not understand how they know Mayfield will be a bust, (does it really matter anymore?) but I suggest if they want to enhance their credibility, they divulge to the rest of us why The Good Lord chose them as the messenger of future success or failure in the NFL.

NCJetsfan, K'OB and Noam like this.
  8. LF911SC

Im not one saying he will be a bust. Im saying Im glad we got Darnold, think he the much better prospect and will ultimately be the better player and better Jet. The rest is for fun. No one knows for sure, as fact. Wont stop me from saying I think Sam is better but its because I like Sam better, not because I think Mayfield sucks. I do find it funny that so many get butt hurt when someone dumps on Mayfield. It may be unreasonable or based on nothing provable at this point but come on. Grow up and move on, Cleveland took a real chance and time will tell if they got it right but its time to stop arguing with your fellow fans about what Mayfield will or wont be

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not the one making all these mayfield topics. I could care less. he's a brown, just going to be funny to see all the back tracking when he feels since half this board was in love with him. why aren't you acting like for the people making the topics espcially the I love u baker topics and wish you all the best, why would someone do that for another teams QB? we should be making topics like that for darnold and fuck allen topics (since he went to the bills)

clearly he does

doens't it work both ways though? Why are people still praising a player we didn't take? Don't you think some of us are sick of all the mayfield threads since he's not a jet? I can care less if he suceeds or not. I'm more focused on Darnold succeeding then anything else, but some here are rooting more for mayfield then they are darnold which is odd

10. GasedAndConfused

not at all :)

who cares everyone gets shit wrong, some people though are like tied down to their opinion having to be right. If i'm wrong i'm wrong. shit happens, even NFL GMs are wrong. I'm just over hearing about baker, we really all should drop it for now because he isn't seeing the field this year and more importantly he isn't a jet so who cares about the browns QB. The only on'es i'm concerned with is darnold succeeding and Allen failing since he's in our division. I can care less about what mayfield, jackson, or rosen does at this point.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. K'OB

Couldn't care less, you couldn't care less, I could care less means you can care less and is self defeating your point.

Edit deleted as I am sick of rowing about it.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Cleveland is better than the Jets right now with their FA signings and draft I wouldn't be writing their obituary so soon.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

it's a turn of phrase and yes i know technically not correct but still people go around correcting it. But a bird in the hand and all ;)

either way enough of baker, lets focus on darnold he's the future of the jets.

14. GasedAndConfused

i've been saying they put together a solid squad for sure. taylor may not be great, but he's the best they have had in a long time and i'd argue better then we have with mccown. landry and gordon is a sick 1-2 combo. They signed hyde and drafted chubb so a big improvement from the crowell/duke combo of yesteryear. Their defense was pretty mediocre last year but garret is healthy and coming into year 2, they drafted ward so it should help, still I think their D will hold them back for a bit.

Fun Fact, the QB who has won the most games at first energy stadium (the browns home stadium) is Ben Rothlisberger with 11 wins there, despite only playing there once a season, 2nd place is derek anderson with 10 who got to play 8 games a year there. It's a big tale of the crazy cycle of bad QBs cleveland has. it's take at least 2 years to break his record if not 3 with solid QB play. Since taylor is likely a 1 and done QB for mayfield taking over, it maybe not be broken for another 4-5 years if not longer especially since I think ben will keep adding 1 more to that number each year he plays. They have been playing in that stadium since 1999 so 19 season or a total of 152 home games. ben has played like 13-14 games there

15. LF911SC

Until proven otherwise the Jets are a 5 win team and the Browns are a team that has won 1 game over two years and none a year ago. Thats ridiculously hard to do. They aren't better than anyone right now. Love the idea that the Browns improved by more than five wins and the Jets havent gained a single game after their off season.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. K'OB

Yes it is a turn of phrase in the uk also but we use it couldn't care less as it makes sense, seems to be a bit silly to do it wrong if you know it is wrong :rolleyes:

A rolling stone with moss on won't roll, no wait that is kind of right but not quite, nah fuck it good enough ;)

17. westiedog1

Not saying you are, but someone started this thread saying that. I was only agreeing with a poster who questioned the need for a thread predicting doom for Mayfield when he has absolutely nothing to do with the Jets any longer. In response, you took my statement about eating crow completely out of context, so I set the record straight. It's fine that you like Darnold better than Mayfield, but what's the point of continuing the debate any longer? I'm very happy to drop it right here

CotcheryFan and LF911SC like this.
  18. westiedog1

If you mean by "people," me, show me one post where I praised Mayfield after the draft. If you have an issue with something someone else posted, you should take it up with that poster, not me.

19. GasedAndConfused

I don't mean you at all but there are others, but still you chose to quote me as someone who is crapping on a QB, but didn't quote the other people praising him in other threads asking why so it does still work both ways. If you are sick of hearing about baker i get it, i am too, but you should be sick of both sides the positive and negative

LF911SC likes this.
  20. westiedog1

Again, show me where I did this.