Josh Rosen: 'Nine mistakes were made ahead of me'

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 27, 2018.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What about Mayfields 2 concussions? Why is nothing made of those?

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think the difference is Mayfield's concussions were not as recent or as severe as he only lost a quarter or so of football compared to games.

But I can see the argument that Mayfield has a brain and uses it so he actually has something to protect. Unlike Rosen.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, we shall see I'm thinking Rosen already has a head start as his team has better coaches.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Mayfield never had concussions, he went through concussion protocol twice, was cleared the following week both times and never missed a game. And that was in 2016. He never missed a snap in 2017 due to concussion protocol after getting hit maybe a hundred times.

Rosen has two legit and severe concussions, the first one he missed two weeks of practice and didn’t dress for the next game and his second one was so bad he didn’t clear concussion protocol a full month after the concussion and didn’t dress for their bowl game. That was in 2017. His last play ever in college resulted in a concussion.

Doesn’t matter, we got the best QB in the draft but Rosen is much more susceptible to concussions (and prolonged absences due to them) than Mayfield.

Leicester Jet and Noam like this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You know this how? Because a new staff in year 1 has to be better than what we have?

Love the this staff doesnt know offense talk. Fitz and McCown, two scrub journeyman QBs have their career years here. Theyre both ranked in the top third or so of the league. With little talent around them. Still the coaches dont know what theyre doing. Odd how that worked out though

6. boozer32

Have we been to the playoff with all that trash you just mentioned? Yeah, case closed. Epic fails next time try a different route for your warp logic.

7. The Waterboy

You don't miss entire halves of games if you didn't have a concussion, but if it makes you feel better just keep telling yourself he never had one.

8. Rollo Tomassi

When you go into the protocol your are out of the game. They take your helmet away and he wasn’t cleared until the following week.

Nothing makes me “feel better”.

My nephew goes to Oklahoma, Mayfield was never diagnosed with a concussion notwithstanding media reports. Either time.

But whatever makes you feel better I guess but Rosen has two full-fledged fully diagnosed concussions causing him to miss 2 weeks of practice and a game the first time and a full month of preparation and never was cleared to play in his bowl game.

Mayfield played the entire 2017 season never missing a snap since he was in the protocol and never diagnosed with a concussion.

Rosen has never played a snap after his last concussion.

I’m not sure what your point is. THAT’S why folks don’t mention Mayfield’s potential concussion issues in the same breath as Rosen’s.

Tweaked ankle keeping you out of a half and a high ankle sprain keeping you out 6 weeks. Concussions are worse because they are cumulative, the next one only adds to the likelihood you get another, a worse one. Pat LaFontaine retire because after multiple concussions he bumped into his teammate at practice and never recovered.

Mayfield never got another one even if he never had the first. Rosen’s brain has been rattled. Twice.

Done here, we got the better QB of the 3. :)

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Ironic considering Arians is spending camp with the Jets as a special guest.

10. LF911SC

How about making a point? I said how do you know what his coaching staff is, theyre new. I made a few comments about what we've done and youre answer is epic fail? What are you, 14? You think not making the playoffs with this Jets roster is an indication of how they're coached? Means you think this is a playoff team that has been held back by poor coaching.

You may want to rethink your warped logic line.

11. boozer32

I certainly do think its been held back by coaching. By Bowels incompetence, his stubbornness, his inability to deal with players, his inability to fire the right coaches. Prove me wrong.

12. boozer32

Drinking coffee and yucking it up on the sidelines is not coaching. How long does that last 2 weeks? A month? The guy is retired he'll be on permanent vacation by August 1st if not sooner.

13. LF911SC

OK. So you think that Bowles 1st season the Jets were at least an 11 win team and last season they should have won 6 or more. I know thats what fans and the experts thought too. I'm wrong, winning more than anyone thinks you will win proves you cant coach. Agree

14. boozer32

How long ago was the first season? You would think there would be a natural progression to a playoff. I think that is how its suppose to be. That 11 win season should have been 14/15. The team was stacked with veterans and they underachieved. Some would say choked. Its been downhill since and its all on Bowles and Maccagnan because all the players they inherited are gone and the ones that are here now belongs to them exclusively. I will never be thrilled with winning 1 game more than 5. That is a losing mentality and that is what some have devolved into. It will never be me or some of the others around here. Tired of seeing New England hoist trophies and teams evolving with the times and being innovative, while we are stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid

15. The Waterboy

So your nephew goes to Oklahoma is part of your basis claiming he never had a concussion? Super

How about Mayfield himself talking about his concussions?
    He also had one in high school, "I had all the symptoms then, dizzy and all the vision stuff..."

But it's good to know that your nephew going to Oklahoma negates all the evidence and Mayfield never had a concussion.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Once a coach, always a coach. I'm not sure he'll be able to contain himself once he sees Darnold on the field.

17. boozer32

If he was so jacked up to coach still, he would be on the sidelines in Arizona. No real coach likes someone looking over their shoulder or coaching their team. get your own. Could you imagine someone telling Bart Starr what to do when Lombardi was there? You'll would get an earful of this

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I get your point, though I'm sure you wouldn't disagree having him around in training camp isn't a negative thing.

Don't want to keep going back and forth about Arians but it sounded like his health forced him out.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

What a twat. Not one day into the draft and already running his mouth calling Baker Mayfield, Darnold and others "mistakes" ...

20. Rollo Tomassi

He was my least favorite of the big 3 and the one I would have had the hardest time effusively rooting for.

Now listening to his whining I am even happier we didn’t draft him.

Leicester Jet and joe like this.