The Official Fishing Thread is here!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 26, 2013.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

65 degress, Happy for you Cman, you don't have to bring the saw to cut a hole in the ice anymore!

[​IMG]

CBG and Cman68 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If I see another snowflake before November falling anywhere near where I live or fish, I'm gonna hunt down CBG....

CBG and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have already begun to cover my tracks to throw the dogs off the scent-----bag is packed wad of cash under the mattress , car has a full tank of gas,,,,,,,better safe tan sorry

Cman68 likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

May be bluewater trolling tomorrow for the first time this year..... marine forecast is currently suspect for going 50+ miles offshore though

5. Cman68

Sounds good Stinky. I passed on fishing today. I figure its gonna be very warm all week so next Saturday might really be the best time. South winds and a full moon today too.

6. stinkyB

Full moon tomorrow ;)

One tip..... if its the day AFTER the full moon.... save your gas $$$

Cman68 likes this.
  7. stinkyB

WET
    a little beatup
    and

SKUNKED :mad::mad::mad:

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Just giving you more incentive to catch em up next time Stinky. Water temps here approaching mid 50's so the real fishing season is just getting started. Didn't make it out over the weekend so I wound up doing yard work on Sat. and the Avengers on Sun.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

the warm arrives tomorrow let the fishing continue,,lol

10. stinkyB

I didnt need to head out 60 miles for "motivation" for next time :(

Cman68 likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I erroneously call myself a vegetarian. I'm actually more of a Pescatarian, because I do eat fish on occasion for extra protein when I'm feeling compromised. Especially fresh caught. My neighbor (the expert marksman I mentioned in the hunting thread), gifts me with fish all the time when the season is on. Man, oh, man, he once gave me trout so fresh, the gills and the flesh were pink. I also love smoked fish. Trout and mackerel most especially, salmon/steelhead/sockeye a close third, with horseradish. HOT horseradish, not the wimpy stuff. I love getting that weird nose freeze/brain freeze/eye-watering thing. It's great. Not a fan of bluefish (which is kind of odd, because mackerel is also a dark fish), but a friend of mine once brought homemade smoked bluefish to a Jets tailgate. It was absolutely amazing.

StinkyB, I know you live in FL. Do you fish for Skate? I had it once a long time ago. I hated it. Probably because it wasn't prepared right. You and Cman should buy James Peterson's 'Fish & Shellfish'. It's a fish and seafood bible - but I'm guessing you both already own it. I got it as a Xmas gift years ago. It's kind of like James Beard's 'Beard on Bread'. Heh, in fact one of Peterson's other books won the James Beard Award.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/86404.Fish_Shellfish?ac=1&from_search=true

12. stinkyB

LOL, no, never..... but I have heard of people prepping them as "poor mans scallops"

Yes, Bluefish is best on the smoker..... and into a creamcheese based fishdip :D

My ex had a similar diet.... the only meat she ate was fish that I caught. I basically said, "Good thing yo'll eat fish because If you're not going to eat fish, you're either doing all the cooking in this house, or you're gonna starve"

But ever since Hurricane Matthew I've barely done any fishing myself :(

#952 stinkyB, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

get out there you yachting / Surfing/ Fishing enthusiasts and go catch the big one its gorgeous out !!!!!!

Cman68 likes this.
  14. stinkyB

It is nice out!
    Hard to focus working at home stuck in front of a computer screen...... I keep wandering around outside.

unfortunately most of my free time is still wasted rebuilding this house :confused: but at least I finally have a functional kitchen as of yesterday :cool:

CBG likes this.
  15. Cman68

Checking my reels for line that needs to be replaced. Looking at Sunday for a mid range bottom fishing trip on my regular party boat (Ocean Explorer, Belmar, NJ). In several weeks, I'll be in Western Missouri fishing Truman Res. for Crappie, Catfish and Bass.. #CantWait

stinkyB likes this.
  16. stinkyB

SeaBass?
    50# braid with 60# double dropper rig dressed with small pink squid skirts

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Sea Bass opens May 15th.. Short season initially.. Standard hi/lo rig with a new twist this year I'm trying. Going with mackerel and squid in combo with clams to get more scent in the water.

18. stinkyB

Grouper opened yesterday here.... unfortunately 2 days after we went out. We marked a sick ledge in 175' that looked like it was holding..... (only had trolling gear though :confused: )
    We marked two spots... named em "Rock" and "Creed". :D

CBG and Cman68 like this.
  19. Cman68

Getting your bottomfishing groove on Stink? :)

20. stinkyB

Oh yeah, I'm not anti at all.... my preference is trolling, but I'm game for all
    Personally, I like to troll through the day, then later in the day go back to spots we mark while trolling and break out the bottom bumping gear..... and hopefully put some more meat in the box.

Last weekend I asked my buddy If I needed anything, and prefaced that my shit is displaced everywhere (rods at my parents, tackle in random spots in my garage, etc) but he said no bottom gear, just trolling because "he felt confident"..... kiss of death right there

btw.... I got a 114H off ebay last fall.... to pair with a stout Penn rod I have. Gonna spool with 80# spiderwire (got a deal on some)
    Ready for the big dogs

#960 stinkyB, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Cman68 likes this.