The 2018 Draft other teams picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FJF, Apr 26, 2018.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

My feelings after rd 1:

Winners: Colts, Cardinals, Chargers, Patriots, Falcons

Losers: Bills, Saints, Redskins, Raiders, Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Jaguars

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Bills LB selection was a good pick, I don’t know if I would say they came out losers.

3. xxedge72x

He could be. I'm not a fan of boom or bust picks and the Bills came away with two. It could work out great for them, but if that were the Jets I would be nervous.

stinkyB and Red Menace like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Colts are going to kill this draft, even if they follow Mel Kipers BPA left on board it’s going to be a no brainer, they have plenty of picks thanks to the jets.

The raiders are going to be built just like Gruden wants them to be built, strong oline that can keep qb upright and wear down opposition with run.

I’m surprised you feel that way about Ravens, Lamar at the end of round was an appropriate selection.

Agree with you about, Chargers, Cardinal, Patriots.

I believe you will see Luke Falk in a Patriots Jersey this year as well.

xxedge72x likes this.
  5. xxedge72x

It was more Hurst I had an issue with for Ravens. I do like Jackson there, but not strongly.

The Colts I think are in position to have the strongest draft in the league, though still TBD in the real world.

I love them getting Quenton Nelson considering the issues Luck is having. When he's finally back, you're going to want a wall made of adamantium in front of him.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Kolton Miller is the opposite of a strong Olineman. He's a finesse tackle that will need a lot of coaching to be effective in a grind it out running game like Gruden will want. I think they really reached for him.

xxedge72x likes this.
  7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It’s going to be very weird if the Pats don’t grab Lauletta or Rudolph today. Brady is 41...

Can they really leave this draft without a successor?

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Giants are having an amazing draft so far.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, thank goodness I found a thread I can put this in. When Deion Branch announced the Cheats pick, he yelled, "Patriots, Super Bowls, wooooo!" Someone yelled, "Cheaters!" It was very audible, hahahaha. I only taped the first round, but what I wouldn't give to listen to that on a loop. As in forever.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Big time. Too bad the Jets have to share The New Dump with those stuffed shirts Giants fans who crap marble. I do not like Woody Johnson and his lack of business acumen. I do not like him, no I don't. I do not like him at Mall of America, I do not like him at Xanadu, I do not like him on a train to The New Dump. Whatever. My Dr. Seuss-o-meter is off today.

James Hasty likes this.
  11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You were doing fine, you just forgot to add something about Jimmy Hoffa.

12. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

In blocking scheme Tom Cable runs having very athletic tackles is very important. K Miller athletically graded as well as many top offenselineman that have come out of the draft. K Miller isn't ready to play LT ( Raiders would be trouble if Penn has a setback from his injury.). Put him at RT, and he's ready to play day one for them.

If Donald Penn's healthy , than an Offenseline of LT Donald Penn Lg K Osemele C Rodney Hudson RG Gabe Jackson and RT Kolton Milker is one of the better offense lines out there. K Miller is an excellent run blocker , who due to his athletically ability can make blocks on the second level a lot of offenselineman can't make.

Gruden knows that offense is only as good as Derek Carr. They have to keep him healthy. So reaching a little was much more important because you always have to protect your huge investment. Hope the Jets reach a little here( offense line) , than trying to draft projects much later in the draft.( good luck building a great offense line with that model.