Josh Rosen: 'Nine mistakes were made ahead of me'

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 27, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like hearing this from a QB. No telling if his crystal ball will be right but its worth following to see. The Jets could have used some of that swag at the QB position. We haven't had any since 1969. Something magical happened that year also. I wonder what it was

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

At least we don't have to worry about him as he's in another conference

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails, Br4d and boozer32 like this.
  3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Rosen was the guy I was hoping for but Darnold's our guy now so... I'm hoping he'll break the trend of USC QB disappointments.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I wanted Rosen but I’m cautiously optimistic about Darnold

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Rosen reminded me more of Cutler than Rogers which isn't a good thing. Plus he has has two recent concussions we know of and no telling how many in the past. Science says every concussion you have increases the chances to have more. I truly don't think he will last in the NFL.

6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I was a Rosen guy also but my doubting side thought he would have been another Chad Pennington. The question will be if he lasts beyond three seasons.

tbruner12 likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If he has a hard time with mistakes he's definitely not the guy for the Jets. Dead to me.

TonyFtLaud, WayneG99 and xxedge72x like this.
  8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Watching his interview I felt like he came across as the entitled douche that people were making him out to be. Less fire and more whiney spoiled brat. That said I'm still happy he went to Arizona as the talent is real and could have been a headache. Not our problem anymore.

On the flip side, I'm really glad Lamar Jackson made it into the 1st. From the two interviews I caught with him, he's a really nice kid and I hope he is successful in the NFL.

9. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

9 mistakes. So Cleveland should have taken two quarterbacks? Oakland and San Fran needed a QB as well? Stick with 3 mistakes and you will sound as intelligent as you think you are.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ + 1 on Jax - happy for him.

xxedge72x likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I am really glad, Rosen, Mayfield AND Jackson are NOT in our division. Huge win last night for the Jets.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's a dumb comment from a young kid who still has much learning to do, but I'll take Darnold. Quiet, composed, and ready to work.

We don't need another tool bag who could be a hindrance in the locker room. I like Rosen a lot as a player, but many things have always concerned me with him. Injuries, concussions, and his attitude. Darnold was the safe pick and the best pick in my eyes

BacktoQueens likes this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Could Darnold, Allen and Mayfield make it 3 years without injuries?. People act like Rosen was the first QB to have multiple injuries in college.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Guess we'll have to find out. :)

boozer32 likes this.
  15. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Normally someone saying something not totally accurate wouldn't bother me but the fact that Rosen was supposedly this insanely smart MENSA candidate (I'm exaggerating) it bugged me that he didn't consider context.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I don't like hearing this from a QB, I get what he meant by saying this as a motivation ploy but so many players he is going to be with were taken MUCH later if not drafted at all so to be upset over going 10th comes off bad to that locker room. There are players who had to scrap from the bottom of the barrel to earn a place in the locker room and team and you have someone throwing a hissy fit because you went 9 picks later than you feel you should have?

The 9 players aren't a mistake they worked and sacrificed just as much, I like Rosen but this is a very very bad look for him. He should want this draft class to be a great one and want his fellow class to be great, headlined by himself.

You don't hear Big Ben whining that Rivers and Eli went ahead of him, Big Ben does his own thing and is apart of 3 potential HOF worthy QBs and has some super bowls as well.

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

And even better, NE took a jag OLineman and a RB with bone on bone condition in his knee.

That's either a good thing or a bad thing, it's one of those but I can't tell which.

Let's go ask DeWayne Robertson what he thinks.

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Its pretty douchey. His demeanor is that he is already a top QB in the league. When he gets the Bryce Petty and Suh/Wake treatment, he won't be so sure.

#18 Martin&theJETS, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Leicester Jet and BacktoQueens like this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

There are injuries and then there are injuries.

Shoulders--for a QB? Bad. Knees? Sports hernia? Ankles? Quads? Ribs? Not as bad.

Concussions--for anyone--really bad because they have a cumulative effect. I loved Rosen but his two concussions were of the brain rattling missing time/games types of concussions.

And for a guy that is not as mobile, and kind of on the frail side, that could be a career issue for him.

20. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Rosen landed in a perfect spot for him to excel. I feel Darnold has more upside though