2017-2018 NBA discussion thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2017.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think every team in the league would want to trade for him, outside of that I don't think shit except the dude can suck my dick.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm focused on that series first.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The Kawhi situation is straight up weird, it just doesn't make sense to me in terms of what happened; whatever bad advice he got, I am just shocked he bought it. If its about the injury, Kawhi gotta know Pop is doing the best thing for him. I hope they find a way to repair the relationship.

But yeah hopefully Murray develops more of an offensive game.

4. abyzmul

Kawhi is the one that is keeping him from the court. The Spurs cleared him to play like 3 months ago.

He's got a tendonitis thing that you don't come back from unless you play through some pain, and he's being told by personally hired doctors that he shouldn't play again unless he's pain free, or so that's how the story goes.

Part of me just thinks that his family is angry that he's a great player on a team that forces you to give up possessions and sacrifice stats, and the highest (endorsement) paid players are selfish d bags that use up all possessions possible.

Another part of me knows for a fact that he wouldn't be half the player he is if he went to another team when he was drafted .

It is what it is though. If he comes back, he better be lights out, otherwise he'll end up on a shit team for a year or two and he can pad his stats while his team wins 30 games.

5. Walt White

Great game last night NO beating Portland on the road. Highlight to me was Jrue Holiday playing D like an artist. I don't watch the NBA league wide generally and was thrilled to see him play D like that and never really was aware of how good he was. Guys like him are why I watch. Dude is all in and does anything he can to win within the team framework. Rondo captaining the team to play sound team ball. Playoff time that shit still matters.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Milwaukee and Okc today. It's a snow storm here in Wisconsin, roads are pretty much closed, so I'll be staying inside and enjoying my basketball all afternoon.

7. Walt White

Ha fuck you James

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. Walt White

Pelicans slapped the Blazers again in Portland. Really enjoying this series. Particularly the NO backcourt of Rondo and Holiday. They've outplayed Lillard and McCollum and are somewhat of a throwback. They're hardnosed and tough. Rondo's leadership is impressive. Then you have Davis and Mirotic' inside. Old school.

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Watched a few games here and there but it's hard to get into the NBA playoffs this early. Too many teams playing long series vs each other and most of them have no real shot at the championship. It's really a 2 horse race imo. Either GSW or HOU are going to win it vs LeBron.

10. abyzmul

Lol aren't you a Lakers fan?

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Pelicans are a scary team right now.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Walt White

Yeah, I would love to see them take it to GS and knock them off. GS is in for a fight. They're dominating Portland and it starts with the D. Jrue Holiday is gonna is be somebody's nightmare. They're a great to watch right now.

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Yes, I've seen enough Laker NBA Finals to last me a lifetime. it's certainly different when your team isn't one of the favorites in the field. I mean I pull for UCLA in the tourney but even when they're not in it or out I still watch the whole thing cause it's such an amazing tournament. I can't say the same thing about the NBA playoffs cause why waste time on a bunch of these matchups when I know neither of the teams is going to win the whole thing? I'm interested in Houston vs Golden State in the West. That will be a great series. And maybe the east Finals as well, but since it's the JV league the winner of that will lose to the West team anyway.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Philly!

15. NYJalltheway

I don't think anybody is.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There actually seeems to be parity in the NBA for the first time in a while. We were building towards this, but the biggest thing the sport needs is no Warriors and no Cavs in the finals. Pelicans/Raptors wouldn’t be really cool.

Btw, Kyle Lowry is a choke artist. He’s vastly underperformed blowhole Derozan is balling. I know they’re best friends but the best thing Derozan could do is go find himself an actual superstar to play with.

17. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

18. NYJalltheway

I was at the game. That might have been the loudest moment. That, and the Brogdon 3 at the end. I've been to a few Bucks games, but nothing like that. Playoff basketball is a whole nother atmosphere live.

Satan likes this.
  19. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

HOPE YOU GET TO see a few more home games, btw maker is making most of his opportunities , henson might be the backu

20. NYJalltheway

Henson is just hurt, but who needs him at this point. I'm glad Prunty finally started playing both him, and Parker more the last 2 games. And look at that, success. Who would have thought?

I wanted to go to one last game at the Bradley Center, before the new arena opens up next year.