Brady?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Apr 18, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

As Aaron Rodgers says "Relax!"

I get the concern. Doesn't show up for OTAs. The ESPN article last year with Belicheck and Guerero and Brady. He's 40 etc. Should everyone be curious? For sure. Does it raise a red flag? Yes but it's April. He's Brady. He'll be back. If they won the Super Bowl I'd be more incline to believe that he is retiring. April 18th interested to see what happens but not feeling he is retiring.

That be said. How great would it be for this dynasty to end this way. Everyone bickering and not getting along and Brady retires after trading the heir apparent and it ends in misery. Would love it but not happening.

The Patrios will trade the first rounders, second and gronk for the first or second pick. Take the qb we want and he'll be the next Brady we'll select a bust and our cycle of misery will continue.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-still-has-not-committed-to-playing-in-2018/

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The trade you mention is a Pats fanboy pipe dream, if anything they make that trade to the Browns at 4. I suspect there is "some' truth to this article and this is the last season for Tom, Bill or both. Overall i believe a lot of the infighting is being exaggerated by the media. These squabbles have probably been going on the entire time but now reporters smell blood in the water as father time creeps in. The fact Pats fans are actually getting defensive and not just using their typical 'they hate us cause they ain't us" tells me they see the writing on the wall as well. Either way we are getting a potential franchise changing QB and the nightmare in New England is coming to an end. The future is looking up and all the bullshit we as fans have endured will soon start paying off.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Brady's not retiring. I know we all want that, but the Patriots just traded away his heir and Brady just said a few months back that he wants to play another 4-5 years. If he retires now it will be the ultimate screw job to the franchise. It would be funny, but I don't even see it as remotely possible at this point.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. matt robinson 17

7. matt robinson 17

8. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He aint retiring. He's just pissed that BB took away his boyfriend so he figures he will make a statement and not show up for practice

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Personally I think there is zero chance that Brady retires this summer. I could see BB leaving a year too early (thereby making sure his Jedi Master reputation isn't tainted by having to break in a new QB), but not Brady - I think he truly believes that he can defy Father Time more effectively than anyone in history, and wants to prove it to everyone. I will be very surprised if the Pats don't win the division (no one else in the AFC East is any good), and expect them to have a first week playoff bye as well (all of the good teams in the AFC have serious flaws).

By the way, those last two paragraphs of your post were quite the exercise in bipolarity! You went from the best case scenario to the worst case scenario in one sentence!

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you are right about Brady for sure. But I will say this. I didn't watch that garbage documentary Time vs. Tom or whatever, but this one guy on the radio I listen to did and he said after watching that its clear that Giselle wants him to stop playing.

Depending on what kind of man he is - your wife wanting you to quit can either pull you strongly towards retirement or away from the idea :cool:

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

There is a lot of smoke around him not being happy about Bill banning Alex Gurreo from the team facility and Brady wanting to stick it to him for it. I'd love to see Tom retire on the eve of training camp, but I dont see it happening. Its more likely a power play to let it be known how unhappy he is and, as strange as it may sound, the Jimmy G trade gives Brady more leverage in this situation right now as the Pats dont have a talented and experinced (at least with the Pats if not game experince) option behind him. If New England devolves into a circus I for one will watch with delight in my heart.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sounds like Brady is negotiating a better deal for TB12 services.

NY Jets68 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He doesn't care about money.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not sure if serious? Why would he create TB12 and charge for it in the first place then?

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He’s just in in for the rings and the adulation from all those charming young men from Mass.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the one time of the year where Brady can poke hard at Belichik and he likes doing that.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This whole thing is a bigger smoke screen than the Josh Allen #1 pick BS.

19. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Brady has been underpaid for ages.

He had patriots players and tb12 supplementing his lost wage. Having now thrown tb12 out of the building he's playing chess for more money.

Like a previous poster said with no heir apparent in the building, he has the leverage

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He really doesn't care about the money with his wife being worth half a billion or so. I do think it is bothering him that he never sees his kids though and they are starting to get to the age where they will start playing sports.