How tight lipped are the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 16, 2018.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

There has been a ton of talk from both the national media and local beat writers linking Mayfield to the Jets.

Do you believe it or do you think its all a smoke screen?

Its really hard to gauge, but we all know there are leaks to be had in Florham Park so Id be willing to bet the Mayfield stuff is true. The media was 100% accurate that the Jets had no interest in drafting a QB last year, so its likely Mayfield is already the pick unless Darnold miraculously drops.

Noam likes this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Is it a smoke screen? Is it part of the media feeding frenzy for page hits or is it real? It seems if you believe the recent stories the FO wants either Mayfield or Rosen with no desire for Allen who they allegedly have been smitten with since last year. Deciphering what is true and what is not will cause a lot of anxiety among Jet fans.

I Believe where there is smoke there is usually fire. The rumors are likely true but I think its a real possibility that Allen Is their guy. Hackenburg, makes me believe Allen is less likely. Lots of drama. I hope we do not find out until the pick is in.

3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Do you have any confidence that this regime will get it right? I sure don’t. Starting to think they should have stayed at 6 and just picked whatever QB fell to them, because its better to take the choice out of their hands.

boozer32, RochesterJet and CBG like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Basicallly it is all a smokescreen if you don’t want them to draft mayfield and all a reliable source in the franchise if you want them to.
    We all believe what we want to hear

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

There weren't many decent QB prospects last year so that wasn't a huge shocker.

Other than Watson, no one else had success last year. Mahomes played one season game and looked okay. Decent pre-season but it's pre-season. Reid clearly thinks he's good enough as he got rid of his starting QB but we'll see.

I don't think it was necessarily the wrong thing to not want a QB last year.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Que Sera, Sera.."

7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

It can be career suicide for any GM to tip his hand when he's picking anywhere other than the 1st overall. Particularly in Mac's case he's already treading on thin ice, so giving up his draft intentions would be that much more dangerous. I don't believe for a second that he'd be that stupid.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

"What will be, will be."

Cman68 likes this.
  9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Mahomes is FAR better than any QB coming out this year. would have loved to take him last year over anyone this year.

boozer32, tbruner12 and Peebag like this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Lol. You must know something that no one else does. Mahomes won't even be in the top 4 of QBs in the class of 2017 and 2018 when it is all said and done.

11. No Fly Zone

The biggest fear as a Jets fan is they move up to take Mayfield. I think he's there at 6 so its a waste of picks to move up to 3. That said I'm not sure any of the other QB's will be better than Mayfield. I just hope Mac is right moving up for Rosen and he's worth that much more than Mayfield in the end.

boozer32, CBG, Pepsiguy5 and 3 others like this.
  12. No Fly Zone

I'll take Andy's view on Qb's over anyone in the Jets organization. No one thought Alex was worth a damn other than Andy. Let's see how he (Mahomes) does this year with a vastly improved WR core.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My cousin's neighbor's barber is friends with a doctor who knows the car dealer where Mac bought his new car and he says that Mac said he was drafting Allen 100% take it to the bank! Speaking of bank, my banker's brother, who plays poker with Mac's nephew, says that the nephew said there is 100% no doubt that Mac is taking Rosen. He won't stop talking about it. Mac's nephew works at the bakery though, as he is a baker. Mayfield?

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's "FAR" better, but he is probably better. But it would've definitely been better had they taken Mahomes last year, and this year be sitting with all their picks and/or a chance to grab Barkley to completely transform the offense in two drafts.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Alex Smith isn't worth a damn. He's 2-5 in the playoffs and 1-4 with the Chiefs. Andy with all of his championships should definitely be the benchmark.

Walt White likes this.
  16. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Dammed if I know who they will pick. It's anyone's guess. All in all, I think it's a crap shoot. What ever will be, will be.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Hopefully Mac isn't late for his tarot card reading that morning. Shit is tough when you need to transport all that dunkin donuts coffee to the war room.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

We keep things pretty close.

Most of the information that these beat writers get will be from information out there e.g visits and whatever agents let them know.

Kudos to the front office to of kept things this quiet for this long. Not often a place enters a 4th season with no real leaks.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Yes, it makes a refreshing change from the days of Rex Ryan who always told everyone who he wanted. He then wondered why other teams jumped in front on the Jets in the draft for that player :rolleyes:

20. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

YES !!!!!!
    And once we get all 3 of those qbs in camp let the best one win.
    Now will have 3 possible fqb

Noam likes this.