Mortenson: Browns deciding between Allen and Darnold

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't most, if any, would be pissed if they got Darnold. In fact, I bet most would be happy, like you. For me, I would be disappointed we didn't get Rosen, but wouldn't be pissed at getting Darnold. I think all four can be good, IF, like you said, they're coached up right, and that scares me because when have the Jets done that?

NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Shhhh!! Let them proceed and keep Allen from tempting our clueless GM.

NYJetsO12, 101GangGreen101 and Noam like this.
  3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

What's comical is that Darnold literally supersedes Allen in every aspect with the exception of arm strength. Bigger program, better competition, more accurate, more polished, just as athletic/mobile, more accurate in improv plays etc. This shouldn't even be an argument. My guess is that these rumors are just used to build the hype around the pick, but ultimately they would be incompetent to even consider Allen. Again....Allen IS NOTHING like Wentz.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

That's not true. If the Browns have only 2 QBs they like, they need to take a QB at #1, even if they like Allen best. Going Chubb/Barkley #1 means they're getting the 3rd QB off the board. While I can't see us passing on Rosen for Allen, I wouldn't put anything past this team.

I see no way Barkley goes #1. I think he's going to "slide." There's not enough value in taking a RB that high. When all is said and done, I think Cleveland goes Darnold at 1 & trades back or takes Chubb at #4.

TonyFtLaud and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

No

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

boozer32 likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's in the Browns best interest to have their pick be a total mystery going into draft day. That's the best chance that one of the teams directly behind them decides to overpay to move up to #1. It's also the best chance that a team trading with the Giants at #2 takes a QB that the Browns aren't really interested in if they choose to take Barkley or Chubb on the #1.

Allen is a mystery man in this draft because nothing but his physical attributes suggests he's a 1st round prospect. Somehow that quality has taken over people's evaluation of him as a total product and that has pushed him up the board. People began talking about Allen last year when he played fairly well for Wyoming as a sophomore. The fact that he stepped way down this year while getting his workload reduced has been discounted somehow, when normally that would be all people were talking about.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"Jacked up on coffee" ROFL

Yeah, America may run on Dunkins but Mac is Starbucks only ahahah

boozer32 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I dont think the Browns GM Dorsey can possibly take J Rosen after his comments...the fans would throw tomatoes at them both and unleash the Dawg Pound

This is also why they have Allen/ Darnold in their head...Could they shock us all and take Mayfield? i hope not

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm ok with them taking Allen or Darnold if it means we get Rosen. :D

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.