Jethro Tull Top 10 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It would be such a Jets move to take Mayfield over Rosen lol

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Word had it that this was another retarded thread of yours. . Wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt I reserved judgement before checking it out. . Turns out they were right,. this is completely retarded.

Retarded.

Source?

Source?

^^^
    2018 Retardo Award Nominee: . "Most Retarded Post-of-the-Year."

#22 joe, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    stinkyB, FJF, Harpua and 1 other person like this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The dude is just completely full off shit. Just like he Tanner Lee thread I linked in here where I called his lying ass out and he ignored it and let the thread die. He’s a text book troll.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

If Woody is letting politics dictate the Jets future then he needs to sell the team.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. boozer32

Are you confusing arrogance with intelligence? I heard a story that he helped his teammates go to Hawaii by getting sponsorships. He of course could afford to as his parents are rich. But it shows he is a team player and has empathy for them. That is the kind of guy players will back 100%.

NYJetsO12, Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Anyone who is using Rosen's "attitude" or "coachability" or "lack of commitment" as reasons to say the Jets shouldn't draft him, I have two things to say:

1. Provide proof of any of these claims. And by proof, I don't mean third-hand mentions of some anonymous person, nor your interpretation of what someone said...just plain, black and white (or color) factual proof of these assertions.
    2. Watch Rosen's tape, not even someone's breakdown or analysis, use your own eyes. If you don't see him as miles ahead of anyone else in this draft, you don't know how to evaluate QBs.

NYJetsO12, boozer32 and westiedog1 like this.
  7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Whatever it is ,intelligence or arrogance ,It's his views that he very much likes to air and his anti- establishment with person(s) he doesn't see eye to eye with. If he's wearing an anti Trump hat, just for whatever reason, that's an indication he's rebellious. That will bite him in the end because you know the fans and the media will jump all over that. Will Woody turn his head the other way since he is a rep for the US Gov. led Pres. Trump? That will be a burning question come draft day.

BacktoQueens and boozer32 like this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

" I know how to evaluate QBs and nobody else does....well unless they agree with me. "

This is essentially what you're saying, .correct?

9. ColoradoContrails

No, but save that straw man for Halloween.

10. boozer32

I mean the guy hasn't killed anyone. How can they turn away a potential franchise QB when they keep a turd around like Robbie Anderson.Or looking the other way when Brett Favre sent out dick pic's. It sends out mix signals. I would be pissed if Rosen is there and this is the reason they chose not to draft him. Rosen could be that guy for the next 10 years for us.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

What strawman? v v v

translated: I see my favorite QB as 'miles' ahead of ANYONE ELSE and if you don't......well, you just don't know how to evaluate QBs."

Funny but why then is Darnold 'miles' ahead of every other QB in mock drafts? . And why has Vegas installed Darnold as the odds on favorite to be picked before any other QB in this draft?

#31 joe, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  12. ColoradoContrails

Almost every analysis of the QBs says that Rosen is the most pro-ready QB, that all the others will likely have to sit a year or even more to get there, although a lot people then say that Allen and Darnold could both be the best IF they reach their ceiling.

Translation: As of now, the consensus is that Rosen is "miles ahead" of everyone else.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

it was really more about the "don''t know how to evaluate QBs" . crack .....

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/espn-josh-rosen-toughness-leadership/405547

ESPN’s announcing team for Saturday’s UCLA-Washington game raised questions about Josh Rosen’s toughness and leadership after the Bruins quarterback exited the game in the third quarter.

Rosen got hurt in the middle of the third quarter and went to the locker room with what the announcers said was a (non-throwing hand) finger injury. He was replaced by Devon Modster. When he emerged from the locker room in the fourth quarter, he was in street clothes.

After the game, UCLA head coach Jim Mora offered little about the nature of Rosen’s injury. Jim Mora on Josh Rosen: "He took some hits and he’s beat up. It’s multiple things going on."

The uncertainty surrounding his situation didn’t stop ESPN’s announcing team of Brock Huard and Bob Wischusen from questioning Rosen’s toughness. They brought up examples of other quarterbacks who have played hurt and said NFL scouts and teams would wonder about how tough the QB is if he was sidelined by a finger injury.

As if that weren’t rough enough on the QB, sideline reporter Allison Williams joined in a few minutes later by questioning Rosen’s leadership.

“I’ve been watching him down on the sidelines, and I gotta say I did not like how he responded as things went south,” Williams said during a fourth quarter report while UCLA was trailing 37-16. “At the beginning of the game he was engaged, he was asking a lot of questions, which is his trademark. And then as he started to struggle, he got quiet. And the one thing I noticed: When things weren’t going well, it wasn’t him going up to his teammates saying, ‘Hey, we’re going to be alright.’ It was his teammates going up to him saying, ‘Hey, are we going to be alright?’

“I just thought it was interesting, when things got tough, the way he got quiet.”

Rosen had by far his least productive passing game of the season, going 12 of 21 for 93 yards and a touchdown in the game. The junior is in the mix to be the first quarterback drafted if he chooses to leave school. There have been a lot of questions about his character considering some of his actions, such as his comments about school and football, his hot tub incident, and his Trump hat, among other things. On top of all that, now he has TV announcers editorializing and being critical of him too.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Some of these Rosen criticisms are ridiculous. Why does anybody care if he had a hot tub in his room? Is that really a make or break factor for somebody? If anything, wearing a F*ck Trump hat gives him more character and would make him an icon in NYC. I also agree with his comments about football and school. His personal opinion is now a character concern?

The ONLY thing that worries me about Rosen is the concussions, but that's not a good reason to avoid drafting him IMO, when you look at his talent.

#34 Sam Hammer, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Rosen fits better with the giants but i don't think they are going QB.

16. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Fixed

Rockinz likes this.
  17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Who else would they take

18. ColoradoContrails

Seriously? One offhand report from one game. AFAIK none of the ESPN broadcast team are doctors so how would they know how hurt he was? Maybe there were other injuries besides the "non-throwing hand finger injury". As for the observation by Allison Williams, who knows what, if any, agenda she had for making that comment? If this were something that Rosen had shown on more than one occasion it would be a concern, but no one else ever reported this in other games. If you want to discount the best pure passing, NFL-ready QB since maybe Andrew Luck (and I know you do), then go ahead. If Macc & Co. put stock in this account and pass over Rosen, so be it, they're the so-called experts.

19. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Man I’m not gonna be against whoever they pick, that player will get my support 100%. I just see obviously Darnold and Allen as far superior talents with massive potential. It would be really hard to pull the trigger on a non QB but when you start to talk about talents like Chubb, Barkley and Nelson; I’m in I think. I have Rosen about equal as far as for us with the three listed above and Mayfield way below.

Either way I know in my heart it’s not going Allen Darnold 1,2. So get one please, if not it will be time for a very hard decision between Rose and the 3 position players.

Rockinz likes this.
  20. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

There’s a 0% chance we pick a position player. And thank gawd we don’t have Allen as an option