49ers Foster arrested again.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AlexJETS, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Ug, please make an example of this clown, Goodell. Permaban him from the NFL. So sick of these scumbags getting chance after chance after chance. You make millions of dollars, how hard is it to follow the friggin law?

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Is there any ability to have a case heard before pronouncing sentence anymore?

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I absolutely think that there needs to be an investigation before any punishment is handed down, but a conviction is definitely not a requirement for discipline. The former is based on a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard, which is far far higher than what would be required for the league or team. In my opinion a violent felony conviction is certainly sufficient for being thrown out of the league, but it is far from necessary.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I have no problem with a few games suspension for lesser transgressions, without conviction, if there is sufficient evidence, since I know many times charges are pled down or victims are paid off. But the previous poster calling for a lifetime ban before all the facts come out is a little far out there.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I agree with you here, I should have said, "if he's proven guilty or there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt". I feel Goodell should ban him for life if it's true, not without having a chance to defend himself. 2 arrests within a month or so is not a good sign for his innocence, however.

#6 Sam Hammer, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    The Waterboy likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No wonder he dropped so far down, dude is so freaking talented too ...

7. Looks like his off the field issues were no joke...

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Foster's story is one of the saddest of all these young kids screwing up .He
    over came so much, and now appears to be pissing it all away.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thank God we didn't draft him as some here wanted!

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The story continues. He will be arraigned today on charges including four felonies. Suspension for at least 8 games is a given at this point, but the fact they've formally charged him with possession of an assault weapon along with its high-capacity magazine (two felonies) makes me think he's going to be doing time. That's not something that is "he said,she said," and if they were going to deal it down they wouldn't have formally charged him.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

facing up to 11 years if found guilty of everything. if the girlfriend is cooperating he is done. doubt he can avoid prison,even with a plea bargain,facing that much time

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

That's a pretty nice AR-15 he's got but he will be going to jail for it in Commiefornia :)

abyzmul likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I know everyone on here laughed like hell about Maurice Clarett's epic descent into nobodiness, but personally it's very sad to me to see people implode. No, Mo Carlett wasn't the steal of the draft (you weren't here for that), but I felt sorry him in the sense that he had the emotional maturity of a 10 year old and no-one in his life tried to protect or mentor him even just a little bit. People used him, he didn't get it, he made his own idiotic, horrible and life damning criminal decisions; but watching that career death spiral unfold, I just didn't find it amusing. It was like people rubber-necking over a fatal accident with blood all over the road on the freeway.

That aside, Foster is headed towards a similar fate, although it doesn't exempt either one of them from being idiots.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. jetophile

I've always called California the Flake Capital of the Free World (and it is), but Commiefornia, haha, nice. Yo, watch out! Take one more step to the left, you'll fall into the Pacific Ocean, dude!

15. jetophile

If she is that beaten down emotionally as well, she may not be. Hopefully she is in counseling and does right by herself either way. I can't wait for the NFL to start running their BS 'No More' domestic violence damage control commercials again. It's not as if Foster isn't guilty. Since when can you fake a busted eardrum? It seems the 49ers are pulling a semi-Josh Brown. Josh Brown, what a turd. The 49rs haven't cut Foster yet. Whaaaaat.

16. jetophile

Apparently they're both mutually abusive and freaking nuts. There is something seriously wrong with the both of them. I do my best not to jump to conclusions and I really should try to be better with that; but most times it's based on what is unanimously available. There are some other articles out there about her testimony, but she's a loaded weapon and so is he. Mutually toxic. The DA is still saying there is enough evidence to continue moving forward with or without her.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...stic-violence-charges-were-based-on-lies/amp/

#17 jetophile, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i hate shit like this, turns out the guy was not guilty. stop worrying about what other people do on their own time. the court system will deal with it the nfl and especially its fans really need to piss off about stuff that happens out of football.

18. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Goodell needs to suspend his girlfriend for this blatant attempt to rob a franchise of a star player, she should have to walk the hundred yard field of Levi stadium while fans getting douse her in beer and various stadium concessions.

19. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

got arrested again late last week and the 49ers cut him.