Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

The guy has done a good job with the Indians pitchers. Who know how much he factors in or just give all the credit to the talent. Him been paired with Terry Francona who one can say is the best manager in baseball? I mean not a bad person to be around to learn from.

I heard Mike say that a player he won't mention said it was the worst clubhouse he's ever been in his life. Which is actually believable. You don't get the impression that everything is copacetic. His presser seemed a little Kumbaya which wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. Maybe shouldn't draw conclusions being that this was just introduction. I just think this team needs someone a little authoritarian.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Ray Ramirez was fired three weeks ago, the same day Warthen was fired. Given that he thought he had a good shot at the managerial job and didn't get it, I wouldn't be surprised if Long wants to leave too, but he has to get another job to be able to do that.

As far as the new guy goes, who knows. Francona is the master of being both close to his players and getting the best out of them, and obviously Callaway will try to do the same. DeGrom is a pro, so it won't affect him, and Harvey is shot and will be gone soon so it doesn't really matter. The key is that they're going to have to get Syndergaard to shut his mouth, follow instructions, and just pitch. We'll just have to see if it happens.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Shoulda hired this guy:

Walt White likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Do you think a hitting coach really has that much of an impact on the outcome? I listen to Francessa a lot and share the same perspective that they do not have much of an impact on the outcome of their hitters.

The Mets were a bad hitting team with a bad lineup. I don't think a good hitting coach could've salvaged that.

Callaway's introduction press conference was a bit cringe worthy with his whole 'caring about players spheal.' But I guess the Mets could use some positivity. Good luck with a cancerous personality like Cespedes.

5. NYGalPal

Yankees fired Joe. He took a young Yankees team within one game of the World Series. That’s kind of cold. lol I’m guessing the Nats/Phillies will probably extend him an offer.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Didn't see that coming, he has done a good job with a young team. They are developing well, it's not easy to find a good manager.

He in my opinion is a good manager.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I just heard the biggest possible news of the off-season: deGrom cut his hair at the end of the season! There will be an updated bobblehead given out on July 7. How did I miss this?

[​IMG]

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

hah! no idea how I missed that. Thank god for the Mets, beginning of a new era

FlaJet likes this.
  9. NYGalPal

The amount of Homeruns the Yankees will have next year. lol

O/t ‘’Derek Jeter group is already seeking new investors for the Marlins 2 months after buying the team for $1.2 billion’’

I felt from the beginning that the sale should have never been approved. Selling to a group that still has to go out there and wrangle up even more investors? The Marlins are going to used as a farm system for other MLB teams.

10. GordonGecko

why the f would anyone have wanted to buy the Marlins.

I hope Loria gets hit by a bus and ends up on a ventilator for the next 20 years

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

How bout them Mutts ! 9-1, best start to the season in franchise history!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Feels good! Hopefully we stay healthy and can keep this rolling for a while! Need to take todays game to finish off the sweep

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. GordonGecko

fukk the Marlins

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. NYGalPal

Damn Travis again?

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Damn. I thought Plawecki/d'A might evolve into a position of strength. Time for Plawecki to step up, if he can, and to see what Nido can do. If Travis has TJ surgery Sandy might have to target a C for the future.

16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is the start of our Mets coming out on top. LGM

17. NYGalPal

Wheeler pitching good come on offense. Don't want to go from a high of a winning streak to a low of getting no hit. :p

18. NYGalPal

Mattingly took Garcia out even though he was pitching a no hitter with 77 pitches. Facing the bullpen hopefully the bats wake up.

19. NYGalPal

... and the Mets take the lead!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 NYM

20. NYGalPal

We might be on the way to having two catchers on the DL. Plawecki hand doesn't look good.