Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You and I won't find much joy while were here -Lord Beric Dondarion GOT

2. theron

theron New Member

I know all about your Avatar :)

Brook! likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm Mrs. championjets69. I would give a formal hello, but no time for that because North Korea is gonna nuke us tonight. I don't care what they say! The damn prepper bunker store is out of potassium iodide, so that's that!

This team will never win anything, but we're all gonna die big time Chernobyl style because Kim Jong-un is ready to launch, so who cares about the draft?! Grow up, it's stupid. I hope The New Dump gets destroyed first. My biggest dream is that the state of NJ doesn't have any shitty SCUD missiles!

-Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

Poeman likes this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

5. jetophile

The MacNeil/Lehrer Report was the only godforsaken thing I could get on my portable black & white Zenith TV at 3 a.m. on UHF! And the reception was crap! I played with that damn antenna for hours, even put some tin foil on the end of it. Droning about finances, and it was still snowy! Buncha commies over at PBS!

-Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

6. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Don’t know where to ask so I’ll try here.
    How do u post pictures in a reply keeps saying error sneaky url

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If the picture is on the internet right click on the picture. From coming drop down menu select Copy Image URL

Come back to here and click on the icon that has a picture on it right next to the smiley face icon. From coming window paste the URL and click on Insert. You should be good. If your problem isn't solved consult our resident guru @FJF

8. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Hi all. New to the site. I think I've seen every Jets game from 1965 to now. Even went on a cruise with some of the players. Tired of suffering. Need another SB win.

9. Brook!

Welcome to the board. Glad to see a long time fan like you here. :)

Let’s hope we can win one just like the Eagles did. Please share your Jets stories at this thread if you feel like it. :)

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/off-field-jets-stories.90018/

10. jetophile

Welcome to the site! Can't believe the Jets haven't killed you yet! Tired of suffering! You should've pitched yourself head first into the ocean on that cruise! Not suicide, an end of life mercy killing! You'd never make it to that 'Disappeared' show on Discovery! Ever see those episodes where people go overboard on ships and no-one can solve it? In your situation, case closed before it's opened! And your family won't even have to hire an attorney!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

#430 jetophile, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I expect tomorrow night there will be alot of guests hovering our board...If you are a Jets fan and not signed up, get on board. It's going to be a new era and we need new voices :cool:

Brook! likes this.
  12. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Happy draft all in on chosen Rosen

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

Welcome to the board.

14. DannyG

DannyG New Member

Hi Danny here born in Queens and raised in Miami, the way the men in my family say i love you is "how are the jets doin?" Glad to be official on here been coming on and reading the forums for over 10 years, just never thought to register. a lot to talk about now I guess, with the QB of the future. didn't expect to get Darnold, really happy and excited we did.

westiedog1 and Brook! like this.
  15. Brook!

Welcome to our board Danny. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

16. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I've been posting a bit more recently, so I figure I should post something here.

I'm a New Zealander who has been a Jets fan since 2010. I grew up playing soccer and swimming. I was never really built for contact sports, and I've confirmed that recently. Started martial arts a few years ago and managed to damage cartilage in the knee. Started rock climbing more recently and managed to mess up my wrist, then break my back. I must have the Dee Milliner genes.

Growing up in NZ meant I was more exposed to Rugby as a spectator. All Blacks fan of course, Auckland Blues fan (they're the uber talent-filled team who always find a way to fail), and became a casual Arsenal fan over the years. Since I've found the Jets though, I think they're my favourite team to support, even above the All Blacks.

Anyway, I became a Jets fan in a less than usual way. I watched my first ever NFL game in 2009. Vikings vs. Saints in the NFC Championship, flicked on the TV and it was on. I remember them harping on about AP's fumbling problems, and what an amazing season Brett Favre had just had. Second game was the Super Bowl, Saints vs. Colts, which was an amazing watch, even as a person with very little football knowledge.

After that, I decided to splurge a bit and bought Madden 10. One of the two. Made myself a QB in the career mode they had back then, and ended up being drafted by the Jets to take over for some Madden scrub called Mark Sanchez. Some friends who were avid NFL fans found out, and taught me more about the game in general, as well as some of the players. I learned about Revis, and he quickly became my favourite player.

After that, I think it may have been Hard Knocks sold me on the Jets. I loved Rex Ryan's talk and bluster at the time (I even bought his book after the 2010 season), though it eventually got old. That 2010 season was definitely a roller coaster ride as a rookie fan!

I finally managed to make it to USA in 2014, and got to see my first Jets game at Metlife as well! Geno promptly proceeded to throw three interceptions in a row. The only silver lining was watching Sammy Watkins catch the ball for a breakaway touchdown, only to be downed at the 1 yard line because he was showboating. I was sitting above the Bills sideline, and the heckling towards him was intense. I also saw the Titans vs. Jaguars game that year in Nashville, and realised we definitely don't have the worst in the league.

The Jets players I've especially enjoyed watching over the years have been: Revis, Mangold, Leonhard, Wilkerson, Snacks, Fair Catch Kerley, Antonio Allen, Leo, Powell, the Fitzmagic/Decker/Marshall combo, the Adams/Maye tandem, and the above averageness of Austin Howard. Oh man, I was so pissed when Idzik didn't resign Howard after the Wayne Hunter Experience.

Despite the ups and downs over the years since then, I'm still a Jets fan and will be forever. I'm an optimist at heart, I figure I have another 50 or so expected years left of life to wait for a Jets Super Bowl. Here's to hoping it's much sooner.

17. Brook!

Oh man. What a nice story. Welcome to the board Cidusii. :)

jaywayne12 and Cidusii like this.
  18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I too cant sleep at night over this...heck...they have not nuked us in 51 years!!

19. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Hi im Richard Bajakian
    Bajakian at NYJetsChat
    Thanks for allowing me to participate

Been a Jets fan since i watched them beat the Colts in 69 and won a small wager from my dad
    That day was why I got into football and have suffered thru almost 50 yrs with them

Look forward to seeing both new and old faces here

westiedog1 and Brook! like this.
  20. Brook!

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it here. :)