James Hasty 2018 Mock 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by James Hasty, Mar 29, 2018.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I know you guys are drooling over the QBs but Barkley is just too much value for me to pass up at #3. As a consolation prize I think we should kick to tires on Johnny Manziel after the draft. Anyway here goes nothing.

I used the latest 7 round draft from draft wire to determine which players were available.

Jets trade their third round pick # 72 overall and Bilal Powell RB
    Dallas cowboys for pick # 81 (3rd), # 116 (4th), and #197 (6th)

Top of the Draft

1. Cleveland Browns take Sam Darnold
    2. New York Giants take Josh Rosen

Jets Draft
    1. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State (our pick)
    3 Frank Raginow OC Arkansas (Dallas pick)
    4a. Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia (our pick)
    4b Holton Hill CB Texas (Dallas pick)
    5 Kentavious Street DE NC State (our pick)
    6a Antonio Calloway WR Florida (our pick)
    6b Dalton Schultz TE Stanford (Dallas pick)
    7 Troy Apke S Penn State (our pick)

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't get this at all?

so we gave up all those picks for a RB, don't draft a QB anywhere? you have calloway a 2nd-3rd round WR slated in the 6th? Dallas for some reason wants powell despite having zeke?

There are very few draft scenarios in which I would completely lose my shit and hate mac, but this would be one of them. thankfully you are not our GM

NCJetsfan, Seth and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. James Hasty

As I said, draftwire's latest mock was used to tell me which players would be available. If you think a player should be ranked higher take it up with them. Just because you think some player goes in round 2 does not make it so.

Who says we have to draft a QB this year?

Dallas could use a backup RB and may make it a priority since their starter was injured last year. If it makes you feel better, just say we give them a fifth rounder next year.

4. GasedAndConfused

gotta use more then 1 source for sure. No way calloway is around after the 3rd. likely taken in the 2nd. Its not what i think, it's the general consensus. have to be somewhat realistic with them.

we need to take a QB because we traded up to 3 for the specific reason of taking a QB. the 2019 QB class is weak as hell.

Also nobody got injured for dallas. zeke was suspended 6 games. They used morris to start in his place who is gone. They have 2 young backs they like as well already in smith and williams. Hence the reason for moving on from morris and DMC. I can't see why they would trade for a 29 year old RB to back up their stud RB. not only that but they have literally no cap room, hence why they let players walk in free agency and didn't really sign anyone and are debating releasing dez. Powell has a 4 million salary for 2018 menaing it would be 4 mil more in space they need to clear to even obtain him.

You have to make at least some sense when you do these. ignoring the QB position despite knowing the GM traded up for a QB, A trade that is practically impossible and makes no sense, having a 2-3rd prospect siting there at 6? not to mention the crazy amount of WRs we have already. enunwa, anderson, pryor, kearse, stewart, hansen, and about 6-7 more fighting for that 7th spot as it is.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

April Fools Day came early. :p:D

6. James Hasty

The Jets hosted Calloway for a private workout (link is below)

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/...rida-wr-antonio-callaway-for-private-workout/

You are no where as smart as you think you are.

With Calloway's off the field issues he might just drop and keep dropping.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Wow are u looking for a riot?

Nice effort but I highly doubt you trade up 3 spots with a boat load of picks for a RB. Barkley is an excellent player but I just can’t see it.

The pick is either Allen, Rosen or Mayfield

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  9. James Hasty

What do you think of the other picks?

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Decent. I would love Zo Carter in the 4th just not sure why he would slip that far.

I like the Raginow pick. I think he will be there for our 3rd rounder as well.

Street being a true DE really doesn’t fit our 3-4 but I see what you were thinking though as he can rush the passer

I like Hill and would be a good value pick in that spot.

The other guys I’m not too high on

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

it's called due diligence. maybe they are looking to see if he slips into he 3rd. what does having to be smart do with anything? but in my experience, the one who starts slinging the insults at people is usually the "one who si nowhere as smart as he thinks" as you say.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Seth

Seth Active Member

You should be banned for a week for this.

We're taking a QB.

13. James Hasty

Mac should be banned for giving away three second rounders.

Had we stayed put or even moved down to seven we would have be guaranteed at least one of the following:

Barkley
    Darnold
    Chubb
    Rosen
    Nelson
    Mayfield
    Allen

14. GasedAndConfused

Barkley and nelson would be nice, but are luxuries and we need a QB
    chub doesn't fit out scheme well
    that just leaves the 4 QBs for us. there is no guarentee 1 of them will be there at 6
    the browns are taking 1 for sure, likely 1st overall
    the giants could take one or trade out to a team wanting one
    the browns could trade the 4 pick to a QB hungry team
    the colts could have traded the 3 pick to a QB hungry team (like they did to us)
    the broncos could take a QB at 5 as well

picking 6, means that 4 Qbs could be off the board when we pick.

If you are going to post a mock draft, you should show some semblance of knowing what to pick and be able to take criticism without being a dick towards people

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hasty, I have to admire your consistency. You consistently have some of the worst ideas for drafts, FAs and personnel moves of any poster here. :p :eek: Of course the flip side of that is you're just being stubborn and not learning.

Not taking a QB and taking Barkley is flat out wrong and would get Mac, you or any GM fired, and rightfully so.

Ragnow would be a very good add if he's still there. Carter is about the same player as Jenkins/Mauldin. He might be better depth for Jenkins, but imo he isn't gonna help the pass rush much, if any. He has potential, but was an underachiever until this last season.

Based on what I've read about Hill, he has potential, but you've overdrafted him by 2-3 rounds. He is a very risky pick and very immature. He was suspended from his team for violating team rules, thus not exactly the type of player the team is or should be looking for. IMO you've also overdrafted Street, and while strong, he isn't a very good prospect. We don't need another S. Based on what I've read about Schultz, he will be drafted earlier than the bottom of the 6th round.

I give this draft an F for taking Barkley and not a QB; otherwise I might give you a D.

16. Seth

Seth Active Member

The few Barkley supporters are a fucking cult, I swear.

17. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

This is a deep running back class. You don't trade three picks to move up for a RB ever. You only trade up into the top 3 picks for a franchise QB. Redo that first pick because everything after it looks good.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. James Hasty

Antonio Callaway - WR - Player
    Florida WR Antonio Callaway failed his Combine drug test, testing positive for marijuana with a "diluted sample."

Callaway claims he was "over-hydrated," and that he will address the issue with teams. Callaway dealt with a litany of off-the-field issues as a Gator, and was suspended for his entire junior season. Callaway had a strong Combine but has forced himself into Day 3 flier territory.

Looks like he might be there in round six after all.

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I actually like the draft. Ragnow, Carter and Schultz would be nice.

As would Barkley, this place would erupt if he was the pick though.

boozer32 and James Hasty like this.
  20. Seth

Seth Active Member

Not happening, just hope you realize that my dude.