Dolphins to Release Suh

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 12, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

The Miami Dolphins are planning to release defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh in a move that could be completed Monday, league sources told Jeff Darlington of ESPN.

Suh may have been hinting at the upcoming move when he tweeted a video Monday morning in which he said "There will be some exciting things going on."

Suh's release also takes a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.

If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Miami is getting ready for something but not sure what. I hope they don't trade up and get one of the Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and build an offense around the QB they pick.

3. GasedAndConfused

they are just in a bunch of cap hell. they were 4mil over after trading landry and not including quinn who they traded for. all these releases are just shedding cap room. they need to make about 20mil or so. suh alone should get them halfway there

TonyFtLaud, Royal Tee and Brook! like this.
  4. Brook!

Solid

I love your knowledge about NFL. You really are something. Please post more my friend.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

aww thanks! i just have too much time lol that and high stakes fantasy football keeps me always on the lookout.

Brook! likes this.
  6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to worry about that. The Dolphins love cornfed useless players and safe picks. They don't have the balls to trade up and draft a QB early. They prefer to take them late, with less risk involved. Plus the dumbass HC loves Ryan Tannehill, and the owner loves the dumbass HC and GM, so there is no hope. Maybe they go 1-15, Ross sells the team, and new ownership actually hires competent people.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Well Antoni I feel better now. But if they do trade up I will find you and ban you until season starts. Lol. I hope you are right my friend. Bills seems to be getting ready to trade up. Broncos are already ahead of us. I am getting worried.

CotcheryFan and Antoni like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't want him. Let him be some other team's problem.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Tannenbaum does this rinse & repeat cap maneuvering stuff every offseason.But Dont bet for one minute the Phins don’t have their eyes on moving up.

For one Tanny loves a big splash on draft day but Also there’s no way he can sit back & let the Jets at 6 & the Billls poised to move up leave Miami in the dust by getting FQBs w Brady/BB finally sighting the end..

If the dolphins scouts like the QBs he’s almost forced to make a move

JetBlue likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

dolphins seem pretty comitted to tannehill IMO i cna't see them going QB in round 1. not with all their needs and cap hell. they'll want an immediate impact player. I could see them going WR to replace landry

11. I heard somewhere that they’re enamored w Baker Mayfield.Tannenbaum abides by that Ron Wolff QB draft mantra.just sayin you never know

That said you make some good points.I could see them trading up for a positional player just the same.Chubb,Fitzpatrick,Ward,Nelson..perhaps even Barkley.Tannenbaum will absolutely be looking to make a deal

12. GasedAndConfused

I'm all for that happening. I don't want mayfield. If we draft him i'll be happy we addressed the QB situation and i'll root hard as hell for him, But I think he has bust written all over him. If i was going to predict the 3 bust QBs in this draft out of the top 5 i'd take mayfield and allen as the top 2, and rosen as a possibility but much lesser bust chance then the other 2. I think darnold and jackson will have the best careers out of this draft

Just to ease the mayfield hype, remember in 2017 everyone said darnold was a can't miss, once in a decade prospect guaranteed to go 1st overall whenever he comes out and best QB in the draft since luck, better then wentz or goff by far. Now a year later he's a borderline top 5 with some scouts having allen, rosen, and/or mayfield higher. In other words, don't believe the hype, especially fast rising prospects like mayfield.

13. Mayfield is not my favorite either but at this point I'm happy w. any of the big 4. I think all 4 sort of have the same level of risks yet all have the obvious upside of being long term difference makers & fixtures. It's all about whats the best fit & what a team's flavor is. Same with all of us on here..the preferences are all over the place.

I'm partial to Rosen & Allen but I'm not Gonna picky..if they have conviction in Darnold or Mayfield I'll be happy just the same.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

Pretty much the way i feel. as long as we actually improve the QB position i'm not going to complain, but for me it's cousins, darnold, or jackson. Allen and mayfield just lack talent IMO and don't look like QBs and Rosen is supposedly a dick and also doubtful he'd be around for our pick as he seems to be the 1st QB off the board in most mocks

15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member