Why Jets can reach Super Bowl within next 3 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mainejet, Feb 12, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The thing is, that free agent clas doesn’t accomplish much without nick,brick,revis,Harris, b Smith, e Smith and a few other draft picks from 2006-2007 being actual good football players hitting their prime. The free agent class was the topper after a few good draft classes. Something we’re missing right about now

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Yes, it took a few good drafts to develop a core to build around that went to 2 straight AFC Championship games. Sadly, the drafting after 2007 wasn't too good and Tanny gave away picks like candy which really compromised depth on the roster. As the FA's brought in started to age out or move on to other teams, the Jets went back to being a mediocre team at best and below average at worst. This is why Mac must hit a few home runs in this year's draft or at least get us the FQB we haven't had in quite sometime to build around.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. It all goes back to Drafting & developing.Until the jets show the ability to do those 2 things over a good 2-3 year period a super bowl is only a fairy tale.

They get another shot to get it right this year.Jets haven’t had a great draft class in a very long time.until they show that ability, I’m with Cman in the “show me state”!

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

In my opinion, every team is 3 years (or less) away from the Super Bowl provided they do the right things. A couple of very good off-seasons alone can dramatically change the fortunes of a team.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jets can easily go to the Super Bowl if Woody Johnson purchases tickets for the entire team.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Eagles pretty much went seven for seven in free agency.

If we can do the same while moving down in the draft and selecting the right players we could turn things around quickly.

A Brady Bellichick murder suicide wouldn't hurt our chances either.

Imagine what these players could do for our starting roster:

Demarcus Lawrence OLB
    Demario Davis ILB
    Sheldon Richardson DE
    Kyle Fuller CB
    Bashaud Breeland CB

Kirk Cousins QB
    Andrew Norwell OG
    Weston Richburg OC
    Allen Robinson WR
    Donte Moncreif WR
    Tyler Eifert TE

dogg and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chip Kelly literally destroyed the Eagles franchise in 2015. Got rid of all their stars and became a mess. Pederson took over in 2016 and by February 2018 they hoisted the Lombardi trophy. That is truly remarkable. So the morale of the story is "Anything is possible" still it is highly unlikely the Jets get anywhere deep in the playoffs with Bowles at Head Coach. Even if Mac builds a great team.......

nicg4360 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Agreed for sure. It started with truly good drafting. The FA period was also used appropriately. Tanny used FA to provide certain positional fixes. These were mostly that couldn't have been obtained through the draft.

So in the situation of the Jets today, I see no one that stands out as players like you could easily tell with guys like Mangold, Revis, or Harris. It makes me wonder if Mac knows what he's doing?

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i will defer to champ for my answer.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh and the eagles coach may be brilliant, ours is surely not.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Looks like we're the only ones offering Kirk a guaranteed contract.... one step closer in my mind if he signs.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Link?

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

FJF likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If Eagles fans had their choice Pederson would have been run out of town last year. Just saying..

FJF likes this.
  15. James Hasty

Those guys boo'd Santa Claus (this really happened and was included in the Invincible movie) so it is hard to accept their judgement.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets can have a huge turnaround if Mac does things right this offseason. The team was (5-11) with a pretty bad roster. Add a good QB, improve the O-line, get rid of selfish losers like Mo, the young kids will keep improving, add a couple vets at key positions, and you are (11-5) instantly. That part is not far fetched. Just don't see Bowles leading this team to the Super Bowl or out-coaching teams in the playoffs ever.

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

To win a SB in the next 3 years would require the Jets to get the stench of Bowles and Macc far away from the team. So that is after this coming year. So now we are down to 2 years. If we get an offensive mind and Tom Brady retires it opens up some possibilities. But the talent level is really poor on the Jets right now. We wasted picks with the back to back safeties, no pass rush at all, ZERO quality CB, the linebackers are so-so, no running game, no offensive push from the OL and most importantly until we can get a QB that we can throw out there every Sunday nothing will change.

18. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

It's easy to name players who we think talent wise might benefit the roster, either through FA or via the draft, but if the Patriots have taught the league anything (apart from spying and deflating footballs of course) it's that choosing the right players for the system is of vital importance. Have a look at some of the guys who played on that team this year, particularly on defence and you're looking at guys on their third of fourth teams who are virtual no names - but put them in the right system and coach them correctly and they dramatically improve. Whilst we keep changing co-ordinators and lack continuity, it's virtually impossible to build a system - then you are just relying on the players talent and will to win and that's not enough. There's no doubt that this is a make or break year for Bowles and Maccagnan - this is their roster now and they have the draft and cap collateral to seriously upgrade. I just doubt we have the coaches or infrastructure to help the players succeed

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. James Hasty

Hard to find players for our system when we do not know who will replace Bowles after next year.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

I guess that's the point and why i actually don't blame Bowles, it's the people at the top making the decisions which are costing the Jets year after year

dogg and 101GangGreen101 like this.