Saquon Barkley at #6 + FA QB in 2018?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 2, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Always nice to have a dominate receiver, but having multiple options that can win is also very nice. Anderson and Enunwa can change a game, they've done it before. We've never seen them both play at a high level at the same time. Plus Hansen has a very bright future as well. Look for him to increase his role. You can pick your poison in a sense. I really like Mark Andrews (TE) from OU. He's got some Jason Witten to his game. Ridley isn't better then Amari Cooper, I don't know if he's exactly a dynamic receiver.

We need some running backs as well. Only offensive weapon I would consider in the top of RD1 is Barkley.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the dominate receiver hasn't been winning very much. well rounded receiver corps have more success.
    i'm pretty high on the receivers we have, with or with out speed racer. and enunwa was primed for a big break through before the injury. i still think he can be our 1. stewart could still come through as a slot and hanson we agree is going to be a pro. give me a game breaker out if the backfield and we will be just fine

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It has been pretty tough for 1st round receivers the last couple of years. Outside of OBJ and Evans, most have been flops. I know it can take till 3 year for them to flourish, but some guys have been putting up day 3 numbers after being a top 25 pick. I think snagging a receiver on day 2 is definitely the direction to go. Unless there is just an absolute stud there. Like a can't miss prospect.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I basically agree. While a dominant WR CAN be a difference maker, he's still only going to touch the ball 8-10 times a game. A dominant RB touches it 25-30+ a game, plus any receptions. A dominant WR is a luxury at this point, less important than a number of other positions.

FJF likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Hansen will definitely replace Kearse in the near future, I think you got 3 solid receivers ... Hopefully Stewart joins the party, when he had the ball wasn't able to do much. Coaching didn't do a good job of getting the ball in his hands. This is really why Cousins would be a great addition here over a rookie QB. Can accelerate the learning process of these young receivers. Only Rosen could bring that to the table in terms of rookie QBs IMO. Just need a RB that can stay healthy and take on 250 touches a season. Can focus on the line and running game.

BomberJet and FJF like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

Its crazy how inconsistent Amari Cooper is, huge fan of him at Alabama ... had a fantastic 2nd year w/ the Raiders and just dropped off last year ...

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That was my fault, my fantasy team curse > madden curse

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

when ya gonna draft Tom Brady? Geez man, you holding out

FJF likes this.
  9. I think what we have at WR is a start. But I don't think we're anywhere close to done. The 2 guys you have highlighted worry me the most. Anderson can't be counted on for even 14 games a year w. his off field antics & wirey frame.Enunwa is returning from a major injury & at his best is a very physical player. Is he gonna be as physical when he returns?Will he be able to stay healthy being physical? Will he be a step slower? Alot of things to consider there.

Both Hanson & Stewart showed promise.But it's relatively unclear what their long term roles will be within this offense. I'm not pounding the table for WR in round 1...don't get me wrong. It's alittle ways down my priority list. However, if QB is out of the question, we need to look at other offensive positions from which to begin.OL would make the most sense but not OT currently worth the pick & Guards have showed time & time again they are not worth top 10 picks.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I do think WR is a pretty big need, as unfortunately neither of the Jets top 2 can be counted on for different reasons.

If Cousins is signed I wouldn’t have any problem using a 1st rd pick on a WR. At this point I don’t think any WR is worth the 6th pick though, maybe in a trade down situation.

11. 101GangGreen101

The talent at WR needs to mature. Yes, stay healthy I would give them this year to evaluate the WR position.

I think Robby did a good job winning 1 on 1 match-ups this year in comparison to last year. He had what a TD in 6 straight games? What happened to Robby sucks, but I highly doubt he will get cut. Perhaps he will get suspended in which you perhaps solidify the depth.

Q will get healthy and can play on the outside and in the slot. I think Q will come back fine. He had a neck injury, but not a leg injury he won't lose explosiveness. He is in a contract year essentially, so the Jets need to see if he can come back to form.

Hansen, just get him on the field in those 3 to 4 WR sets, eventually he will our 3rd receiver once we move on from Kearse. The beauty about these receivers is they can play on the outside or in the slot. From there you really evaluate Stewart and perhaps some young talent at receiver. Right now, Jets have 4 young receivers. I think the Jets need to invest in QB obviously, offensive line and RB. I am not looking at WR right this moment. Maybe take a flier later on. Def need a RB first tho, that can take on 250 carries, we don't have that right now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.