Good ‘ol Dick at it again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Feb 10, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That wouldn’t be a bad move on their end. Maybe even give up a pick to switch 33 with philly for 32 and gain the 5th year option.
    Falk Nelson and Barkley? There’s a future there

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Very good pickup on the 5th year option, I did not even consider that.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Falk moves slower than muddy pond water on a cold november day. He would get beat up like Rob Porter's wives behind this O-line

(a simile and a metaphor in one post -thx junior high educators)

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nelson would help with that.

Red Menace and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hes ZERO talent to be in the NFL...he might be the worst QB I have EVER seen. Im coming in on the ass end of this argument and dont care to read all the past comments but you cannot blame Petty's lack of success on Bates. Petty literally cannot hit the side of a fucking barn with a football. He is a complete and utter disaster. You are making yourself look ridiculous if you argue against any of this.

LF911SC likes this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

im not sure you used any metaphor here bro...just sayin you might have to go back to Jr high

7. I don’t have a problem w Mccown as he serves as a 1 year sacrificial lamb that forces the FO to draft a QB in round 1..trading up if necessary.If they do anything otherwise they’re fired;As soon as the day after the draft.

Honestly don’t have a problem w Rudolph either but for the fact there’s no way he makes it to round 2 despite needing a year “under the hood”. There’s alot to like about him physically,production wise & as a leader.

Outside of Cousins or some sort of trade for a proven vet,the only way the jets are getting a legit QB for now or a year down the line is a 1st round pick. I don’t think any of the names make it to round 2 short of a disasterous workout,medical issue or off the field.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I didn't see that in your post. Sure didn't want to assume that. So that is why I asked. People pick on Petty but he has plenty of company in the bad department.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Vague comments from unnamed sources do not qualify as "high praise from respected people."

10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Start with Cousins and move on from there. Nothing vague about it

11. Ralebird

By Darryl Slater

dslater@njadvancemedia.com

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

First things first: A prominent pending free agent quarterback, like Kirk Cousins, isn't going to say anything bad about a team that could potentially give him loads of money.

And sure enough, when Cousins appeared on ESPN on Friday, he praised the Jets' likely new offensive coordinator, Jeremy Bates, who has a background working under Mike Shanahan.

Newyawka likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

13. Ralebird

You did say "people" right? That's plural - what else do you have?

And be sure to read the piece you cited to see where the quotation marks are around Shanahan's words amid all the fluff that Mr. Mehta has created. You will note that the coach refers to things in the past - ten years in the past before Bates went Forrest Gump and wandered in the desert or wherever the hell he went.

Where are all the highly respected current NFL insiders? Where is their "high praise?" Where are all the stories of successful teams beating a path to Bates's door?

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Guy... come on. This is a desperate attempt to cover up you being wrong. Mike freakin Shanahan is singing his praises and you’re over there talking about how I phrased something.

I’ll take this as your white flag

15. Ralebird

Take whatever you want but most of the words of praise came from Mehta.

Where are all the well respected people you claim have high praise for Bates?

And probably more important - why?

boozer32 likes this.
  16. boozer32

I'm not buying it. Petty has talent maybe its the scheme, maybe the coaches. Or a combination of that and more but I bet when he goes to another team he will be better than he showed with the Jets. Sanchez problem was he was banging too much pussy in New York. Clouded his judgement. Tebow was no threat to anyone obviously as he never caught on anywhere after the Jets.

17. boozer32

Sometimes the talent is there and no one sees it but one coach. Joe Montana was highly successful in college yet went in the 3rd round. Was it coaching, scouting or just going into the right fit?

18. LF911SC

There fore he really doesn't like Bates. Ass backwards logic to explain off a positive comment. Guess Bates coming from Shanahans staff also means nothing, no matter how well they got along.

19. LF911SC

You're alone in your thoughts. Anyone who watched that scrub struggle to put together a driver would disagree.

I'll take your bet though. Any number. Petty will never be good. Even if he goes to one of the 31 NFL teams that all have better coaching staffs, aren't stuck with a Bates. You know the way that happened for Sanchez when he went on to star in Philly, Denver and Dallas.

Now it's pussy to blame for Sanchez just not being good enough. Lol. I wish all the excuse makers would at least give him partial blame. You know like he didn't practice enough, was baby, if they can't just admit he wasn't good enough. That he was what he was.

20. LF911SC

Montana dropped because of his size and lack of arm strength. Also some players come to the NFL and continue to improve, work hard and have the mental capacity and drive to learn the pro game. When guys like a Cutler with physical talent just never get that and don't improve to the same degree. That's sports. It's why the draft is so hard.

boozer32 likes this.