Good ‘ol Dick at it again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Feb 10, 2018.

1. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

This is laughable.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario.

grkmanga31, jetfan59, FlaJet and 4 others like this.
  3. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I pretty much do not agree with anything he has to say. However, in this case, there are a few things that he's correct about.

Cousins will demand and will get something around 30 million per season. Do you think that is exorbitant? I sure as hell do. Especially when you consider he's no better than Neil O'Donnell. If Mac does this, it will have disaster written all over it. The Jets will be a punch line all over again for doing something s so stupid. It's also going to get Mac and Blowes fired.

Mac should refuse to pay that for that overrated bum. He should instead take the BPA at 6. That's probably a QB anyway and make an attempt to fix this team once and for all. Signing Cousins only insures the Jets will be a Herm Edwards special for the 4 years or however long it takes for the Jets front office to figure out they're a bunch of dingbats.

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

It's under the heading of "Bold Predictions", a win-win for Dickhead. If he's right he can say, "See! I told you so!" If he's wrong he can just say it was a wild prediction, no big deal.

5. cmcm750203

True I guess.

6. cmcm750203

I’m fine with not paying Cousins, but if you don’t you have to try to get one of these QB’s. I’m not saying trade the draft like Ditka, but at some point this franchise needs to realize it’s not 1995 anymore and ground and pound isn’t winning us a title. We need a QB not a project.

MJK, FlaJet, egelband and 2 others like this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What’s going to get Mac and Bowles fired is a third losing season in a row, whether Cousins is the QB or they draft a rookie. Maybe the rookie gets them another year, but would anyone expect Rudolph to get them to the playoffs in year 2. The rookie QB route almost certainly gets one or both fired.

Signing Cousins, if they become a playoff team as I’d think most people would expect, isn’t going to get them fired just because he cost $30 million. And I’m certainly not advocating they pay that amount for him.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I like Rudolph too but he maybe along the lines of a high floor, low ceiling prospect...

These QB prospects are so hard to figure out that this class , I've heard at least 6-7 names of guys many feel could be the best QB Out of this class. There's so many unknowns that I think us as fans and hell everyone have picked apart their weaknesses so much, that we are finding little reasons not to take a QB at 6. The Jets need to do their due diligence and pick who they feel is the best, presumably at 6.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Fireable offense if it ever played out like this. But Cimini's clueless so there's that.

grkmanga31, Peebag, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Id honestly prefer BPA if Allen is the only one of the main QBs left. And before you say it, no, Allen won’t be the BPA at 6. He won’t be the BPA at 66.

#10 BroadwayAaron, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  11. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Rudolph is not the answer and drafting him in the 2nd round is just another wasted draft pick.

If this ends up happening it shows McCagnan had no business running a draft.

FlaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I'm not sold on Allen either, but he did look great at the senior bowl. If he looks great at the combine some team is going to grab him in the top 10.

BomberJet likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is how I feel about mayfield

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

This shit needs to stop now. Some of you want to draft a QB so badly at #6 that you will stop at nothing to discredit Cousing, Bridgewater, Foles, or any other option. The fact is that while Jimmy Garrapolo or Alex Smith might be better QBs (this is debatable) Kirk Cousins would easily be the best QB we have had since Brett Favre.

Even if one of the "Fab 5" QBs pans out it might be a year or two of misery until they do. That, of course is if we aren't drafting the next in a long line of Mark Sanchez's or Christian Hackenberg's. There is nothing wrong with taking a stab at a guy later in round one or even in rounds 2-4. Carr, Garrapolo, Wilson, Prescott, and other very good QBs have been found with those day two picks.

Yes, Neil O'Donnel was a horrible signing for us but there is nothing to suggest anything about Cousins that is similar to Garrapolo. Did Cousins have a better supporting cast in Washington? Maybe. Even if he did we need to build a team that will give any QB a chance to succeed instead of going all in on a QB and expecting him to succeed without any help.

grkmanga31, FlaJet, BomberJet and 2 others like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Folks, If Rosen, Arnold and Mayfield are gone before we draft, I want to go on record to say that the NYJ will not draft a QB with the 6th pick. I don't believe most people and draft experts see any of the rest as BPA at six. Be ready for a Jets BPA pick that is not a QB.
    Hence I'm now more convinced than ever than free agency for the Jets will net the following

1- A QB other than Cousins. May be Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenun, or someone along those lines that can provide starting competition but not break the bank
    2- Petty will be gone. McCown could very well be gone to.
    3- An OL or two will be signed
    4- A CB will be signed
    5- A big name RB will not be signed

If no suitable trade up is achieved, and I do believe Mac will attempt that, Mac will go BPA with the 6th pick. Guaranteed. That could swing widely depending on the first five. Anywhere from QB (less likely), to RB, OLB, CB, or OL.
    My gut tells me a trade will happen.

What the hell, if Cimini can pull predictions out of his ass so can we.
    Go Jets

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

A lot depends on one's definition of Best Player Available. We all know that a QB is the most valuable player on a football team. Over the past two years a half dozen or more collegiate QB's have demonstrated varying degrees of acclaimed success including 2 Heisman's. Now they are ready to turn pro. How can we then say that a DE or RB, for example, is a better player than one of the these noted QBs? For the New York Jets, a team in desperate need of a QB, a Mayfield, an Allen, a Jackson or even a Rudolph, has to represent BPA at the 6th pick.

17. Sadly I think this is what could happen.I don’t think Dick is out of line.

What a punch to the gut it’d be.Mac/Bowles would be done..and leaving in vain for screwing up yet another opportunity for this team to get out of its own way

MJK, boozer32, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He's Hackenberg all over again, 55% completion percentage with only 2 years as a starter in college, this guy is going to sit for 3 years when Bowles gets a look at him in TC.

Regarding Cimini, he could be right, we have to keep one thing in mind, what if Mac has only 2 QBs rated at the top of his board that he wants at number six?, if both of those guys are gone, he will go BPA.

We as fans may want any of top QBs at 6, doesn't mean Mac has 5 QBs rated that high.

#18 Red Menace, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm ok with McCown as a bridge. I'm not ok with that bridge leading to Mason Rudolph. I'd say draft Rudolph if we did sign Cousins, to compete with Wastenberg for the #2. Even then, give me Falk. No, give me Billy Price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

At this point, I would trade up to 3 and get the best remaining QB. Ideally, I'd try to move up to 1 or 2, but that might be too costly and the G Men surely wouldn't make a big trade with their co tenants. Fill as many other needs in FA to make up for the picks given up.