17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

After giving up my seasons I have never received one email from the jets. And the women didn’t even try to talk me out of it. Do the jets read this site. I am taking this personally. Weird. Not that it would matter

CBG and Brook! like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Lol. I hope they aren't taking things personal with you sec314. :)

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume because I was one of the idiots who paid for a PSL and you were intelligent and didn't, but since that's the case I dropped thousands of more dollars and thus they'd like me back to do the same. That's my guess.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That makes sense but they still don’t won’t tose anyone. Until we get a head coach n qb I would not spend 25 per ticket on this product

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will still spend money to go to 3-4 games next season but I am waiting for the franchise QB before I invest in Season Tickets. I wish I wasn't this attached to the Jets. I always go to first pre-season game at Metlife every season. Something about Green and White makes me miss the Jets after a long off season. I am dreaming to have a great coach and a great QB where we can enjoy competitive football with plenty of play off appearances for 15 years straight.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Jets were good in 2010 and it was still cheaper then to go the stubhub route. There will never be a good value proposition to own Jets season tickets. The only way that changes is with a contending team AND lower bowl prices slashed to 80 bucks

7. MurrellMartin

A friend of mine who has chosen to keep his season tickets ( I don't blame him, he pays $45 a ticket now and enjoys the 300 level so whatever works for him ) told me yesterday that they're allowing him to pay the bill over 10 months - March 1 through December 1 - and next season, 2019, over 12 months, so it's costing him only over a shade over $100 a month. A job well done by the Jets in that regard as they used to only offer 1 or 4 month payment plans.

sec314 likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314----I would say they "probably " still do---because I know for a FACT that they have read / monitored this site and others. How do I know this? My last year as a season ticket holder / the first year in the new place we are tailgating before the game. A friend of mine introduces me to a few friends of his that he brings to our tailgate .After some food and drinks I start getting acquainted with the new people that I was introduced to and guess what two of them did for a living ? ding ding ding-----they were Sales Reps for the NY Jets and we spoke about many things that are in this entire thread. The girl did not really want to talk about anything sales rep related she was uncomfortable ( we can all understand why ) but the guy was a decent guy and he told me MANY things that just reaffirmed what I already knew and he also told me some things at the time that I was not sure about ,one of which is how they monitor these sites. Again he reaffirmed what many of us already thought or knew. So way back when when people have gotten called out on this site for being trolls or worse yet shills for the NY Jets that was not because I or someone else just disagreed with their thought process it was because there was a good chance they might actually work for the Jets. once again-----> Thank God I did not purchase a PSL and since giving up my season tickets I have never looked back and regretted my decision !

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That’s what I meant regarding buying tics. I agree with everything u said 100 percent

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have never been called by a jet rep. Before last season I mentioned that I was thinking of giving up my seasons many times on this site. Before the money was due sometime in March out of the blue the jet rep called me and asked me if I have any questions and what my status was. I was taken aback and instead of trying to see what I can get out of them I got angry and told her I am done and hung up. Why did she call me out of the blue n ask my such a stupid question? It’s like she knew I was considering bagging seasons and was playing stupid. How would they know who sec314 was .... ooops I am sure I mentioned my seat location. Sob cbg I think they do read us

CBG likes this.
  11. snoballz

snoballz Member

I remember the days being invited by STH to games at Shea and Giants Stadium. The waitlist was long and it was an honor to pass tickets down from one generation to another. I wanted that for me and my kid. I finally had a chance with a few years left at Giants Stadium and took it even though I knew a new stadium would be looming. As much as I resented the PSL, I held onto that idyllic notion of being able to enjoy live games with family & friends and then passing those rights so I chose to pay the PSL (over time). Well, this dream has become an expensive nightmare... 4 seats in LSL and I could get tickets without the PSL below face value on StubHub.

I do like my rep. I do enjoy the visceral feeling of actually being at the game... especially tailgating with friends. So I've been torn for awhile now whether to walk away. I am still paying for the PSLs. I probably should have walked away a couple of years ago. The PSL payments were due/paid in November so I still retain the rights for the next season. So now I'm torn whether to opt for the tickets or just walk now although knowing I just made my PSL payment back in November. I think the sweet spot if you are still making PSL payments is to walk away in November just before you have to make the PSL payment. However, that means plunking down cash now for season tickets. Is it throwing good money after bad?

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I had seasons for a LONG time, and opted for PSL-free seats upstairs in 2009. Gave those up after 2014 but I still go to at least 6 out of 8 games. I still really enjoy it. The Jets do still call me - maybe because of how many years I had tix. In fact, I saw "Madison NJ" on my caller ID on a call I didn't take yesterday, so they're probably still trying.

I think the current discounts and payment schedules are pretty darn good. I'd think about doing it. However, in this day and age it is so easy to find tickets for any game of any team, that the exclusivity of being a season ticket holder does not mean what it once did. Ditto for "playoff ticket rights". Don't let that pitch sway you. If we ever host a home playoff game, anyone who really wants to get tix will be able to. However, the Super Bowl ticket raffle is a real thing. I was selected for SB tix by the Jets in 1983 (damn) and again in 1999 (f*ck) but not in 2011 because I wasn't a PSL holder. Obviously it didn't matter anyway.

If the Jets become a prominent team again, these great deals offered by the team will disappear. They're reacting to market forces (as they should). I imagine if that day comes, I'll pay a lot more to go six or seven times a year, but it'll still be worth it because I'll be watching a better product. I'll just be spending some of the money I am saving now.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Its been a few days since I posted that the Jets Ticket office and Reps are " sacks of lying human feces" so there it is again !

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fake news....NOT. F Chris

CBG likes this.
  15. HorribleEverySingleSeason

I have a lot of the same feelings as you, I walked away from it in November. It's really annoying admitting we were stupid and messed up but we did. It's all water under the bridge for me now and considering I'll be watching games from home until this dump gets torn down I'll save money in the long run. There's no reason to keep dumping money into this team when you can tell the PSL to fuck off and go via a stubhub/ticket exchange route and skip the preseason games. Especially if the team bombs out in September and the prices drop even more.

sickandtired likes this.
  16. snoballz

snoballz Member

Very good points.

With the advent of the Internet and e-commerce, buying tickets is so so much easier than it was long ago when you had to know people to get tickets, especially in good sections. As for playoff rights, yeah, I've been holding onto that rationalization far too long that by holding onto the PSL I'm assured playoff tickets if they played at home. But given the state of the team, it will be a few years if that. By then I would probably still come ahead if I didn't sink more money into these PSLs and buy playoff tickets in the secondary market (e.g. StubHub). Also, even if the Jets make it into the playoffs, the odds are slim that they would go in as a high seed to play at home.

I probably should have dropped the PSL in November before making those additional payments.

sickandtired likes this.
  17. snoballz

snoballz Member

Yeah, for real!

Having made those PSL payments in November, I'm torn whether to just get the 2018-2019 season tickets and then walk away in November when I have to make my PSL payments again.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

come ahead on a home playoff game? dude, you would come out ahead on buying SUPER BOWL tickets from the secondary market with all the money you will have saved over the years

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Regarding home playoff ticket rights, remember the year all the dominoes fell into place and we learned at kickoff that a win vs GB meant the division title? Well, that year I eschewed sending in the playoff ticket money for my six seats since it looked VERY unlikely. Boy, did my family and friends get PO'd at me during the GB game. But, I took a day off work the next day and got on line at a ticketmaster and we all wound up in BETTER seats for the 41-0 demolishment of the Colts - and I didn't have to also pay for the mythical AFC Championship game. After that I didn't sweat the playoff ticket bill. And those were the days before the ticket apps, secondary market etc.

20. MurrellMartin

I spoke to two different Jets reps, just for fun, and people who jump onto the STH ship now in those Mezzanine seats WILL HAVE FIRST CHOICE at buying their tickets for any ... now don't laugh here ... possible home playoff games.

So whoever is telling whoever they won't is, well, lying.