Looking like Patricia is the favorite to coach the Giants

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TonyFtLaud, Jan 10, 2018.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I believe the Giants are headed for a full tear down and rebuild. No offensive line at all. Eli is now 37 and has progressively gotten worse the past 3 seasons. A good portion of their defensive playmakers were signed in free agency, and they're will be a large amount of turnover on that side of the ball as well. The Giants lack unity. There's a lot of finger pointing. The Giants don't have a culture if winning. They're 51-54 since winning Super Bowl XLVI over the Patriots on February 5th, 2012. They only made the Playoffs one season since and were bounced out the Wild Card by the Packers 38-13. Odell Beckham is their star player, but he's a head case and would be even more of a headache during a rebuild with a young quarterback. Giants should try and trade Odell Beckham for a 1st round pick and ship Eli to the Jags.

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Jenkins and Harrison are also hitting 30 next year so if they start to regress a bit they'll really be in trouble

They need help at every position literally. It's going to be a tear down and rebuild. And the Eagles and Cowboys are miles ahead of them

#22 forevercursed, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    playtowinthegame likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Being a head coach is difficult in any location. NY has the added media pressure but I think Patricia would take a Belichick approach to the media. The staff will make or break him , same as any coach.
    I like the fact that he has experience on both sides of the ball. In my opinion, that is invaluable. He is very intelligent and loves the game.
    Like any first time coach, there's a learning curve. I don't expect him to win a Superbowl year one, but I think he will be successful.

4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Nick Saban was the defensive coordinator for Bill Belichick with the Cleveland Browns from 1991 - 1994. Saban did work as a defensive backs coach for Glanville earlier, so I guess you could say he comes from both trees.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Looks like Patricia is picking Lions over Giants. MDS thinks it's as simple as he would be more comfortable working with Bob Quinn who he knows from the Pats vs Gettleman who he doesn't know.

Red Menace and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Its looking like McDaniels could go to the Colts

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't see this happening.

The Giants don't have Patriots envy they beat them in two Super Bowls they remind them of that every chance they get. Why would they try to become more like the team they beat in two Super Bowls? It makes no frickin' sense to me.

I think the Vikes assistant Pat Shurmer will get that job I hear the head coach there Zimmer is a ex-Parcells guy. He seems to make more sense to me.

Patricia's defense is nothing special he'll go to Detroit where he'll get fired inside of five years. Josh McDummy will go to Indianapolis where he'll have a. Andrew Luck or b. a very high draft pick QB to make him look much smarter than he actually is.

That's how I see it going down.

8. TonyFtLaud

Well considering Patricia turned the Giants down in favor of Detroit, I think that's how everyone sees it. But he was the Giants first choice. Dont know where you got the Patriots envy thing from.
    Now there are some reports linking Shurmer to the Cardinals with Josh McDaniels likely going to the Colt's.
    That leave the Giants on the outside looking in.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

More competition on the coaching front for the Giants. The Titans fired Mike Mularkey this morning so add Ten to the list of teams looking for a HC

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourself.

The Giants job is a highly coveted job. Ain't no one turning down that job to go to Detroit (where no one wins) or Indianapolis or Arizona.

I don't kow where you got that from but I smell BS there.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

giants should have never forced coughlin to retire. he won them 2 SBs now he unretired and went back to jax and they are in the AFC champ game. they should have promoted coughlin and kept him in the franchise and hired a new coach instead

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

Wake up.
    Patricia was the Giants first choice but he chose Detroit.
    Gettleman has a reputation for being extremely difficult to get along with.
    The Giants roster is full of holes and aging out vets. Teammates turned on each other all season.
    They are a mess.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it still amazes me people think the giants job is so coveted and the jets job wouldn't be

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. TonyFtLaud

Coaching Carousel is getting interesting. La Canfora is reporting that McDaniels is a done deal to the Colt's leaving Shurmur to the Giants .
    Tennessee and Arizona still looking.
    Could Arizona actually make an offer for Bowles?

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Not likely, although a few fans that I know here in Arizona would like to get Bowles back.

16. TonyFtLaud

I raised that question because there was a recent thread here suggesting that Arizona was interested in hiring Bowles prior to Arians retirement.

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Giants got rejected by both Patricia and McDaniels and now will be forced to go with the middling Pat Shurmur. Decent coordinator, not such a good coach.

Giants loving media will try to spin this to their advantage any which way, but their job was not desirable and that's why they are getting some Browns reject