Who don’t you like?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Harpua, Jan 6, 2018.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Definitely don't like Rosen.
    Not well liked by teammates, concussion issues, famous doctor for Dad, likes to challenge the system, and not necessarily in football for the right reasons.
    Anyone else see short career followed by class action medical lawsuit against NFL?

I also don't think Jackson's style and frame will hold up in the NFL.
    Might find short term success, but it will be difficult to maintain short of changing his game up.

#21 BacktoQueens, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Noam, hwismer and BomberJet like this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

In fairness, Winston is still immature with a propensity for turnovers ;)

NCJetsfan and Big Cat like this.
  3. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I'm a LSU fan, and Arden Key worries me. On the field, Key is arguably the best pass rusher in this draft. What worries me about Key is that he took a leave of absence from the team over the summer. He is one of the prospects where the combine could decide between him being a top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder. His team interviews and medical evaluations are going to be crucial to his draft position.

4. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

the amount of love for Bryce Love on this board is quite interesting.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How so?

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't like Darnold. He reminds me of Sanchez. Also not sure his hyper west coast demeanor would go over well here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. JohnnyP123456

I just don't think he's going to be a very good prospect for this NFL. He seems to be undersized and only had 6 catches this season(according to ESPN) so doesn't seem like a dual threat guy (whom are really valued in today's NFL)

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Why? - The kid was a Heisman finalists and is a home run threat every time he touches the ball.

I have been watching this kid since High School, he is from my home town. I am a teacher and have spoken to some of his teacher’s and coaches and they all say that he is one of the hardest working and genuinely good persons that they have ever worked with.

My son talked with him when he came back to visit the HS this fall, when it was apparent he was in the Heisman talk and couldn’t rave enough about how down to earth he was.

This is just the kind of person we need in the Jets locker room and on the field.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

All those positives can be said about Barkley too, and he IS a three down (four down really) threat. Love would be a good "consolation prize", but he's not as good as Barkley.

10. Section 336

I was not comparing Love to Barkley — But I would not draft a RB in the position Barkley would go if I were the Jets or any team with as many needs as they have.

Look what NO got out of Kamara drafting and the Chiefs got out of Hunt drafting much lower than Barkley will go.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Wary of Alabama DB's given Saban's full contact practice policies and the injury histories out there.

12. JohnnyP123456

So far he has shown to be only one dimensional as a running back. He has only 29 receptions in 3 years of college. I tend to think that run only backs will not be in very high demand, due to Kamara's ability as a runner and a huge threat in the pass game.

I just think there are many more backs who would be more balanced and a better value pick than Love

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I don't like any of the top QBs.

In fact, most of the top tier players in this draft don't impress me.

My 3 favorites (top 10 potential) are Barkley, Roquan Smith, & Quenton Nelson. I believe all 3 will be future stars and standouts at their positions.

BacktoQueens and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont like Darnold...I like Allen. That dude is a baller and will go in the 1st round.

15. Section 336

We shall agree to disagree, especially the "many more backs" statement -- He is going to be an absolute stud, he has incredible speed (Less then 4.4), acceleration and vision. He has tools and instincts that cannot be taught.

The 2 over hyped RB's are Guice and Chubb

Who I don't like.

Mayfield -- does not one great attribute, undersized and a product of team.
    Rosen -- seems to be disliked by teammates, could be injury waiting to happen.
    Darnold - another over hyped, over sold USC quarterback

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I want no part of Allen. Any QB who barely completes 50% of his passes in college is not going to complete 60% plus in the NFL where the defenses are faster and the windows smaller. Plus, the physical measurables guys who don't produce in college just don't pan out. Draft a productive football player, not some guy with the physical size and big arm who looks good in shorts, but doesn't produce on the field. Allen has bust written all over him.

Peebag and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  17. JohnnyP123456

Just heard that Love decided to stay in school. Found that interesting.
    I completely agree that Chubb is overhyped, and I also don't particularly like Darnold as well.

18. NCJetsfan

I think this is a fair point.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I disagree with your comments re: Mayfield. He has great leadership and improvisational skills. He has great accuracy. He is not a product of team. That team flourished because of him.

Noam and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. Section 336

That is a shocker, but good for him.
    I was also surprised that Ryan Finley NC State QB stayed in, I think both of them to have great seasons next year.

I don't - just because they chose not to throw to him this season for some reason doesn't mean he cannot catch out of backfield, he had more receptions his freshman when backing up McCaffrey - even had more receiving yards than rushing. He has all the tools to be that type of threat (was second in receptions on HS team).

JohnnyP123456 likes this.