If the Jaguars beat Pittsburgh again this week will you wake up to the truth about the NY media?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Jan 11, 2018.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THIS

2. The first thing Idzik did was appoint Bradway in charge of the drafts so I don’t sympathize w that notion.

To me that was his most fatal miscalculation.Yes fans & Media were pissed when we didn’t sign anybody in 2014 FA but there was a master plan in place which seemed well planned & methodical.we would’ve been in very good shape w a healthy balance sheet heading into 15.There was talk of him being strongly disliked within the organization for his day to day demeanor but all of that would’ve went by the wayside if the team started to win

It all comes back to those absolutely dreadful drafts. Very little light has ever been shed on what went on leading up to those drafts or in the war rooms...it seems pretty clear it all goes back to anointing Bradway who would’ve been just fine in a upper non decision making scouting position like he was before Idzik arrival

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

well, we know woody had no thoughts of ever firing bradway, its not a stretch to think idzic was directed to put bradway where he did, is it? and i'm not even letting idzic off the hook i'm just saying with bradway still around idzic wasn't exactly holidng aces.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

The players were pissed at the way he left. That he essentially quit on them after preaching team and togetherness. That is why there was public dislike from the players. I don’t think he was any more hated than other tough coaches.

Time will tell if passing on Marrone was a big mistake. Mehta didn’t help, but I think Woody was leery of essentially switching coaches with Buffalo and the optics of that. He felt hiring those “great” football minds to spearhead the search for the next great HC and GM was the better way to go.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Guess it’s plausible that it could’ve been Woody’s call. I think it was more about a time crunch though.

By the time Idzik took the job the predraft process was already underway..don’t remember the exact timeframe but it was somewhere within senior bowl week. That may seem early from where we sit but significant work & prospect related dialogue has already transpired by the time team’s head down to Mobile. Idzik was behind the 8 ball w who Jet scouts liked & how the board was stacking up.Rather than bridge the gap Idzik chose to delegate to the former GM.

What’s frustrating is we all wanted Idzik to address the scouting Dept/player personnel.While he brought in acouple low level scouts & some administrator types he left Bradway in charge.The result?The drafts got significantly worse than they were under Tannenbaum

FJF likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

12 picks and hardly anything to show for it,,,,and you want to know why our team blows ? Look at how this guy drafted and take a look at how OUR other GM s drafted----> you cannot waste picks in the top 4 rounds-----> we do it all the time

7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I don't give a flying rip about anything the media thinks. Neither should any Jets fan. BTW, the media has ZERO control over the Jets or their fans. If Mac build s a SB team? Then we can finally have the last word. Until then, the media always gets it..........

8. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Wow. I did not know that about Marrone and Cannizzaro. Good stuff. Thanks HOTJ.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yep. I will never understand the part of this fan base that feels like he got a raw deal / wishes he were still here. We'd be an even bigger disaster than we already are.

10. Mainejet

It still amazes me how he was able to blow what? 13 picks? If he had really hit a home run in that draft, that could have set the Jets up for a long time to come. He also managed to completely blow 13 picks in what is widely considered as one of the better overall talent drafts in NFL history. How he didn't ACCIDENTALLY fall on a really good player equally amazes me...........

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

even the little FA signings Izdick did make were epic disasters. That was my whole thing. He couldn't draft and he couldn't sign talented players why should he get another year to spend that money?

He was supposed to be building a young roster from within and yet signed a bunch of old washed up bums. He signed that one cornerback that immediately went AWOL on him. He signed Kellen Winslow who was just here to rip an NFL team off one more year and got caught jerkin it at Target, Chris Johnson? Washed up Ed Reed? What the hell was Izdick thinking?

the special teams also went down the drain hard under his watch. and this team has yet to recover.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Didn't he trip over Enunwa? LOL!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. Of all the FO mishaps of the last several years that draft class is the single biggest reason of why we’re still garbage present day.It’s beyond maddening.To have been a fly on the wall in the war room as well as the predraft meetings leading up to that draft..the objective facts that we do know just defy logic.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

you dont understand how upset I was with that draft. Jets could've re-invented themselves with this draft completely. Could've gotten ANYTHING they wanted. Franchise QB, franchise WR, some lineman. Jet fans literally giving this guy credit for Jacksonville

Red Menace likes this.
  15. I’m with ya man.Just can’t understand how they missed qute so badly..it’s gotta he one of the worst draft classes in NFL history when considering the number of picks & the strength of the talent pool.

Who was really calling the shots?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Mehta is a non value added asshole. If he hates someone, that person's value should skyrocket. No one should waste time either reading or quoting the hack's writings.

FJF likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Conversely, I wonder what Mac would have done with the 12 picks Idzyk squandered. We could be in heaven now.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Who needs Derek Carr, Garrapolo, Allen Robinsen or Devanta Freeman?

Taking Martavis Bryant over Shaq Evans might have been preferable as well :)

101GangGreen101 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Mainejet

To this day I am still mortified at how bad that draft was. Objectively, given the circumstances surrounding that draft, that could be the worst draft in NFL history. I think it is. Certainly the very worst in Jets history. I feel embarrassed even mentioning it.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Jags have the trifecta, Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone. That group of guys should be good for them for a while.