If the Jaguars beat Pittsburgh again this week will you wake up to the truth about the NY media?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Jan 11, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Led by the guy that many in the NY media absolutely destroyed when word got out that he was Woody's choice to replace Rex in 2015.

And oh yeah John Idzik the GM they destroyed non-stop at the end of his time here is also in Jacksonville.

Will you wake up the fact that many in the NY media DO NOT want to see the Jets rise up to challenge their beloved Giants?

When you hear this is a Giants town know this

That's a Giants fan saying that. Who gives a **** what they think?

The same people who called Brett Favre a HOF QB coming off a season worthy of MVP consideration a PR stunt then one year later he goes to Minesota has one of the best seasons of his career.

The same people who said that we just had to re-sign Santonio Ahole.

The same people who said no hometown discount but ya gotta re-sign him team cancer Sheldon Richardson.

See a pattern?

What's good for the Jets = no stamp of approval

What's bad for the jets or guaranteed to keep them in mediocrity = a stamp of approval.

Will be the same people who torch the Jets front office for trading for damaged goods if the Jets do end up trading for Andrew Luck.

Don't listen to 'em!!!

Wake up!!!!

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

John Idzik is NOT THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

He was NOT a good General Manager. He will never be a good General Manager.

As for Marrone, that was a witch-hunt spearheaded by Manish Mehta. I don't remember any other of the beat writers producing articles day after day about how horrible Marrone would be. Manish has been correct on a number of things, but Marrone he looks to have just had a vendetta against, for reasons I'm not quite sure why.

But please, please stop with the Idzik nonsense. He has very little to do with what's going on in Jacksonville.

NCJetsfan, FlaJet, Jets69 and 7 others like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not here to defend Idzik's tenure in NY because you really can't, but it would seem like you're wrong per the Jags team website:

"John Idzik is entering his second season with the Jaguars and 24th in the NFL after joining the organization in March of 2015. In his role, he works closely with general manager David Caldwell and his staff in pro and college player evaluations, pro advances, salary cap management, contract negotiations and football administration."

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jax's. 'man Friday'. . "Hey John, cream, no sugar....."

stinkyB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They've drafted OK, they've made some key FA acquisitions and the coaching has been absolutely great. I mean on the list of why the Jags are doing great, where are you putting Idzik? Sounds like a good right hand man, but not a guy you want building a football team. I put Coughlin and Marrone pretty high on that list.

Mehta's smear campaign ruined our chance of hiring Marrone (apparently the job was Marrone's then Woody got scared, Marrone QUIT the Bills to join the Jets), and he's proving to be a good coach. Coughlin has been hands on, has attended every practice, you know he's in Marrone's ear.

Coughlin got the Jags on "Coughlin Time"

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Idzick 12 presented without further comment:
    1. Calvin Pryor SS
    2. Jace Amaro TE
    3. Dexter McDougle CB
    4. Jalen Saunders WR/KR
    5. Shaq Evans WR
    6. Dakota Dozier OG
    7. Jeremiah George LB
    8. Brandon Dixon CB
    9. Quincy Enuwa WR
    10. IK Enemkpali LB
    11. Tajh Boyd QB
    12. Trevor Reilly LB

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'd bet you're right about Semeni and Costello at least. The millennials like Hughes prolly also. It was a beautiful thing to tune them out five years ago for me. Beautiful. Sports talk shows are horrible to me. I don't even know who most of them are anymore. There's very little people need from them to understand anything. Just pay attention to the sources. It's easy.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I can give Idzick the benefit of the doubt only because it has been proven that wherever Rex Ryan has been a head coach regardless of the GM, crappy drafts and personnel decisions have followed.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Metha had some sort of personal axe to grind with Doug Marrone. Marrone is too conservative of a coach for them to win in Pittsburgh Sunday but he's not a bad coach - the way Mehta wrote about him when he was just a candidate here was disgusting and it had to be something personal.

Izdick is the just the payroll guy in Jacksonville. human resources maybe. He has nothing to do with any success they have on the football field and was clueless here

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only team Idzik has been with in his NFL career that did not begin ascending shortly after he arrived is the Jets.

But, yeah it was an Idzik-problem in 2013 and 2014.

FJF likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It did seem a bit personal, and Mehta is just a bridge troll not to be taken seriously.

But I still can't get past the combination of Marrone throwing Buffalo under the bus, and the players literally rejoicing his departure.
    He was a pretty hated guy up there, and seems like a douchebag to me.

Also whatever success he had at Buff, and now at Jax, had everything to do with the defense, which Marrone has nothing to do with.
    I don't believe he is a good HC, and that the players will eventually start speaking out against him. Just a matter of time...

Totally agree about Idzik tho. He has very little to do with Jax roster building, and was a downright horrible GM here.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Marrone is friends with Mark Cannizzaro, who's a Jets beat writer for the NY Post. Considering Marrone was often unfriendly with the media, Mehta knew if Marrone became the Jets coach, Cannizzaro would get all the stories and Mehta would be left out. So Mehta made up stories about Marrone in the hopes of scaring off Woody, and it worked. Any owner with balls would never let Mehta near a Jets facility after what happened but unfortunately ours only has a woody johnson.

#12 HomeoftheJets, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It definitely was personal with Mehta and Marrone. That's my problem with Mehta. Whenever he writes something about the Jets it seems to be personal. As for Marrone in Buffalo they played hard for him. Same in Jacksonville. Tell me a player that likes a coach. Do people like playing for Belicheck? No but he wins and a ring goes a long way. Some of the best coaches are the ones that are not liked. Parcells was not loved. Just ask Brian Cox and empty gas tanks.

As for Idzik. He does cap for them. He has nothing to do with drafting. He was an awful talent evalulator. Having Rex didn't help.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It isn't personal. All that determines whether Mehta likes you is whether you give him good stories. Fitz is very friendly to the media, so Mehta liked him. Sheldon can't keep his mouth shut, so Mehta liked him. Mo doesn't give Mehta stories, so Mehta doesn't like him. Mehta was paranoid Marrone would only give stories to Cannizzaro, so Mehta went on the warpath. Now Mehta is forced to defend Mac and Bowles because he's the reason we have them instead of Marrone.

KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

was he the GM of those teams? did he have the same responsibility?

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I can't remember another example of players literally rejoicing a coach leaving, tweeting their dislike for him, etc...
    That speaks volumes.

Agreed on Mehta and Idzik.., and a GM should not be dependent on a coach to identify talent. that was Idzik's job.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My only defense if idzic is the fact that bradway was still in the scouting dept for his tenure, not suing he would have done better if bradway was gone but not surprised by the results with him being there

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

We signed Sheldon to a rookie deal after taking him in the first round? The horror! Noooooooo!

[​IMG]

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Part of me still wonders what Idzik would have done in 2015 with all the cap room. The Jets were in cap hell those 2 years with Idzik, and by the time he freed enough up, he was gone, and Mac swooped in to save the day having plenty of money to spend. His drafting was indeed god awful, but I thought that was going to be his "prove it" year.

4jetfans likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Now we're defending Idzik?!?! He's a bean counter for the Jags

I dont think I've EVER seen anyone blow a draft as bad as he did in a life of wasting too much time watching the JETS..... Make all the excuses you want, but he was the GM.... and they SHIT THE BED