We Should Be Worried

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Jan 10, 2018.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

It's

#41 BudJet, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I hope mac has learned his lesson and not Draft a qb based on physical attributes like he did with hack. If he hasn't learned, we will end up with allen, 6'5 and rocket arm. If he has learned his lesson he will Draft a player like mayfield, 6' lot of experience, accurate, etc. Draft a qb by his track record not his physical attributes. If he did this with hack, he never would have drafted him, he had a terrible college career. Taking petty in the fourth round wasn't a bad pick, he just never developed up to his potential. He did have a good college career. You can never be sure what you're gonna get. Mayfield has some character issues, but I can see him being the sparkplug this franchise needs. Hopefully he can outgrow the off field issues. Not every qb is perfect. It's a total crap shoot. The key is don't Draft crap and expect it to turn into gold. Ala hackenburg. Draft a qb that resembles gold and turn him into solid gold. Ala mayfield.

Also mac had a shot of having a lot of cap space in 2015 and he didn't look long term. I think he will have learned how to spend cap $ wisely. I give him credit for learning that the team needs to be younger and not bogged down with older players with high cap $. I think he did a good job of cleaning house in one year and still remained competitive & leaving us in a good way with picks & cap $. I feel mac has a better plan now than the win now plan he had when he took the job in 2015. Now it is going to be interesting to see if he learned his lesson and see if he plays his cards rite.

#42 BudJet, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

No more on the job training for mac. This is the year he must produce with 3 high Draft picks &100mil in cap space. This year is do or die. No more mulligans or waiting for 2019. We need to show a lot of improvement, not just baby step progress. As competitive as we were in most games I feel thinking playoffs is a realistic goal if mac plays his cards rite, even if Johnson says he doesn't need to see us reach the playoffs as next year's goal.

Vida and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Vida

Vida Active Member

They should've known that was going to happen. If they thought Hack was gonna be the solution at QB then it is damning. He was never going to be anything other than a short-term number 2. He'll be lucky to make a career as a back-up.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Either he took the summer off and settled for McCown because he certainly didn't draft one this year. You had two QB that have looked pretty good far and we could have had our choice of either. Then with Hackenberg not even seeing the field only put more pressure on him. I'm sure McCown will be back in some capacity also.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is nothing but after the fact garbage by the most part. Shied away from Goff and Wentz, really? Like we had an opportunity or the wherewithall to do so....such shit.
    This article is trash

joe, egelband, soh_vet and 1 other person like this.
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No..It's the worry on top of ...
    the amped up off season worry on top of ...
    the usual worry....
    So,
    Just spark one and watch it all burrrrrnnnnnnn..

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch and FJF like this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Ah MacCagnan's former employer. The mediocre as eff never won a d@mn thing Houston Texans.

Cleveland has their #1 & #2 picks in the 2018 draft both in the top 5 I believe thanks to that 'brilliant' trade.

I pray MacCagnan shows more brains & imagination than that here.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, I'm sooo worried because I've become aware of Connor Hughes' click bait. As a matter fact I'm gonna worry about Dick Steinberg, Rich Kotitte, and Leon Hess today for fun. It's getting to the point that I'm ascared even. And I really hope Mac is enjoying his time off, smh. :rolleyes:

FJF likes this.
  10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You can replace "Goff and Wentz" with "Mahomes and Watson".

11. boozer32

Doesn't change the fact that they have ZERO QB's let alone a FQB. But hey you can keep loving McCown for another 2 or 3 years. That's so much better. Let me guess new to being a Jets fan? It shows each and every post you write.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That I would agree on. Which makes me wonder, who is our guru on scouting and evaluating college QBs? Apparently they had them rated way lower than our first pick.

13. boozer32

Its not Goff and Wentz. It could have been Prescott, Watson and Mahomes. I mean a QB that took down Alabama in the National Championship should have been highly valued.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Walt White

Lol. You'd be wrong. That is comical from you. Like a lot of the other stuff you make up. And every time you do that it shows that you really don't understand football the way you think do. Just second guessing, arm chair QB mvp stuff. Let's wait for the next article so you can back the Connor Hughes' research with that vast knowledge base you have.
    Let's freak out now too and forget about drafting a guy and sign a guy now. Obviously that's what's gonna happen now because Connor fucking Hughes did an expose'.
    Btw, where did I say anything about McCown there? There you go making shit up. We don't have a QB like 3/4 of the NFL. So let's go back to Bill Walsh or Dick Haley to show that we know what a good GM is and how smart we are. And that we know what Dick Steinberg did wrong.

FJF likes this.
  15. boozer32

Yeah I was right new Jets fan. I'll take Connor Hughes over you 24/7. What does Bill Walsh and Dick Haley have to do with Maccagnan inept drafting? 3 spots Maccagnan has been and he has yet to be remotely involved with getting a QB on a roster that a team can depend on and wasn't under 35 years of age. McCown will come back because Hack is worthless and Petty will be cut. Dick Steinberg at least tried to get a QB. The Packers were just quicker on the trigger and made the trade with the Falcons. Steinberg was a good GM just sad his life was cut short.

16. Walt White

Wrong. Holy shite!

17. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, that's your OPINION. I also have mine. My opinion is, he's another Neil O'Donnell. The guy that can always get you within threatening distance of the playoffs, but is NEVER good enough to win the SB.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My opinion is it makes 0 sense to rule out a guy that plays as well as cousin so you can hope to draft a guy that might be able to some day match that level of play.
    And the o’donnell comparison is not apples to apples. O’donnell was no where near the level of qb cousins is in comparison to the rest of the league. Mccown would be a closer comparison than cousins

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's easy to say he missed on getting Goff in hindsight, but I remember at the time most fans were against trading up for him, he wasn't considered a "can't miss" prospect (ie Luck). I'm more annoyed at missing on Watson, although people considered him a reach at #6. The point is you just never know who is going to work out and who isn't. All I know is it's time to pull the trigger and draft one early. Hit or miss, you have to try.

#59 Sam Hammer, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  20. Well..maybe completely “ruling out” Cousins is unreasonable but there’s something to be said for drafting your own QB that the team can grow with.Additionally the hope is that a draft pick would far exceed that of Cousins..but I guess that depends on what you think of Cousins.I agree wholeheartedly w Mainejet that he’s another O’Donnell or even Esiason

Also i see a lot more parallels w O’Donnell & Cousins than Mccown.Odonnell was a good not great QB who played in a super Bowl.Hed play reasonably well in most games but never raised the play of those around him & would crumble in the face of adversity.Thats exactly what those of us skeptical of Cousins see him as