It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 31, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that first throw to edwards was insane

Martin&theJETS and boozer32 like this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you draft a safety to play linebacker and cornerback when he neither. Shouldn't he master his craft before they move him around. Its a huge waste just like playing Richardson at linebacker for 2 years. That also tell me 1 safety would have been sufficent instead of two. The way Marshawn Lynch ran over the Jets it all comes clear now.

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Seeing us at 8-2 at the end of that clip made me want to vomit blood.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As I recall all Mahomes got was a big question mark last year from most of TGG

Contrails myself and a couple of others were very high on him...it's the same story this year ....no QB we can draft is good enough So let's get Cousins...ridiculous

More opportunity out there this year: Hopefully we develop our own QB and finally get it right

5. boozer32

Its lack of talent in the Jets scouting department and being lazy in not taking the time and coaching needed to develop a QB. They would rather do a band aid in Fitzpatrick and McCown.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If this statement doesn't encapsulate Jets fans, I don't know what does. Everything is viewed through the lens of prior failures. Mahomes is Sanchez, Allen is Hack...etc...etc.

#566 legler82, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Man, those were some fun times though. Edwards, Santonio, and Cotch. Shonn Greene looking like a real NFL RB, T-Rich clearing the way. Beast O-Line. Top notch Defense with Revis being the best CB in the league . If the Jets had a QB better than Sanchez, they easily win the SB I think.

8. legler82

Or that "top notch defense" who was #1 against the pass in 2009 could have not let Peyton Manning put up close to 400 YDS on them.
    2009 AFCCG
    Rookie M. Sanchez 56.7 CM% 257 YDS 2 TDs 1 INT
    P. Manning 66.7 CMP% 377 YDS 3 TDs 0 INT

Or that "top notch defense" who was #3 against the run in 2010 could have not let Mendenhall run the ball down their throats.

2010 AFCCG

M. Sanchez 60.6 CMP% 233 YDS 2 TDs 0 INT
    B. Roethlisberger 52.6 CMP% 133 YDS 0 TDs 2 INTs

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I mean I was just making a statement. Just because Mahomes made a good throw does not mean he is going to be an average to above average starter in the league.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

My theory is that people without the time or patience to watch these players themselves, who also feel compelled to appear smarter than everyone else, will latch on to the opinions of analysts who put out early predictions on where players will end in the draft, and then cling to those predictions in order to not appear wishy washy.

Last year, a lot of the very early predictions had Mahomes largely going no higher than a 3rd round pick, and this largely was on the conventional wisdom that players coming out of a system like the one he played in could not succeed in the NFL. The predictions largely ignored the merit of Patrick Mahomes the player, and the closer we got to the draft, and the more some people began to actually pay attention, the more those notions got dismissed. Still, someone who wants to hang on to an opinion they've convinced themself of will likely never be swayed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. GasedAndConfused

that's not how it works. players who can do what adams does is worth their weight in gold. palamalu did it, collins does it, that's about it. even ed reed didn't do it, neither does berry, or thomas. he is one of maybe 3 players in the NFL who can do it. being a movable piece is his craft

BomberJet likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

pretty much. but to be fair to sanchez in the AFC champ game against pitt he was unstoppable in the 2nd half. his 1st half play though dug us in too deep of a hole. and the defense didn't really show up that game either.

remember this play?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. boozer32

Yes I agree but the Jets defense isn't good and I have to wonder is it because Adams is playing out of position. I don't remember him playing cornerback at all. The selling of drafting Adams was that he could play both free safety and be an in the box safety. Yes if you can find someone like that its a bonus. But trying to force someone to play like that when they aren't capable does a disservice to him and the team. I think Bowles is trying to play him like Deone Bucannon of the Cardinals.

14. boozer32

I remember a throw Sanchez made to Edwards in the playoffs against the Colts. A laser deep and to the sidelines. I also remember the one to Santonio Holmes for a TD against New England. Holmes got one foot in and a knee.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  15. boozer32

I agree some on other boards blasted Mahomes and the spread offense he played in. They will say the same about Mason Rudolph. Rudolph a QB no one os talking about. He is bigger than Darnold, Rosen and Allen. Put up great numbers at Ok St. Great arm, athletic but no one mentons him.

16. boozer32

I agree some on other boards blasted Mahomes and the spread offense he played in. They will say the same about Mason Rudolph. Rudolph a QB no one os talking about. He is bigger than Darnold, Rosen and Allen. Put up great numbers at Ok St. Great arm, athletic but no one mentons him.

17. legler82

I don't know how true this is but I get this feeling that the same posters who blasted Mahomes are campaigning for Mayfield this year. Rudolph is a bigger better version of Petty IMO and I think he would be a solid Day 2 pick maybe even late Day if there is a run on QBs. No one talks about him because the 6th pick is too high for him.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Did anyone else see today's article "What teams should the Jets worry about in the draft" and immediately think "Their scouting team"

BomberJet, cgrec and FJF like this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't know if I'm on the record here or not, but I was most impressed with Mahomes' combine throwing performance over any other prospect that year.

NYJetsO12, boozer32 and BomberJet like this.
  20. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise if Allen and Rudolph show up at the combines and impress - what with all the question marks they raise.