Difference in Franchises

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 6, 2018.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Neither one of these moves will work.

jilozzo likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it aint gonna happen. Wilkerson is a lazy ass who aint gonna turn his career around and nobody would ever trade for him under his current deal.

Wilkerson is untradeable. He will be cut. he will sign somewhere else for cheap and make a half-assed effort at reviving his career but he'll wash out of the league in a couple years

FJF and playtowinthegame like this.
  3. Jetsfan125

Jetsfan125 Active Member

Is this for real? We shouldn't be compared to the raiders. We should try to follow the Jaguars.
    Dead last to one of the best defenses that will be around for a long time. And on offense they have superstars Robinson, hurns, fournette and even their weakest offensive player bortles. They're all young and ready to last. And now they got Coughlin back... That's a dangerous team for a long time. That's the template we should be following.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The longer a fired coach is on the sidelines the better he gets.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  5. hornblower

Then how come the NY media is shopping Eli for a move there. As silly as BB coming to the Giants. I guess they need a story with the local teams watching.

6. Jetsfan125

Jetsfan125 Active Member

Nah we won't get Eli, we will get cousins or Smith. We have a chunky cap space.

7. hornblower

No I meant they are pushing Eli for Jville.

8. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

If you watched yesterday you saw exactly why. Coughlin won 2 rings with Eli. Bortles is the only true weak spot on that team yesterday. If they had even half competent QB play they would be seriously scary.

FJF and playtowinthegame like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the best talent? you mean the team that just won 3 games all year and fired their HC and GM in the middle of the season and are clinging to a decent QB who hasn't been good in 3 years because he is a manning and won a couple of SBs in the past?

BacktoQueens and Sam Hammer like this.
  10. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Hopefully or they are extremely stupid.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

regarding coaches i recall seeing 2 exjets on the sidelines coaching their respective college teams......
    jim leonhard and scott frost.
    i would keep an eye on these guys possible moving up the ranks.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

eh... they played Buffalo yesterday. I don't find it all that impressive. Hell our Jets beat Jacksonville this year and we all know our Jets suck. Their defense isn't as good as the media is giving it credit for. Their secondary and linebackers (in coverage) are good but they can't stop the run. Pittsburgh will beat them by 10 points at least this week because Bell will run wild

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thinking about and this goes against what i really believe the jets should do.......

but for shits and giggles if the jets sign alex smith and draft barkley at 6......that is līkely good enough for at least 7-8 wins with an outside shot at 9 wins and a WC......

would make us quickly relevant, fill more seats, and bring us right back into purgatory.

ahhh, thats the typical jet plan. lol.

boozer32 likes this.
  14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bowles doesnt have a complete team or a franchise QB.Bowles isn't as bad as most people think.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nope they should have fired him and went after a proven coach (not Gruden). No way the Jets could sell a 10 year contract to Bowles to the fans or anyone else with a brain. Heck the 2 year deal didn't give anyone the warn and funzzies.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. boozer32

That's Bowles fault.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Since the 60s I always liked the Raider franchise just below the Jets ..

John Gruden like a half dozen other Coaches would turn and run from any Jet offer..guy is way too smart for that

Gruden has a SB and proven track record as a Coach . Personally I think he's a football scholar although he does seem to garner a lot of hate among Jet fans...he's been an analyst for years and gets hired by NFL network to interview and help new QBs...

Prediction: Turns the Las Vegas Raiders into winners with or without Carr

boozer32 likes this.
  18. boozer32

I will also agree if I had to hold my nose and pick a 2nd team to root for it would be the Raider. Love the uni's, Snake, Tatum, Branch, Biletnakoff, Bo. A rich history and I like the old AFL teams. Al Davis did it all scout, coach, commish, owner. Our owner counts band aids. But I do hate their fans and had to deal with them in Los Angeles in the 90's.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. boozer32

He had a good team when he took over and couldn't deliver. Then slowly removed most of them and what do we have now? He does not have a franchise QB because he keeps drafting players that can't throw a football. Had plenty of oppotrtunity to take a QB and they have whiff. Its like the coach doesn't talk to the GM at all.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think U are just praying & hoping while the good ones zip right by us. By making excuses as U did it is confirming by your post U have confirmed Bowels is a bottle of the barrel HC sorry to say. But since Ewbank that has been every NYJ fan cross to bear since the winning of SB3:mad: