Predict the #1 overall pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Jan 9, 2018.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Im going with Josh Allen. I think the kid is absolutely going to ace the pre draft process.

If all these guys have flaws then might as well pick the guy with the most tools to work with.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft
    Post by: legler82, Jan 1, 2018 in forum: Draft

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The #1 pick will be Barkley. The Browns will take him first, then take whichever QB is left at #4.

jago and Red Menace like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This might be a great approach if Sashi was still GM, now that Dorsey is there he might have narrowed their top QBs down to 2 and won't take a chance they miss out on him.

They might end up selecting Allen, and another one of the young QBs with the 4th or go DE, Chubb or Oline.

Or trading down with 4th pick and pick up more draft picks.

They have incredible flexibility. I believe they select Allen.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hope it's either the two QBs I have lost faith in :Allen or Sam D

Preferably the Browns love Allen for some reason and he is then off the temptation table for Big Mac

Sam D I could certainly live with if we trade up

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I unfortunately think it will be Darnold.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sam darnold.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Darnold

If they don’t they are fools... If they take Allen I will be pissed though.. They will ruin him and has crazy potential.. Darnold too probably.. if they are smart they should take Barkley #1, trade for A Smith and draft Fitzpatrick 4th.. but they are the Browns and they will fuck it up.

It’s crazy that our draft has HUGE implications based on what the Cleveland Browns do... Kinda scary

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Count me in as Darnold as well. I would take Rosen over him but with his supposed desire to not go the Cleveland they only take him if they have someone to play the Manning / Rivers game with.

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Wake me up after the FA acquisitions have been made. I will then tell exactly who they'll pick.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It has to be one of the two QBs. If the Browns want Barkley they can take him number 4 and trade the top pick for a fortune.

Sam Darnold. Rosen's character concerns seem to be a potential serious problem so Darnold is the guy. Allen will likely get a 2nd or 3rd round grade with the potential to get overdrafted. This is either a 2 QB draft or one QB draft if teams take Rosen off their board.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

really? i heard this is the greatest qb class there ever was and teams were stupid to even try to win a game and hurt there chances at drafting 1st.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's all we heard before the last draft. There was no point in drafting a QB in 2017 because 2018 was going to be loaded with them. Teams that didn't even need a FQB would take one because they'd be so plentiful.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

There is a lot of depth in this class but it is debateable on the number of blue chip prospects.

Certainly Rosen and Darnold are blue chip prospects. But Rosen has character concerns possibly serious concerns. Darnold did not make the jump this year that people were hoping and needs slight improvment in some mechanics. But he is certainly a coveted prospect. Mayfield might not even measure 6 feet when they do measurements at the combine. Allen has serious question marks as does Jackson. Arguably there are only two 1st round grade QBs in this class one with possible serious character concerns. Some argue that Rosen and Darnold are the two best QB prospects since Luck which is why you hear the hype.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

16. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

With the Browns acquiring either Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins in free agency, Saquan Barkley is the number 1 pick

17. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

John Dorsey selected Mahomes to replace Smith last offseason and I'd anticipate he wouldn't go out of his way to trade for Smith since he isn't a free agent. I can totally see the Browns giving Cousins a boatload though

18. grkmanga31

The Browns passed on Wentz and passed on all of the QB's last season just to pick Kizer. I have a hard time believing them making the same mistake and passing up on a QB. I think they'll go with Darnold at 1. There's a lot of buzz around Allen but he's not worth the #1 pick and John Dorsey is a good enough talent evaluator and GM to recognize QB talent.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He also traded up for Mahomes who many didn't think deserved to go in the top 10.

20. grkmanga31

Mahomes is a better prospect than Allen. A lot of scouts don't think Allen is even a first round pick. I happen to agree with them. But he'll likely go 1st round based on his prototypical QB size.