It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 31, 2017.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

what burns me is that the giants are gonna go from preseason super bowl picks to total organizational rebuild AND a shiny new franchise QB in the span of 8-9 months.

its taken the jets almost 20 years (using 1999 as a reference point) LOL

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

We do now.

BomberJet likes this.
  3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Don't try to convince some of these 'end of the world, the sky is falling' fans here. I've never come across so many chicken littles as I have here in this forum. Better chance to lead a horse to water and force him to drink. You're right about Adams.

101GangGreen101, FJF and Walt White like this.
  4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

What a waste of gray matter to constantly moan gran and dwell on the past. Like little old woman sitting around a table knitting socks and gossiping about nothing, omg.

Here's my prediction on what the Jets will do:

Sign a FA QB of whom will be of a young age that can be productive for at least 5 years.
    Draft a pass rusher (Chubb) with the 6th pick

Guess what? 2 MAJOR holes solved.

In my view Jets were sorely, sorely lacking a pass rusher - getting a sack by them was like waiting for Bill Bellichek to say " I miss the Jets, I want to rescind my signed napkin resignation". Once a pass rusher is put in place it makes all the other DL/DE so much more productive , I can't wait to see the results.

One thing that I have yet to read here in this negative nellie of a forum is the explanation as to why both Fitz and McCown had career years with the Jets???? Most will dare not try to because most here have already stated Bowles sucks and Morton sucks. So who else to give credit for?

Must be the NY drinking water. Fitz bombed the following year with the same staff. Will McCown follow suit? Anyone's guess.

NYJFOREVER and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This board has gotten softer than my respective generation (I am 31 btw). Times have changed around here ... Adams is going to be a great leader for our team for years to come. His motor is contagious, cept if your name is Mo.

BomberJet likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

We've been playing like a modern NFL offense as of late and we have the weapons. Think about the run of receivers we've had over the last 5 to 6 years, remember Clyde fucking Gates? People can hate on Gailey all they want, but man Gailey did a great job Bowles rookie year. Took full advantage of the players on the field and got them the ball. Morton on his way up too, gotta work on that play-calling. Getting a Cousins could accelerate that process.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Cousins + Chubb or Barkley at 6 overall is the perfect scenario. We get our FQB and a game breaking talent. We'd be AFC contenders within a year.

BomberJet and FJF like this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Leader of the defense? What games were you watching? Maybe your comprehension is off or lacking. I'm not making up anything. If that is the case I say he's an epic failure in that department. A leader leads by example and if you are getting torched in pass coverage you can't approach me about my play. I guess you also missed his boisterous I won't miss anymore Pro Bowl selection comment. No maybe he should not be missing tackles and receivers getting behind him. He should start his leadership skill there first. A true leader says nothing, lets his play or actions define him. Ronnie Lott didn't want to miss a game. He had an finger injury that would require him to miss a game. He instead had it chopped off so that he could play.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. boozer32

LOL I wish you guys will stop throwing around great leader annointments. Please define what it means to be a leader? I'll wait.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s not how it went, Lott lost a piece of his finger during a game, rather than leave the game and have it reattached he taped it up and kept playing. Still bad ass though

boozer32 likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

Have you ever watched Adams on the sidelines or on the field? I am going to assume no. He's getting players in position, I am pretty sure that's leadership. The season before we had vets that couldn't communicate w/ the rest of the secondary. Your stance in this is non-sense Booz.

12. boozer32

Come on man that is your weakest defense of any post ever. I would have expected you to talk about other qualities in leadership. But choosing sideline jawing. How do you know what he's telling the defense. It could be the wrong coverage. The Jets need talent and turnovers not Flavor Flav the Hype Man. Let me ask you a question. Are leaders made or born? Answer that.

#552 boozer32, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. 101GangGreen101

He does it on the field too. He has done it in practice. First day of practice, grabbed Maye and they started working together. You aren't a leader the min you come out the womb. Leadership is earned. Just as respect is.

14. boozer32

Exactly. Leaders are made and no 22 year old rookie is gonna earn respect when you have so many veterans on the Jets. Adams has maybe seen 20% of what teams can do offensively. Also I might add they should be looking to Bowles for leadership but you never hear anyone talk about his leadership qualities. Its more of we like Todd. In the military they showed us two hollywood movies and within those movies were multiple leadership traits, methods and approaches. One of the movies was the old Gregory Peck 12 O'clock High movie. Where the leadership at the top (Bowles) was so lacking the unit had zero discipline and direction. He almost had a nervous breakdown trying to fix that unit.

15. 101GangGreen101

The Jets have no veterans in their secondary. I think Adams, proved his leadership capabilities in TC. Those safeties are an extension of Bowles. Bowles played S in the NFL. Adams and this TEAM will continue to grow. I think Bowles is a good leader, he is fair and holds people accountable.

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol now he's getting torched? please you realize he played 1/3rd as a LBer 1/3rd as a CB and 1/3rd as a safety. not many players in the NFL can do that. ti's asking a lot of a rookie. compared to maye who played mostly deep safety. There is a difference in running his mouth and setting a goal for himself. he wants to improve thats a good thing. running his mouth would be saying he got snubbed. not saying that he's going to play at a pro bowl level every year. huge difference

remeber this? https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/11/4/16606450/nfl-video-meme-jets-dance-to-anything

that was all adams. tell me he didn't have the defense pumped up in a game where the D just dominated.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

savage.

fill

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

What could have been :(

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

I still see throws like this where he's throwing straight up with his arm. The interception specifically. That will affect his accuracy. You can see he is overthrowing his target. I hope he gets that fixed. Once he does, he will be more consistent and make even better throws.

Reid is gonna have that boy's footwork on point though. If he can fix Vick, he will fix this guy.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez made some really great throws too.