Rank These 4 Quarterbacks (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield) . . .

Discussion in 'Draft' started by slimjasi, Jan 7, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I like Jackson as well, his athleticism can allow him to play and survive while he learns. Not sure he is worth the 6 though. Mac would have to get cute in order to maximize value here. Either slide down or come back up

All Gas No Shake and JetLifeLo like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If Mac is a real gambler, he will take Barkley or the best available offensive lineman at 6. Around pick 15-20 try and get back in the first and grab Jackson. If you can't do that, I hope he has a contingency plan. Otherwise, you are better off just taking Jackson or your QB choice at 6.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I like it. Much will be known before the draft. If we sign a high profile vet QB during the off season, then the scenario changes and he will draft OL or RB in the first or even trade down some in the first, and if Jackson falls to him in the second or bottom of the first he might strike again. At least that is my hope.

Walt White likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Nah, he's just not the disaster that a lot are making him out to be. He's not Hack; those that say so are just lazy. If we draft him; I won't be jumping off a cliff. It may not be sexy but a good offensive coaching staff can design a game plan around him where you can win. It does suck though that it looks like we will be choosing from the likes of Allen, Mayfield and Jackson when we had Mahomes right in front of us. SMH, I'm still having a hard time that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. FJF

That wouldn’t be a bad gamble . Have to hedge the bet in free agency though. And not with mccown. Has to be someone they can get 2 years out of.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

1. Sam Darnold is going to be good. Maybe great. He should be the clear #1. Even that Ohio State game I thought he looked like a Pro. Can't help the team around him is terrible.
    2. Baker Mayfield is a winner. I'd like him.
    3. Josh Rosen has some minor injury concerns, but he will be good.
    4. Josh Allen you hope turns out good, but he is not a guarantee. Of course, none truly are.

I'll take any of the 4 though. ;):) This is great! Go Jets!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

Sounds like a Bridgewater type QB. The Vikings did a similar one in 2014; took the BPA then traded back into the first for Teddy.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm with you. At this point, just give us a kid we can all rally around again.

The Dark Knight and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Heart broken I see, don't worry Lamar will win the hearts of fans all across Jet nation.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He's going to take Chubb at 6. (DE)

11. Red Menace

He won't take Jackson at 6, if the other 4 guys are drafted, it will be Chubb, Olinemen, or Barkley.

12. 101GangGreen101

Over my dead body (unless we go back up and get him)

#52 101GangGreen101, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  13. 101GangGreen101

I wouldn't factor Jackson out at 6 at all at this stage. Depends how you view these prospects, but I personally have Jackson as a top 3 QB in this class. His stock is top 10 to middle of first / end.

Mac has to do his HWK.

14. FJF

And then come back up for Jackson?
    I could live with that

15. Red Menace

There was an article about Mac in another thread with regard to his record with QBs, I believe he was part of 2 FO that were 0-8 and now he's 0-2 as Jets GM, he will be 0-3 if he selects Jackson.

If he moved up for Luke Falk on the other hand who is more accomplished than Jackson, with his 4 years as a starter, 69 percent completion percentage, lethal accuracy, ability to go through reads, and wonderful footwork, he's pro ready, that would be a move I can live with.

;)

BacktoQueens likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

:D Imagine, Falk aka captain check-down redux getting drafted in the first 3 rounds ... oh and I didn't know Falk won the Heisman too!

All Gas No Shake and Red Menace like this.
  17. Red Menace

That's what happens when you go through your progressions and know if you don't have anyone else open, go to your checkdown.

There is no other QB who has better mechanics than Falk. Take away the hype machine, or what Todd Mcgay says, and just watch the QB.

ESPN...C'mon man.:eek:..personally I think the Heisman award is the most overrated trophy in football, as a matter of fact they should do away with it.

18. Red Menace

Nobody wants you dead.....unless we pick you in death pool....just kidding...:D

19. 101GangGreen101

This is going to be a polarizing class, so we will all agree to disagree on a lot of things. It's going to be interesting to see who comes out on top.

Falk might have the best footwork, but he's an absolute statue in the pocket. He might be the next Trent Edwards. I personally am not a fan of a QB who checks down too much. That's just my preference. I also think Cal broke him when he threw 5 INTs

BTW, Lamar does go through his progressions, I don't know why people keep saying he doesn't but if you watch his games, he routinely does the below link in every game. He has probably the 2nd best arm in the entire class. Allen has the best arm, hands down.

https://streamable.com/vtqac

Heisman is overrated, but it's still an accomplishment lol

If Mac messes up this draft, you can add me to the Death Pool cause I am going to go crazy.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Red Menace

I'm not against Jackson being drafted, I just don't think he is top 10 material. He is raw in all of the criteria that makes college QBs top 10 picks.

However that same criteria is not used to give Falk credit for allowing him to be pro ready.

You speak of him being a statue, and being king of checkdown, he has a 69 % completion percentage being a statue, he has thrown for 38 TDs every year since his sophomore year, you don't do that throwing checkdowns all the time.

He is more acccurate than Jackson, rosen, Allen, and Darnold.

He has led his team to victory over, Darnold, Rosen, and Allen.

I read the stories and I hear all the hype, take away the noise and just watch him pass the ball, he has great mechanics, and that's primarily what teams look for in a QB who is ready to get to next level.

One bad game doesn't sour scouts or GMs on a QB, and yes throwing 5 interceptions is bad but you have to give credit to defense at times and sometimes it's just a ball bouncing off receivers hands.

Your right, this class is polarizing I just hope Mac gets it right, but he better change whatever criteria he uses to help select QBs because he has failed up to this point.

I will also join you in death pool if they draft another dud.