2nd round prospects - lets make it work this time

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 8, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah yeah the jets suck at 2nd round picks. well this year we have 2 pretty good ones to use so lets look at some of the prospects i like for us. The 1st round has been talked to death and who will take will be highly dependent on free agency but never hurts to take an early look

Equanimeous St. Brown - WR 6-4 205lbs
    If history has taught us anything taking a 2nd round WR with a ridiculous name can pay dividends (i'm looking at you juju smith-schuster) but all kidding aside he has the rare size/speed combination teams covet. he's coming out a bit early and if he was to stay another year would be a 1st round prospect in the 2019 draft. He'll likely need some time to develop so i wouldn't expect a big rookie impact but in a year or 2 could be a real number 1 WR for us. He also has a 4.0GPA and speaks 4 languages and plays for ND who has strict education requirements of their players. he's right up the jets alley as far as a smart, good kid with a ton of talent

Orlando Brown Jr.- OT 6-8 345lbs
    just a massive behomth of a player, brown could provide an instant upgrade to our o-line. projected as a RT where shell has played ok, Brown could be a huge upgrade from day 1. he also comes from an NFL pedigree with his father being an NFL lineman as well. He could wind up playing LT in the NFL but I think he's a bit too big personally. either way having him will be a much needed upgrade

Maurice Hurst - DE - 6-2 280lbs
    I want the jets to go offense with their 1st 3 picks. period. with that said, if ealy and wilk are both gone, we could look to grab a DE to start opposite of williams. Hurst could be that guy. he would be best at a 3-4DE or a 4-3 DT he's not the same prospect of a williams obviously, but could be a solid starter on the line for us. He's shown an ability to get into the backfield with 5 sacks and 12.5 TFL this season.

Nick Chubb - RB 5-10 220lbs
    I don't want a RB this early unless it's barkley and we got cousins already. with that said i'm listing him because he is a favorite around these forums. I'm quite happy with the maguire/powell combo for 2018 personally. He needs tow ork on his recieving and pass protection, but he is a powerfull downhill runner. reminds me of a chirs ivory type back that could carve out a niche on this team, but personally i'd rather a different picks

Connor Williams - OT 6-6 320lbs
    started as one of the top lineman for the draft, but a knee injury and some incosistent play has dropped his stock into the 2nd round. could be a steal though to land him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round as he projects to be a very good LT.

Antonio Callaway - WR 5-11 197lbs
    calloway is the small speedset type that we don't have. The jets have a lot of tall WRs. enunwa and anderson are both 6-3 or taller and yes anderson is fast but i digress. stewart, hansen, and kearse aren't scaring anyone with their speed. so enter calloway who could run between a 4.45 to 4.35. his stock fell for not playing in 2017 but he averages 15.7 YPC and is a desean jackson like player.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  2. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

No to Callaway. Wayyyyy too many off-field concerns. I'd add Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB and Frank Ragnow C to that list of 2nd rounders we should be looking at as well.

grkmanga31 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Billy Price or Frank Ragnow is a must. Harold Landry might be available in the 2nd or Clelin Ferrell at EDGE. I am targeting lineman or EDGE in the 2nd round after hopefully getting a QB in the first.

grkmanga31, wewantsapp and Red Menace like this.
  4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Would love any of the oline guys you mentioned, would be fine with st brown. Would also love if derius guice fell to us. Calloway I think will fall and he doesn't seem like a likely pick based on how the jets draft

5. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Ferrell will be a 1st round pick.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Maybe, maybe not ... there are 3 other EDGE rushers that seem to be getting a little more hype. Chubb, Key and Marcus Davenport from University of Texas-San Antonio ... Marcus Davenport is the real deal apparently, I saw a few of his plays ... his motor is non-stop. Long ass arms too.

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Bradley Bozeman C Alabama

8. GasedAndConfused

more of a late pick. rounds 5-7

I'd rather have St Brown but still off field issues can be resolved. Coles fell for the same reason and was a steal for us in the 3rd round. I'm not going to shy away from talent over minor stuff. Ragnow is more of a 3rd rounder as is Okoronkwo but that can change leading up to the draft. Still I want a heavy offensive draft especially at the top

9. BacktoQueens

you probably right about Bozeman. We'll get another look at him tonight.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

I really like Orlando Brown,, he plays nasty. He may have problems with the speed rush but I would bet he's a future all pro guard.

Conor Williams way overrated at OT.. I saw him getting beat by several teams in BigXII this year.. He was coming back from injury so that may have impacted his play this year. Seamed to get flagged quite a bit for holding.. He also might be better suited inside.

How about Adams from ND as a running back if Love, Guice and Chubb are gone.

I would like to see Jets address OL and RB in second round assuming they get pass rusher in first... so much depends on what they do in free agency in March.

I know the second round is too early but maybe in 4th or later look at Texas Tech WR KeKe Coutee. Coming out early , very talented. I will look forward to his combine performance and highlight videos.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

still i wouldn't mind him in the late rounds at all. once you get past round 4 your basically throwing darts blind

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would wager that Orlando Brown and Connor Williams are gone before we pick in the 2nd and most likley in the first round probably have a better shot at the big tackle from Notre Dame.

Running back is such a hard position to gauge in the draft, they could slip to 2nd round or if there is a run they may go quick.

Outside of Barkley - I would like Love before Guice, not enamored by Chubb.

njjets93 likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

After going back to back safeties a year ago Mac goes back to back Chubbs . Welcome to New York Bradley and Nick!

14. BacktoQueens

this team can use an explosive Chubb..

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Minor stuff? Sexual assault, drug possession, felony grand theft charges? Sounds a little more than minor to me.

He also hasn't played for a year, if they do draft him I hope it is not before the 6th round

Dsmiles13 likes this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Sony Michel?

jetfan59, JohnnyP123456 and Mogriffjr like this.
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Michel is the dude you want 2nd round...shifty speed back...he's the better pro then Chubb iMO.

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

SONY MICHEL
    Playmaker
    Youth at RB
    Speed

grkmanga31, themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

A woman accused Callaway of sexual assault and Harris of attempted sexual assault in December 2015. The woman reported the alleged incident to Florida's student conduct and conflict resolution office, but did not report the incident to either Gainesville police or University of Florida police. The University of Florida suspended both players for violating the school's code of conduct policy. Both players remained suspended until June, when they returned to campus to take classes and work out at the school's facilities
    Callaway was found not responsible of sexually assaulting the female student by an independent hearing officer in a Title IX hearing. The ruling was made by attorney Jake Schickel, a former track and field athlete at Florida who has donated money to Florida's football and basketball programs. Schickel cleared Callaway of three violations of Florida's student conduct code, which included endangering another's health or safety, sexual assault and sexual misconduct, and conduct causing physical injury.

I also seen nothing about the rest of the stuff you alleged. it's absolute BS any chick can claim she was sexually assaulted and ruin somebodies life because everyone assumes they are guilty. so lets not spread the propaganda

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that Brown, Chubb and Williams will all go before pick 20 of the 1st round. I don't see any way they drop to the 2nd round. Williams and Brown are the two best OT prospects in the entire draft. After Barkley, Chubb, Michel, Guice, and Love could all go in the 1st round.

Mike McGlinchey would be someone they should look at in the 2nd. If Orowonko rises to the 2nd (which he very easily could following the Combine, Pro Day and workouts, then should definitely be under strong consideration.

westiedog1 likes this.