After Darnold and Rosen, any other QB's worth to trade up to 3 for?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 28, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The only thing I disagree with here, my friend, is your comment about selecting two safeties who showed no immediate impact on the defense. That clearly isn't accurate.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

To me some ok stats their rookie year is nothing to be overwhelmed at ...yes made some tackles the two of them did..

The Team had 11 interceptions on the year ...I am not even sure if Maye and Adams were all of that or some of that ..that's kinda of low in my opinion ... to me you have two first rounders show an immediate impact that affect our turnovers ..I watched a lot of games and as I recall one of the two defended well in red zone to keep other team to field goal..meh

A rookie QB his first year learning some complex system gets a pass his first year

Lee..Maye ..Adams are on the field and fair at best imo

3. NCJetsfan

Were they dynamite this year? No But both were solid. They cut down on the Jets getting beat deep routinely. There were fewer blown coverages. Both will develop and play a lot better. Both are leaders, have good hands and are playmakers. I believe that they will create a lot of TOs in their future years and we will be very glad to have both. Will we be as glad as if we had Mahomes and only one of them? Probably not, but as you said a Safety can't compare with a QB for impact. We just have to hope that they both play up to their potential and that we can get that QB we need this year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think I'd only be ok with trading up for Rosen or Darnold.

5. NCJetsfan

I'd also be ok with trading up for Mayfield.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. slimjasi

I'd lean against it, but I could probably be talked into it.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao imagine trading up for Mayfield ... ill keep those picks thank you

njjets93 and FJF like this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

See what falls and go from there wasting picks on moving up for something not 100% certain is not the way to play our hand

JohnnyP123456 and njjets93 like this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s only an option if the browns go Barkley with the 1st pick. Then the colts will be fielding calls left and right for that 3rd pick.

10. slimjasi

Even though I think they would be absolute idiots for doing so, I think there is a small (but nonzero) chance that the Giants don't take a QB. Again, I fully expect them to take Rosen or Darnold, but it's at least possible that they choose to put all of their efforts towards retooling around Eli for another 1-3 years. Furthermore, there was an interesting article from Steve Serby recently which indicated that several current Giants players really like Davis Webb. The critical issue here is, how high will the Giants new coaching staff be on Webb? If they sincerely believe in him, I could definitely see them taking a guy like Barkley at #2.

The other possibility is that the Browns fall in love with either Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield and decide to take one of them with the first pick. A lot can change from now until the draft. I think this is also an unlikely scenario, but again, not impossible.

11. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

For what its worth, your way off base there... There were several of us on this site that were begging for Mahomes right up until the draft. I posted numerous scouting videos of Mahomes in action, videos of experts extolling his abilities, and even a video of him tossing the ball sixty five yards on his knees.

NFL teams do their research a new suit and prepped answers won't fool most teams. If I am drafting a 19 to 21 year old and gonna pay him millions, I want someone mature enough to stay out of trouble, be good in clubhouse and be a leader by example.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

NC I am ignorant for having an opinion of this kid based of facts and his actions? Lets not get into name calling. We are all Jet fans , I hope.
    Our posts are based on what we see as best for the team. Its all based on fantasy because Mccag I am sure doesn't consult this board prior to the draft.

Back to Mayfield I believe he exhibits a pattern of behavior that would cause me to think twice about giving him millions of dollars and the reins to my team. You disagree. Thats OK i don't judge you. You may be a very tolerant person. I guess I have less patience and expect more from the kid.

13. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

Wouldnt it be funny if the Giants took Mayfield and Webb beat him out again, like at Texas Tech. Someone tell him no transfers in the NFL.

James Hasty likes this.
  14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Darnold- I’m never sold on USC QBs but this kid is really good. He has an odd throwing motion but he gets the ball where it needs to be with good velocity most times. Reminds me of Matt Stafford.

Rosen - Has an accurate deep ball and is a prototypical NFL pocket passer. He’s injury prone though. Reminds me of Joe Flacco.

Allen - Has all the tools to be special. He can throw accurately on the run and can make plays with his feet. Needs to be more consistent. Reminds me of Carson Wentz.

Mayfield - Accurate, reads the game well and is a gamer. Will have trouble with a tall OL and going up against a tall DL. Reminds me of Ryan Tannehill with Rivers intensity.

Jackson - Makes playes and reads the game well. Not sure how his game will translate to the NFL, needs the right coach/system. Reminds me of Tyrod Taylor

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No no no no no.

I posted why in another thread. Let me dig it up.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

“Tbh - I talked myself out of the short thing. Defensive lineman in college don’t grow substantially between the time they leave college to the time they enter the NFL.

AVG defensive lineman in college: 6’2&5/7” - 281lbs
    AVG defensive lineman in NFL: 6’2” - 295 lbs

AVG defensive end in college: 6’3&2/3” - 253lbs
    AVG defensive end in NFL: 6’3” - 255lbs

So basically the defenders don’t grow like super villains in the NFL.

The guy can clearly overcome the height deficit and, again, I’m really not high on Mayfield at all.”

Now I looked at average college OL - 6’4” 297
    NFL = 6’5” 312.

The players aren’t substantially larger in the NFL over college. Also the players don’t block or engage the blocker standing straight up.

#96 GQMartin, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If the giants are not going to take a qb they would be best served trading that pick. And if the browns go Barkley 1 their phone would be blowing up.

slimjasi likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I said that not bothering to learn more about him, not reading about him and then just judging him based solely on the acts is ignorant. You misread what I said, but that's OK. It's not important. Again, no offense meant.

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Saquon Barkley, he's thrown the ball a few times.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Double post