Difference in Franchises

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 6, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They'll get Wilkerson too he'll go back to being THE Muhammad Wilkerson for them.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So in your HO do I understand correctly that U think Bowles is a better HC then Gruden? :mad:

3. championjets69

4. championjets69

So if the Raiders are dregs as U posted what is you opinion of the NYJs who have won NOTHING in 48 years? :mad:

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Man imagine the meltdown on this board if the Jets gave a mediocre HC a 10 year contract.

This post is criticizing the Jets for the sake of criticizing the Jets. The Jets have more than enough real things to criticize them about.

FJF likes this.
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he can just say he's quitting on a napkin and leave if he wants to....

But yeah, not happening.

slimjasi likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't know about LIB, but I sure as hell think Bowles is a better HC than Gruden. And I still think Bowles is a bottom-10 coach in the league. Still, I think my grandmother is a better HC than Gruden. Hell, Champ, I think YOU are a better HC than Gruden.

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Champ,

This is a pretty lame argument. Gruden is a publicity stunt move made by a team moving to LAS VEGAS!

If you want to criticize a current Jets coaching decision, I am amazed that you and everyone else is ignoring the fact that the perfect coach to replace Rex Ryan (Doug Marrone) is now coaching an overachieving team in the play-offs, and that our owner was talked out of hiring him because of a hatchet job done by Manesh Metha(!) of all people.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I already see that happening. Jets trade Wilkerson, and a bunch of picks to move up to the Giant's spot in the draft, and turn the Giants into a powerhouse, reuniting Harrison and Wilkerson and giving them the draft picks they need to get Barkley and still fix their oline making them an instant contender again.

10. WarriorRB28

Reading between the lines (stuff I read & heard) last season Wilkerson grew up a Giants fan, supposedly he was at the top of the Giants wish list that offseason he wanted to sign with them as a UFA he wasn't happy the Jets used the franchise tag on him.

I think something else happened between him & the coaching staff we never used to hear bad stuff about him before last season.

11. WarriorRB28

You think the Jets ticket to the promised land is copying a franchise that's had one winning season since 2003 that's nuts.

Copy the Pittsburgh Steelers not one of the **** franchises in all of sports.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Still champing, eh? Good to see you still kicking about, old man. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

==============================================

Ok. On a more serious note:

Maybe Raiders is not such a fine example to look at. I'd instead suggest Jacksonville. Look at the turnaround they experienced under the leadership of Tom Coughlin. If Jets had to go get a President of Op, he was the man to go after. [Obviously, Jets don't do that.]

FJF likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Raiders are making big news this week, the Jets are not. Since 1963, the Raiders have won 15 division titles (three AFL and 12 NFL), four AFC Championships (1976, 1980, 1983, and 2002), one AFL Championship (1967), and three Super Bowl Championships (XI, XV, and XVIII). You do the math.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Really? What have you seen that gives off even the slightest scent that supports your statement?

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The years 2006 to 2017 when the Jets were marked by changing either the HC or the GM every 3 or 4 years, with people often losing their jobs for problems that had roots elsewhere in the organization.

Sometimes it's worthwhile to let a guy who the players will play hard for keep the job for long enough that this becomes part of the organizations persona. The big question with Bowles was not whether or not he was a technically perfect coach. There are very few of those guys in the business. The big question was whether he was too deferential to his vets, like Rex was. The Wilkerson ending and the Richardson trade make it clear that he has shifted away from relying on vested vets back towards the middle of the spectrum where good coaches need to be in the end.

Fitzpatrick and McCown have both been frustrating to watch at times given the team's rebuilding status but basically his other options in the years in question made Brooks Bollinger look like a quality starter by comparison. The Jets need to give Bowles a talented young QB to develop or a really good vet to run the offense. What he's gotten so far to work with at QB has been unacceptable if the Jets want to be a successful franchise.

The Revis signing may have been the best thing the Jets could have done for Bowles in terms of opening his eyes about entitled vets. Revis did nothing to earn his position on the field in 2016 except show up on time for camp. Watching him mess up all year had to have an impact on Bowles given the effect that had on the Jets pass defense and overall record.

FJF and MoWilkBeast like this.
  16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make some good point on the need for a QB. Hopefully the 2018 draft will yield such QB for the Jets.

17. Ralebird

The question was not about Revis; it was not about a quarterback. It was not about Wilkerson or Richardson. It was not about trades. The question was about Bowles and how, after three failed years with no sign of improvement in grooming a team or preparing one on a weekly basis to play NFL football, you would even conceive of giving him ten more years to continue such incompetence.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The obvious answer to your question is no. But what coach out there other than Bill Belichick would you give a 10 year contract to? If the story is true about Gruden, the Raiders are very stupid.

19. championjets69

Do U consider that the Raiders gave themselves a out if they need it? :mad:

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bowles watched entitled veteran Revis mess up all year but he also kept him on the field for every single play. So I'm not convinced Bowles got the message you are assuming

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.