Titans are 09 Jets

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

ugly as sin

Ground and pound

Except.....Mariota is better than Sanchez

They won’t win it all but they look just like my Jets did

abc, NYJetsO12 and tbruner12 like this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Feels different but ugly yes. Go under dogs!

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think you not giving Sanchez enough credit for those first two years. He was decent when asked to do very little for the offense, it was once we made him the focus that the wheels fell off and he became a turn over machine.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The jury is still out on Mariota but he was a # 2 overall pick while Sanchez was a # 5 overall pick so theoretically he is three picks better than Sanchez.

5. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

He turned the ball over plenty the first 2 years. Mariota is 1000 times the runner and ball carrier. Until he has his Butt fumble moment, Mariota is better.
    If Nacho could have had the luck Mariota had today, maybe he would still be in NY.
    Amazing that instead of an intc today, Mariota throws a TD to himself. Also,
    Chiefs up 14-0, Mariota clearly fumbles on 3rd down. Instead they kick a FG and its 14-3.
    Nacho's fumbles never worked out like that.
    Mariota has the edge in luck by a large margin, which furthers the gap between the two.
    The Chiefs were robbed today.
    The Jets never robbed any team with Nacho at the helm.
    I would say the distance between Mariota and Nacho is about one left rabbits foot.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Not so much. There were plenty of games during '09 & '10 that Sanchez single handily lost the game. Sanchez played great during the two playoff runs but was extremely inconsistent the rest of the time. Sanchez was way too inaccurate to be a successful NFL QB.

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I can't believe they shut out the Chiefs in the 2nd half 19-0. The Chiefs have been collapsing all year, though, so I guess it's not a big surprise. Arrowhead stadium is supposed to be this huge advantage, yet they lost the last 6 playoff games in a row there.

Good for the Titans though, it's good to see a new team in the mix.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh I agree he had his limitations, but he did play well during the playoffs and lead us to so big regular season wins to get there. Mariota is by far more talented but has a way to go still before he’s a top end QB in the league.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sanchez sucked. The end.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

No similarities. The Chiefs just major in choking. They gave that game to the Titans.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

What the flawed Norv Turner led Chargers didn't major in choking? They are perennial losers of the special kind.

They had the greatest kicker in Jets history, Nate Kaeding afterall.

Same with the team the Jets beat in 09 WC round, the Marvin Lewis led Bengals who still to this day have yet to win a playoff game.

12. JetsNation06

Jets 09 still better than this Titans team. Like I said KC handed them the game.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

2009 Jets had the #1 Defense in points and yards. The 2017 Titans defense was ranked 17 in points and 13th in yards. Offensively the 2009 Jets run game finished ranked 1 in both attempts and yards, and 3rd in rushing tds. The Titans run game is ranked 14th in attempts, 15th in yards, and 2nd in tds. The 2009 Jets had the best d and run game in the league...the 2017 Titans are pretty much mediocre across the board outside of rushing tds. I really don't see the comparison other than the teams record and having young quarterbacks who were drafted in the top 5 of the 1st round.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Seems to me that the 2009-2010 Jets were a lot more like the 2017 Bortles-led Jaguars than the 2017 Mariota-led Titans for exactly the reasons you mention.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they have a shot in New England. If they keep pounding the ball with that beast Derrick Henry they could control the clock and wear down that weak NE defense, he is tough to bring down.

the forecast is calling for wind & rain, which I think helps them as well. Anything to hurt the passing game will help them. They gotta come out of the gate fast though. Too many teams lose to NE because they are scared bitches and let NE dictate the early stages and then its over. TEN has nothing to be afraid of - they have a good running game and a running back built for cold weather football

FJF likes this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THIS!
    Great defense, good running game, and a QB that you hope doesnt fuck up....

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was going to come in and comment that mariota is better than sanchez, but now i completely agree.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They got no shot of beating the Pats this week. The Pats get a couple scores up on these guys and it's over.

BTW. The Jets D back then was a lot better than the Titans D IMO.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Titans are garbage. They were down 21-3 for a reason. Similar to the Patriots being down 28-3 in the Super Bowl. The come back had more to do with a team collapsing (Chiefs,Falcons) than a team being good and coming back. A win is a win though. I don't see too much similarity in quality, but I get you thinking that with the Titans being run-first on offense.

As @statjeff22 said, the Jaguars are a better example. Great defense, but unsure if the offense will do enough to win.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Titans defense couldn’t hold the ‘09 Jets’ jock strap