Difference in Franchises

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 6, 2018.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Raiders hire Gruden give him a 10 year contract NYJs rehire Bowels give him 2 more years. It seems to me the Raiders think big or go home while the NYJs think small & stink :mad:

boozer32, Jets69 and tbruner12 like this.
  2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The Raiders think big and fuck up big. If you want to compare us with a well-run franchise, I wouldn't start with the Raiders.

Dom, Vida, TonyFtLaud and 12 others like this.
  3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

So we should have given Bowles 10 more years?

Vida, Freddy Mondo, alleycat9 and 3 others like this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah as a top 2 HC in the AFC we should have given TB a 20 year contract so we do not miss out on any of talents :mad:

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mark Davis I think is a better owner than Woody , but Al Davis was legendary and son has big shoes to fill

boozer32 likes this.
  6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Let us wait a while on Davis before making any conclusions. If the Las Vegas Raiders turns into a flop, you might change your mind.

Vida, FJF and westiedog1 like this.
  7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This one I don't get

The Raiders made a splash. Was it ill advised? We'll see. The Raiders are in a completely different position than the Jets.

The two year extension for Bowles and Macc is low risk, high reward.
    There is no way the two are around unless they make significant progress next year (i.e., the play-offs)

If you want to gripe about something, gripe about the scenario that would've really helped the Jets
    ( bad season, canning Bowles, high draft pick, Franchise QB attracting a big name HC) actually coming true for the GIANTS:mad:

boozer32 and BomberJet like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets could do a lot worse than have Bowles be the HC for the next decade.

No idea if he's going to win anything big but this franchise needs a steady captain to weather the fierce winds of being the #2 franchise (at the moment) in the tristate media market.

Marvin Lewis didn't win anything with the Bengals but they were jokes when he came in the door and he raised them to a mid-level team often contender before he left.

zace likes this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Raiders havent won a playoff game Since 2002,what are you talking about.They give the most overrated coach in NFL history a massive contract the guy hasn't coached in almost 10 years.Not sure what your talking about....There's no chance he is gonna live up to the hype,Everyone is gonna circle the Raiders on there schedule now to try and make Gruden look bad.

Vida, FJF and zace like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Now, now, let us not drink the cool aid yet. Raiders don't have a home to go to for the next 3 years, and is quite premature to anoint Gruden as a big move as if he is the second coming of Billicheat. He is not even remotely in the same league. Shit BB should get a $300M contract for the next ten years, retroactive.
    Bowles on the other hand, has not proven much of anything yet, non withstanding the many here that keep telling us that all HC are essentially created equally, and is mostly a function of personnel, or worst officiating to determine the outcome.. LOL

boozer32 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the Giants may get BB.

6-10 once again likes this.
  12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Constant whining and groaning about Bowles. Better to talk/discuss about finding the players needed to improve this team so we know more about what Bowles is capable of. He managed to win 10 games his first year with some talent. Wait and see how 2018 enfolds.

#12 BomberJet, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    FJF and Endlessly Counting like this.
  13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Maybe we should all just switch to giants fans... if the jets have no fans left then this pathetic franchise will fold and we can live happy and free as one team and one family .

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That's every Giants fan's wet dream, so of course that's all they talk about. How lucky would the Giants be to have a disaster season and come out of it with a top QB prospect and BB. I'd puke.

I have to admit, chances of that are quite low. The Patriots will likely win another super bowl and all will be well in paradise.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its a terrible contract

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think if they win, it's the end of paradise

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I've heard so many people speculating about this, but I think there is almost no chance it happens (at least, not next year). As Schefter pointed out, BB is under contract next year . . . Good luck convincing Kraft to let him go to NY.

FJF likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The thing is, why do the Giants attract all the best talent - players and coaches - while the Jets seem to be "The last house on the block"? Seriously, the Johnsons should take an honest look at this and address it. I'm sure much of it has to do with the Maras being founding fathers of the NFL and so know how to run a franchise, but still there are things Woody and Chris could learn if they chose to.

boozer32 and LAJet like this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I agree.

Besides would John Mara hand over the whole ship at this point? I'll believe that when I see it. Would bb work under their Gm and Mara? Hmm. That doesn't seem like a good match to me.

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!

Oakland has been a league dreg since they lost the Super Bowl to Tampa Bay right down there with Cleveland & Detroit. One winning season since I believe yet they're the model franchise the Jets should emulate.

Pay a middle of the pack QB like he's Peyton Manning in his prime then pay a overrated head coach who's been away a looooong time like he's Belichick.

THANK GOODNESS THE JETS AREN'T COPYING THE RAIDERS!!!!!!

LAJet likes this.