Brady vs. Belichick vs. Kraft......tick tick tick tick.....BO

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Your argument that a championship should not determine a QB rating has merits. Look Montana is remembered for his Super Bowls but not all his playoff losses. Manning and Breese have benefitted from playing indoors. Also different teams run different offenses so the argument to switch Brady and Manning has flaws.

So in judging the best QB ever, maybe one needs to ask this question. Your team is down with little time left. You need a winning drive or otherwise you lose. But the problem with that question doesn't address what offense you are running. But that being said my Uncle who knows his football thinks we are all idiots and claims Johnny Unitas is the best of all time.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

When I saw the rumor Belichick might leave the Pats, I didn't get excited. As a Jets fan I knew there had to be a catch. Lo and behold the latest rumor has him going to the Giants, drafting his next franchise QB with the 2nd pick, and winning more SBs. Whereas we have Mac and Bowles. So glad I'm a Yankees and not a Mets fan.

3. Patriot

Had the Jets got Belichick and have been this successful, Patriot fans would have been like Jet fans claiming that the Jets cheat to win everything. Both the Jets and the Patriots have had a history of misery, but the Patriot's misery ended when Belichick took over. So hopefully the football Gods will show some pity to the Jets and make them at least a SB before Broadway Joe is no longer with us.

Now if the Patriots find their next franchise QB in this draft in the 2nd round and continue their dominance in the future; I will attend night school to get a degree in Physciatry to help console you all.

4. Patriot

Belichick is a great coach, but it takes time to establish a system like he did in New England. Being 65 he might not have the energy he once had to put in 80 hour weeks. So my logical side seems to suggest New England will probably be his last stop because of this. I think his more pressing issue is to make sure his sons gets a coaching careers like himself. There is an exit strategy already mapped out for Bill, he doesn't leave anything to chance. His challenge will be to find another Jimmy G in the future. I could see his sons Stephen and Brian possibly being well known NFL coaches. Sort of scary to think there will be two more Belichicks in the NFL!

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The iceberg is finally cracking up. Took long enough.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

haha shit what a depressing thought.
    you identified the worst possible scenario....it must be a gift.

while i'd love this rift to be true, Belichick isn't going anywhere and Br*dy doesn't have the stones to play without him.
    I'd love nothing more than to see Br*dy try to go it alone though, as I'm confident it would expose him and put to rest these debates.
    maybe the Giants would take Br*dy, and we could watch him flounder in their dysfunction?

Jets_Grinch and Walt White like this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's FizzCoh!

NY Jets68 likes this.
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I have no idea what you're talking about. I guess I'll have to repeat myself.

Belichick was under contract to succeed Parcells, and Parcells stepped down before Belichick agreed to anything with New England.

9. Patriot

The contract that you stipulate only kicks in when Parcells steps down as HC. So as long as Parcells was the HC, nothing stopped Belichick from pursuing another job. Everyone at the time in the national media, Boston media, and New York media knew that Parcells resigned as HC to prevent Belichick from interviewing with the Pats. He basically exercised the contract clause you are talking about. Where you living under a rock back then and not listening to the soap opera in the media? When Belichick resigned as your HC, he was basically telling Parcells and the Jets to FO. To this day this is the reason why Belichick hates Parcells and the Jets. Parcells violated a sacred coaching rule of allowing assistants to interview with other teams. This is what Belichick claims to this day.

I understand you are a devoted Jets fan, but for you to suggest Belichick just quit his HC of the Jets for no reason is a bit unfounded.

Like I said, had Parcells let Belichick interview with the Patriots Belichick might be your head coach today. Can I say this 100%, probably not. It still would have been a smarter thing for Parcells to do if he wanted to keep Belichick. On the other hand if Belichick was definitely on the way out, Parcells might have been smart to resign so the Jets could get compensation for Belichick leaving.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Based on your response, it's obvious you don't know how to read. I didn't say or suggest anything about Belichick quitting for no reason.

Your glaring lack of reading comprehension explains how you totally misunderstood the Belichick/Parcells rift.

11. Patriot

I am sorry to disappoint all of you but today Belichick announced he has no plans on leaving the Pats and the story from ESPN is bogus. Both Goodell and Belichick have argued they never met recently in Foxboro. Some of the details of the story doesn't make sense like folks meeting the writer 5:00 am for breakfast at the IHOP restaurant. The IHOP is not open at 5:00 am and hardly no restaurants in the Foxboro area are open that early. Holes are now being pointed out in the story by the Boston media which has scrutinized this story more than others.

However, since this story does have some misinformation and exaggerations, I still think there is some truth here. I am not surprised, after 18 years together I find it hard to believe that Belichick and Brady haven't had some differences. Also I could see Brady being paranoid about losing his job to Jimmy G. The story has alerted Pats fans who have been living in football utopia this dynasty's end is inevitable.

I to be honest am shocked that this dynasty has lasted this long. Brady and Belichick are very good, but I am smart enough to realize you need a little luck and breaks to be this successful this long. So whether it be the tuck rule, McNabb vomiting, catches being ruled incomplete, or Wilson being dumb, or defenders dropping possible interceptions; the Patriots have found a way to dominate the NFL landscape to such a point that opposing fans are about to commit harakiri. Some have claimed cheating and deals made with Satan, but something tells me we will never see something like this ever again.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Are you also a Yankees and Red Sox fan?

13. Patriot

Now that would make me very deranged.

I unlike many Sox fans don't hate the Yankees and have always enjoyed the rivalry even though the Yankees have dominated it. You must admit both teams have produced some memorable games against each other over the years. I think John Sterling is one of the best to listen to a game on the radio. I must confess during Red Sox Yankee games I'd rather listen to Sterling then the Red Sox radio broadcast. However, I can't stand Susan Waldman and I think Sterling was better with Steiner even if they didn't get along.

14. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

haha, just given you all a little poke about defenders falling down . . . :)

The Jets always played us tough and beat us twice in 2010, great win for you guys in the divisional round against us, you basically came into Foxboro and took the game.

You have also beaten us in key times too, like 2015 when you knocked us off in Dec. making us the #2 seed and we lost in Denver in Jan.

Hopefully, the Jets will be able to turn things around, it is tough a team really needs a QB and solid coach to be strong in this league and sometimes that is kind of luck of the draw.

Pats have been fortunate enough to have both BB and TB for so long and that they were both young enough when they teamed up to have this long of a run.

Being a Boston fan for 45 years, I have seen more dark days than good, really only early.mid 70s and from 2001 to present, so about a 30 year gap in between.

As for NY/BOS, about the first 30 years of my fanhood had to be 2nd fiddle to the Yankees . . . Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone anyone . . . :). Not to mention the recent Giants.

15. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I hear yah, it can be tough. But what ever is, well is. True there will always be arguments, but folks just need to accept what the facts are and really can not water them down too much or inflate them too much to fit a narrative.

As a sox fan, i too needed to accept differences between teams and players among the two teams and realize that my competitor has the better players and team for the most of my 45 year fanhood. Early on Jeter v. Garciaparra, and so on.

I give you credit for seeing what Brady is and that he is likely somewhere near the top of QBs since the Merger. I personally place him at the top but that is just my opinion.

zace likes this.
  16. It’s never ending.

Patriot fans are more deserving & smarter.What else can you say?

They win every single year in the face of controversy & anytime a non fan references such they blindly argue in a passive aggressive manner as if they have somehow have your best interest.When called out on it they lash out & show their true colors. In their eyes winning trumps all including logic,reasonability,humility & decency.

Why argue anymore?Theyre superior in every way shape & form.Used to think karma would eventually transpire but that’s come & gone.I guess winning trumps justice just as welll.

Here’s to 25 more years of Brady,BB & Kraft.Why not at this point???

17. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well I hope Hoodie retires. If he isn't retiring I rather see him at Pats than Giants. I don't have annoying Pats fans around me but tons of annoying Giant fans all around. And no surprise most Giants fans are extreme ass holes when it comes to Jets.

I was at Giants-Cowboys game a few years ago with a Cowboys friend from work. He had an extra ticket and he took me. It was the game Odell catched the ball with his single hand. Well we tailgated before the game and once done we started walking towards our seat. And there I saw a sign from a Giants tailgate party. A big sign really. It said" At least we aren't the Jets". I have Jets scarf in my car and some other Jets stuff. No surprise, none of my encounters with Giant fans ended nicely. That said, I can comfortably say that for me Pats success is a better choice then Giants success. I hope Hoodie either retires or stays at Pats. F.. Giants.

19. Patriot

I know many old Giant fans in Rhode Island. They claim they are Giants fans because that was the only team they could watch on TV back then. They like to always remind me they are New York's football team and the Jets aren't. I like to remind them that the Bills are the real NY team since both the Jets and the Giants play in Jersey. They do tend to be arrogant and have this attitude they are a real NFL team while others are not. I would love to see the Jets defeat the Giants in a Super Bowl. Wouldn't that be great?