Brady vs. Belichick vs. Kraft......tick tick tick tick.....BO

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 4, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks, yeah my mistake. The Panthers played really well that SB. I remember Delhomme was amazing. The Panthers kicker blew it, kicking the ball out of bounds, Setting Brady and the Pats up with good field position for the game winning kick. The Eagles game I don't remember too well, besides Owens playing with a broken leg, but the Pats were the far superior team. No matter what, Brady won 5 Super Bowls. I just feel if that is why someone separates him from Manning or Rodgers etc, it is not a good reason. Others would have the opposite view and say that is a good reason as championships are #1.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I have never been a Championships first guy when debating the merits of individual players, but my point about Brady is that he does great from either perspective: He has ridiculous individual achievements and he has led his team to a bunch of Superbowl wins. And, of particular importance to me: 1) He has had a litany of tremendous individual performances in some of the biggest games of his career (generally having been clutch as fuck in the process) and 2) His career playoff numbers are simply insane.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yeah 2nd year QBs don't "win" Super Bowls.......like Kurt Warner, Big Ben, Russel Wilson......totally unheard of :)

Listen you are not remembering things clearly. Stating that Br*dy "carried" team to first three Super Bowls borders on ridiculous.

Bottom line you think wins is how to judge a QB. I strongly disagree and I'm thru talking about your odd crush on Br*dy.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. That is true. Like I said earlier in the thread, I respect his consistency and longevity the most. At the very least, he is quite a unique player.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You had it right the first time.
    In the early years the D was outstanding, as was the Oline, and the specials always had a knack for huge plays.
    As such much less was asked of him.
    Br*dys role was to manage the game, but he did make some big plays in big spots.

6. I wanna believe it but the beast just refuses to subside. It's not over till its reduced to ashes. This will likely fuel Kraft,BB & Br*dy to make amends & be stronger than ever.At least 10 more years of misery. This Jet fan's heart has capacity for about 2 more before I forget what Fuseball was to begin with.

I'll say this if you think a QB is a true franchise QB you find a way to keep him in house or trade him for a king's ransom. Patriots may like their 2nd round picks just fine, trading Garropolo in the manner they did reeked of dysfunction & classic AFC East style incompetence.

7. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I agree that Parcells’ ego was a big part of Belichick resigning as HC of the NYJ. I’ve had this argument with other fans before. Parcells wasn’t even as successful as Rex Ryan was for the Jets. One AFCCG vs. two. And getting out of his shadow was a determining factor in Belichick quitting. (The fact that Hess had died and the team had sold was another).

I know I’ll get ripped for blaspheming St. Parcells, but he hurt this team more than he helped it long term. Not guaranteeing to Archie that he would take Peyton as the first pick in the draft should go down as the worst coaching decision in our history.

Could you imagine 15 years of Mannning and Belichick as Jets?

I think Belichick is an ego maniac and a cheater. And I would 100% want him as the coach of the Jets.

8. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I doubt the article is 100% accurate, but lets say it is mostly true and the Belichick is gone, then all I can say as a Pats fan it has been a great run and I was lucky to be alive to witness it. Then I can focus more on my 2nd team the Jets to get their act together.

Look the Patriots/Jets hate started with Parcells which I always thought was stupid. Parcells would trade players with stipulations they couldn't be traded to the Pats. Obviously Parcells had a deep hate towards the Pats. When Belichick decided to be the Pats HC, that probably pissed Parcells off.

Being a Jets fan going back to the days of Namath and a Pats fan going back to Plunkett, I waited this period out as like a bad time in the stock market. I think much of the hate the Jets also have against the Pats goes back to Parcells. I don't represent the average Pats fan because I don't hate the Jets, so I am sorry to disappoint.

9. Patriot

Either way AC or DC, when Belichick showed interest in being the Pats HC, Parcells resigned. This can not be disputed, can it?

10. Patriot

Will McDonough was friends with Parcells, not Kraft. So if your implying he helped Kraft get Belichick, this do not make sense. I do however agree with your statement that Kraft was trying to get back at Parcells.

11. Patriot

If this story is totally bogus, than Seth Wickersham's reputation and ESPN's reputation is forever crap. So this is why I fear their may be some truth to this article as a Pats fan.

12. Patriot

I will not mention some older QBs because many of you can't relate to them and it being a different era. But I think you forgot to mention Elway didn't you?

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're a Pats & Jets fan?

[​IMG]

Walt White likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hahahah

Yeah, he's special.

15. Patriot

If GOAT means having a long consistent successful career than an argument can be made for Brady. If GOAT means the best at any given one time, then my eyes would say Bert Jones 1976 who was on fire and made throws like I have never seen! Then again I didn't start watching pro football till 1967 and their may be some more QBs I am unaware of. An argument could also be made for Roger Staubach and Fran Tarkenton but I expect many of you can't relate.

16. Yes BB had every right not to want to be Jets HC. And he damn well could go to New England if he pleased. Who wants a coach that doesn't like or believe in the team anyway? However the manner he handled resigning was in poor taste w. the scribbled on napkin & patronizing tone. He also kept his signing bonus which I believe was a million or so. Just showing no class and no respect to the Jets which he's continued to this day.

Before Parcells even came aboard BB signed a contract with the Jets to be interim HC until tuna was free to leave New England.THat was a gamble on the Jets part. There was even some speculation that Parcells would have to sit out of football for a year before able to officially join the Jets. Steve Gutman showed confidence in BB & paid him well even when he eventually became assistant HC/DC.As soon as Parcells retired..the Jets were true to their word & immediately offered him a lucrative contract. BB was free to leave town no matter the reason, but the arrogance & disrespect he's shown ever since? Hard to defend.

The rivalry swings in both directions. The real nastiness started with Curtis Martin crossing enemy lines to join Parcells. Course it was Martin recovering his own fumble a season later that caused Vinny to go down against who..?You guessed it.

Once spygate went down thats when it really became fierce. And to the Patriots credit they've dominated the Jets the same way they've dominated every other team. The Jets do usually give them a good fight once a season though..and there's been more than once where horrible calls helped decide the outcome.

17. Patriot

Ok here is a source for you that involves an interview with Parcells.

"Big Bill insisted that the Patriots’ interest in hiring Little Bill -- they had sent a fax requesting permission to interview him -- was no factor in the development, although it certainly seemed to accelerate matters."

Had Parcells let Belichick interview with the Pats, he could have easily have convinced him to stay with the Jets. By pulling the stunt he did, it was like a parent saying to a child I forbid you to date them which eventually leads to the child dating that exact demon. Parcells was a smart guy, but here he let his emotions get the best of him. By forbidding Belichick to interview with the Pats he violated an old school coach's rule. He pretty much made Belichick want to be the HC of the Pats by doing this.

Look when I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. See my previous posts especially when it comes to player's salary. There is a reason why Belichick went to the Pats. So exactly what is wrong with my point here. It seems you and many on this board like to argue that Belichick resigned because he was out to get the Jets. So does that mean when he was your AC or DC he was a double agent for the Pats? Really?

Woodhead likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Nothing lasts forever they've had a almost 20 years run how long is it supposed to last eternity?

They're still the favorites to win it all this season. There's a good chance their road to the Super Bowl in the AFC will be home games against Buffalo & Pittsburgh their two biggest personal doormats since 2001 then in the NFC the top two seeds are a crippled Eagles team without their starting QB and a team QB'd by Case Keenum.

Who's beating them?

19. Patriot

Yes I probably need to see a shrink!

20. Patriot

If Big Ben and Tomlin can get the heads out of their asses, they can beat the Pats. In the NFC I think the Vikings playing at home in the SB would be a difficult team to beat. Last but not least, the Saints and the Pats would also be a good final.