Brady vs. Belichick vs. Kraft......tick tick tick tick.....BO

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 4, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Which is why fans need to cheer for the home teams this weekend. It would force the Patriots to play the Chiefs then either the Jags or Steelers. Not an easy road. The Bills or Titans could mess it up with wins though, as the Pats would mop the floor with them.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, look what he did to Petty. Petty was headed for glory no doubt. Good thing McCown came along out of the blue and had a career year by some astronomical stroke of good luck to carry Bowles.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Needs to channel his 'Inner Flacco'

zace likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Brady an excellent QB..prob the GOAT..

He is EXCEPTIONAL when paired with the best Coaches . Could win a SB with :Reid Tomlin Payton probably Pete Carrol of course BB

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Great post...

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to acknowledge this? I'm not talking out my ass. I tried finding every reason he wasn't the greatest. He just simply is. I tried the stats argument, but when watching his film its easy to see why his arent higher. He was content to hand it off to Blount last season. Not because the passing game wasn't there, but because he was content to take the W.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I totally agree, but the thing is, that just doesn't matter to me. Actually, if anything, I am even more impressed by Brady for having accomplished what he has accomplished while clearly not being the most physically gifted QB.

IMO, it's extremely hard to argue against Brady as the GOAT QB. His career has been nothing short of remarkable. And, what he is doing at age 40 is just . . . insane (particularly from a historical perspective).

Also, Marino better than Brady? No way. More talented? Absolutely. Better pure passer? Easily. But, simply put, Brady's career shits all over Marino's. It's not close.

The Dark Knight and zace like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

So the logic that somehow because he hasn't traveled from team to team or had a myriad of coaches somehow makes his success less valid? That's flawed thinking.

9. 101GangGreen101

[​IMG]

Walt White likes this.
  10. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Yes tb was one and done in 09 n 10, 09 was a weaker team and 10 the jets played better and Brady did not bring it. So agreed.

But then again the jets cheated :) by taking defensive dives stalling our offense three times with the last one having the trainer work on Scott non injured leg

11. 101GangGreen101

LOL, can't let us have anything can you?

12. BacktoQueens

Brady is still playing good football, Belichick is still there, the defense has got their shit together, the special teams are near flawless, they make very little mistakes across the board, and have home field throughout the playoffs where they do their best shenanigans.

I think they pretty much default into the Super Bowl this year unfortunately.
    Injuries have made this a strange year. Not many dominant teams.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is pathetic ...nothing better to do till Draft Day but to debate how great Tom Brady ISN'T??

And whether he is a Top 10 QB??

This Board has really lost it

Ridiculous waste of space imo

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea, all things being equal you definitely take Peyton Manning, Drew Brees & Aaron Rodgers before you take Brady. Not even the best of his generation let alone the goat.

15. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I think we are all on the same page. Can't argue Brady's career vs. Marino's. 5 Super Bowl titles to 0. It's no contest. I personally just think Marino was better. I have watched both play live. (and beat the Jets) Doesn't matter though. History will surely consider Brady better. Just saying my opinion.

16. 101GangGreen101

its always been about making Brady crack and if Bortles can play solid and not turn the ball over, that Jags defense will make it a long 4 QTRs for Brady. They have the linebackers to cover the backs out of the backfield. There's no throwing on the outside with Ramsey and Bouye. Gronk can't carry the entire team for 4 qtrs.

Coughlin got the recipe you know that team will be prepped if they get there.

17. BacktoQueens

that's not flawed thinking.
    Br*dy has played for one coach his entire career. The coach has been the biggest driver behind winning, and winning is what you guys are all stroking Br*dy for.

Guys like Manning and Brees have proven they can succeed anywhere.
    Br*dy has not, and can not imo.

18. BacktoQueens

The Jags D is tough no doubt, but they are still inexperienced and the Patriots D will expose the Jags offense and Bortles.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That's not even close up true and you know it, you really think they win a super bowl last season without brady? Listen Jimmy was good, but a payoff game is a different beast. The GOAT HC & QB is how you get 5 SB rings and become transcendent yes, but we wouldn't be having this talk about Beli without Brady. Just because he hasn't gone from team to team doesnt diminish what he's done by a long shot

20. The Dark Knight

No, it is valid. He just has to do less than those other quarterbacks. Belichick is a great coach. Brady won 3 Super Bowls before he even became a great QB. That is clearly unheard of. Now remember, you said he is the GOAT and it can't be argued. So people have just shown you how it can be argued. No other reason to bring up these points. I think Brady is a really good QB, just a fortunate one too.