Saquon Barkley at #6 + FA QB in 2018?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 2, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly he said after the 1st round. that simple. I showed 15 NFL starters from 2017 were drafted after the 1st round hence right on point.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Chances < > NFL Starters

3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

barkley is an elite prospect, but there are too many great RB prospects in this draft for me to pick him at six

love, guice, kerryon johnson, chubb, michel, ronald jones, damien harris, and josh adams are all big time playmakers

if cousins is signed, trade down, pick an o-lineman in the first, and get your playmaking back with one of the second rounders

4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Which of those Rb's catches well? WCO call for a pass catching back.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The only argument against Barkley, besides the desperate need for a QB is that this class is absolutely loaded at RB. As much as I think Mac should be fired if he doesn’t get a QB in first round I also think he should be fired if he doesn’t get one of these RBs in 1st 3 rounds.

The good news for us is QB & RB are extremely deep with talent, there is absolutely no excuse not to come out of this draft with long term solutions at these two positions.

6. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Barkley wont be there at 6, the Browns will take him number 1 overall. They'll take a QB at 4.

7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

DUMB. There is

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If they want Quenton Nelson, gotta take him at 6 tho.
    not a sexy pick, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

2nd round can go a lot of directions, RB, OT, C, CB, OLB, maybe even add QB depth.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

QB in first round, oline with both seconds, RB with 3rd, another QB in 4th.

themorey likes this.
  10. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

It's so interesting. I was completely for Saquon at 6 if he was there, and then when i watched Georgia I was sold on their 2 running backs. I would be completely for drafting either N. Chubb or Michel in the 2nd/3rd round.

themorey and donkey like this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to admit the more I study up on these guys the less appealing Rosen is to me as a fan. Cocky rich kid who's a jerk, plays tennis, and only plays football because he's good at it? I think I'd rather have Josh Allen or Darnold in the foxhole with me as a fan. I'm not denying that he's got a high powered sniper rifle for a throwing arm but I just kind of hope he ends up using it somewhere else in the NFL.

I mean... he freaking plays tennis.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Why does Mayfield remind you of Manziel? This is a common talking point that has been debunked repeatedly.

On the field he is nothing like Manziel, and off the field he had one dopey arrest that was foolish but not indicative of a larger problem like Manziel had.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. xxedge72x

I don't think Barkley will even make it to 6 but if he did it would be an absolute steal at that spot.

14. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

They come from similar offenses that are hard to translate to the NFL. They are both shorter. They both have arrogant personalities. They both played with very talented skill players.

15. xxedge72x

Manziel was a one read then run passer. Mayfield would read the entire field, as well as look open receivers and move in and out of the pocket in order to extend the passing window rather than simply taking flight like Manziel did.

Also, all of Mayfields talented skill players left last off-season. He has very good linemen certainly but there were no Joe Mixons or Dede Westbrooks for him to throw to. In fact, his receivers were, at one point at least, leading in dropped passes at around 8%. Despite this, Mayfield still maintained 71% accuracy.

As far as his arrogance is concerned, that will have to be worked out by teams when they get to spend time with and around him. Manziel is/was an addict and I don't see any evidence that is true for Mayfield. He has done some dumb things for sure but I don't feel comfortable lining him up with Manziel for this reason.

Attackett likes this.
  16. xxedge72x

This is what I'm talking about as far as drops are concerned (attached).[​IMG]

17. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

i watched the ok-georgia game. Mayfield looked really good most of the time against a loaded georgia defense. Looked like the OC was letting him down with the playcalling. Taking it out of his hands in critical situations, force feed their freshman WR who struggled as the game went on with either coverage or drops.

I'd take him or lamar jackson over any of the "top 3" without hesitation.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Barkley is going to be really good. He reminds me of Zeke in every way.

If we pick Barkley and sign Cousins we’d be in good shape moving forward. Throw in Dez too for an extra crazy dream scenario.

dogg likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

NO way to Dez

20. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This is interesting. So let's say the Niners do franchise Jimmy G which we all know they will if they can't work out a deal. Now I don't think there is any way in hell they would do this, but let's have some fun and say the 49ers issue a non-exclusive franchise tag to Jimmy G (Skins offered this non exclusive to Cousins on his 1st Franchise Tag) who's willing to give up a boatload of $$ and 2 1st round picks for Jimmy G?