Latest 4 Round Mock from Draft Wire

Discussion in 'Draft' started by James Hasty, Jan 4, 2018.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Latest 4 Round Mock from Draft Wire

Link

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/...-4-round-projections-heading-into-playoffs/6/

This one looks pretty good to me. While I would be tempted to move up for Mike McGlinchey at # 31 I like that Rankin has the flexibility to play center. Also, I was thinking big receiver but Miller looks like he could be a keeper. I would have preferred taking a pass rusher earlier than third round but Sweat looks like he has some upside and I like the players we took earlier. The QB in round four is a nice bonus and looks like he could be for real.

Jets Haul

Round One - Saquon Barkley RB Penn State 5'11" 220 lbs

[​IMG]

Quarterback is a much bigger need here, but the Jets may not be happy with the value on the board in this scenario. Barkley would hardly be a disappointing consolation prize, with rare athletic ability and a three-down skill set that will make him an early favorite for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Round Two - Martinas Rankin OT Mississippi State 6'5" 305 lbs

[​IMG]

Rankin’s ability to play at different spots along the offensive line was put to display this spring when the Mississippi State coaching staff used him at the center spot during spring practice. Ultimately, the Bulldogs preferred Rankin at the second most important position on the field: left tackle. Thus far, Rankin has been even better than he was a season ago. Mississippi State has yet to allow a single sack heading into week five — even after facing Arden Key and LSU and Lorenzo Carter and Georgia — and the Bulldogs’ rushing attack accounts for 267.5 yards per game, good for 14th nationally.

Round Two B (from Seattle) - Anthony Miller WR Memphis 5'11" 190 lbs

[​IMG]

Memphis wide receiver Anthony Miller may have been underrated heading into the 2017 college football season, but anyone who still thinks that label fits just isn’t paying attention. After putting up ridiculous numbers in 2016 and spurning the 2017 NFL draft, Miller has continued to eviscerate opposing defenses, nearing 1,000 yards again this season and topping double-digit touchdown receptions for the second straight year.

Round Three - Josh Sweat DE / OLB Florida State 6'5" 250 lbs

[​IMG]

Sweat led FSU with 5.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss while being third on the team in total tackles with his junior season. All of those were improvements over his sophomore season aside from the number of sacks which were two less. Sweat become a starter his freshman season at FSU after overcoming a terrible injury suffered in high school. He finishes his FSU career with 138 career tackles, 29 tackles for loss and 14.5 sacks He’s being projected as a third or fourth round selection by most NFL mock drafts.

Round Four - Drew Lock QB Missouri 6'4"225 lbs

[​IMG]

Mizzou quarterback Drew Lock, a junior from Lee’s Summit, has thrown a SEC and program record 43 touchdowns this season, which has turned him into a dark horse candidate to go in the first round of the NFL Draft. If he decides to come back to school for his senior year, he should be a Heisman Trophy contender. Jason Boatright The Kansas City Star

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Terrible

Round 1 "Jets not happy with VALUE on board for QB"

Hundreds of hours of discussion on Allen and Mayfield (who we could prob get) there is no value among the most talented group in years???

You have to be kidding

We can get other talented RBs a plenty later on

#2 NYJetsO12, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    westiedog1 likes this.
  3. James Hasty

Barclay is supposed to be the best RB in years. I wouldn't mind having the next Adrian Peterson.

Not a Drew Lock fan I guess.

FJF likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I read Drew Lock's advisers told him to stay in school.

#4 GQMartin, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  5. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I don't know about a receiver in the second round we drafted 2 last year and Devin Smith is coming back next year. I rather see another lineman or a corner. Is Barkley the best player on the 2018 NFL Draft? Or is he the next Blair Thomas?

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

And what about any of those receivers makes you think the position does not need an influx of talent? Devin Smith should be a cut because he has shown nothing because he cant stay healthy and on the field. A receiver who's only game was speed coming off a knee injury is donezo.

James Hasty likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Rosen and Darnold are locks to go very early more than likely before our pick. Allen and Mayfield have much bigger question marks over their head as to if they are really franchise QB type guys. Do you draft a QB that could need significant development time in the top 6? Allen and Mayfield are good prospects, but have flaws. Barkley is by no means a let down pick. He may end up the best player out of this draft. We can also take other talented but flawed QB's later on

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I cant say I love this mock, but I don't absolutely hate it. Perhaps a guy like Stidham or Faulk in round 3?

njjets93 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The odds of getting a NFL QB go down significantly as you progress thru later round..just look at Hack and Petty

Which is why there is a 67 percent greater chance in round one

BTW all the QBs coming out have flaws from Rosen concussions ,Darnolds int and fumbles etc

Go ahead ...miss an opportunity

ALL very talented players including Allen and Mayfield if you have been following hours of discussion

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I honestly don't give a shit about the "hours of discussion" all of us arm chair GM's don't amount to shit. I watch guys play and evaluate the best I can. I'll have discussions about players, but don't base my feelings on a player around those discussions. If any thing they may entice me to go back and watch more, but no ones word alone changes my feelings on a guy. You don't over draft just any player because you need someone.

I'm really starting to feel this QB class is more 2011 than 2004. Rosen and Darnold look like real franchise guys. After those two the pickings fall away rather quickly.

Josh Allen is the physical prototype but lacks the accuracy right now to step in and be a game changer. 56% complete in NCAA ball is not great by any means and very few go from those type of numbers to better once they get to the pro game. I would draft several non QB's ahead of Allen, Barkley foremost of them.

Mayfield is intriguing. I would put him #3 on my QB board and much closer to the top two than Allen. He's a a bit of a gun slinger and has an attitude that borderlines on toxic. He would either become a huge star here or the fan base would quickly turn on his antics. Still, he has the physical talent to be in the mix for a top ten pick despite questions over his size.

So its up to the individual to choose are these guys Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger ... or are they more Newton, Locker, Gabbert and Ponder? Hell, most like to forget 2004 had a 4th QB taken in round 1 ... good old JP Losman.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Do you mean Enunwa coming back?

Devin Smith is going to be immediately cut as soon as the Jets can do it.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Petty 2.0? No thank you.

13. James Hasty

Unlike Petty this guy plays in a pro style offense but thanks for playing.

I would rather roll the dice that this guy isn't Petty 2.0 than use # 6 overall to take Sanchez 2.0 after the top two or three QBs are off the board.

14. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I'd have a hell of a time finding it, but I remember looking at success rates, and I think there was even more correlation to the sequence of selected QBs succeeding then to first round or not. Something along the lines of most starting QBs being among the top 3 or 4 selected QBs in their draft class. That accounted for odd years where no or few QBs were selected in Rd. 1.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Hmm Mizzou runs the Spread. BTW What are we playing?

16. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

We can't resolve all our needs in one off-season just take the BPA regardless of position. If is Minkah, Chubb, or Nelson let it be.

James Hasty likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I’m generally for drafting for talent rather than need and was in defense of drafting another receiver if the value is there ... not sure what about that post confused you on that

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think Stidham may not last past the early 2nd round.

Harpua likes this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm not claiming to know anything but this armchair fan gets nervous with that 5'11"WR Miller pick in round 2. My feelings on that is that given our current position you either go huge #6 pick AJ Green type or don't do anything at all. We've got enough OK guys as it is with Enunwa coming back.

I like the sound of the Rankin pick though. A lot.

Walt White likes this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

True it only takes one team to fall in love with a guy ... see Mac and hack as an example ...

I’ve heard reports he may return to school, given this flooded QB field that may be a decent plan for him