Saquon Barkley at #6 + FA QB in 2018?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Mayfield may be a bit cocky, but he doesn't have character issues, and is very well liked by his teammates.

If anything, Rosen is the prospect with questionable character, and is reportedly not very well liked.

Neither compare to Manziel though imo..

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I should've just ignored your reply to me. You just want to pick a fight. Next time, if I am in a debate with someone else on a matter that's more important, I will keep this in mind. McGuire got touches and so did a bunch of other young players. This argument is absolutely pointless.

I added Forte to the discussion simply because Powell is younger in terms of football mileage then Forte. That is not debatable. If Barkley is a Jet, he is going to get around 200 carries. This essentially rebukes anything you say about Bowles or whoever playing young players or whatever you want to discuss here. I am done with it tho.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If the Broncos were to sign Smith, it would open up a lot of possibilities for us. I'd love that.
    I really think they will draft Allen though...assuming the Giants don't draft him first.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you some kind of moron or something he added Forte into the mix in a later post and long after you stuck your nose in, it is totally irrelevant to my original post.

But if you want to play the Forte card yes he is old at 35 and Powell is younger but HE is still 29 and no longer classed as a young player not getting game time, ffs.

Once again for you as you are obviously struggling mentally.

The statement was

Bowles will not play youth players.

101 replied stating Powell would get more gametime if he wasn't injured so much

I said Powell isn't young. (THIS IS ALL I FUCKING SAID BTW)

You piped in about McGuire (who is young but was not part of 101's example)

And now we are here with you quoting me and 101's posts from hours apart as if this proves somehow you were right, yet still get it wrong and are either misquoting, misunderstanding my posts on purpose, I really do not understand the why or how to your line of attack it is utterly senseless.

I am not sure what is happening on this site atm, I do not come on here to row but I will defend myself when people willfully misquote me and pretty much try and distort what has been said for whatever purpose they have.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Drafting 2 QBs in the first round in the span of 3 years would be somewhat unprecedented. It's not like Lynch has been that terrible; he's been more hurt than awful. Plus they have a veteran team that still has an open window to win now. It wouldn't make sense IMO.

FJF and BomberJet like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I am utterly flabbergasted, can you not follow a conversation lol

I am fucking done with you, you are the most manipulative poster on this site, you add bits into your conversation and then when somebody offers and honest reply you then cherry pick a bit twist it around and then forget about the opening post.

Example Bringing Forte into the mix two posts later and then this "Powell is younger in terms of football mileage then Forte. That is not debatable," well fine but that is not what I joined the conversation for is it, Forte was not mentioned at all in the post I quoted.

So how you get to you final conclusion from me stating Powell is old at 29 yo when you used him as an example of how Bowles would play younger players more if he wasn't injured, 29 year old ffs 29!!!!!!!!!!

As for picking a fight I have been double teamed by you and Walter White and I am still failing to understand how and why.

Can anybody else who has read this damned conversation explain it to me

7. 101GangGreen101

[​IMG]

Convo is over, put me on ignore or something. So I didn't mention McGuire and now you want to puff your chest, jesus christ. Powell has barely any carries for a 29 year old RB. 711 career carries. Technically, he is young in terms of mileage, this is such a irrevelant conversation.

#127 101GangGreen101, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Walt White likes this.
  8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

The best explanation is that we are a starved fan base who is canabalizing on itself because we don't have a QB, this isn't about running backs or defensive tackles or Todd Bowles, it's all about not having a QB and feeling marginalized in today's NFL that demands we have a franchise qb to succeed

dogg likes this.
  9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Ahhh, fuck'em if they can't take a joke,...

but seriously it's so easy to get misquoted and misunderstood in these forums because of poor speed reading skills. It's also an emotional subject because we love our team so much... I'm guilty of that in many cases. I find it good therapy to just walk away from the computer and have a beer or a Guinness, :)

10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Cousins is the present/future. Teddy or Smith are hold the fort guys that can still play at a decent level until this year's #1 draft pick is ready to go. Honestly though, if they miss out on Cousins I prefer they resign McCown instead of signing Teddy or trading for Smith. McCown is the perfect mentor for grooming the rook. Teddy/Smith still have a career ahead of them and may not be all that excited about grooming their replacement...

FJF likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

KOB needs a fat ass joint. I didn't see where the joke was here, but KOB wants to jump in a convo and feel important. So I didn't say McGuire, who the hell cares? The point is clear, and a lot of you Jet fans are making up some crazy ass theories like "Bowles doesn't play young players"

Crown his ass.

Walt White likes this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Stop it, please. I'm gonna give myself a hernia laughing.

Don't worry I won't report the personal attack

lol

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

really depends if we get a QB 1st. If we can land cousins i'd love to grab barkley. look what fournette has done in jax, look at hunt in KC, zeke in Dallas, gurley with the rams. RB has become an underrated position IMO. If we don't get a QB in free agency though we need to use that high pick on one

14. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

You do realize we will have 100 million in cap space, right? To project our line will be the same is way off.

15. Greensleeves

I agree about Bridgewater, if he's cheap there is no harm grabbing him. However, you absolutely can not draft a QB after the first round. You need to grab a QB early and have them both be on the team. I think we've been through this a million times - your chances of getting a FQB after the first round is slim - those are the facts based on countless years of drafts. Yet, people still think it's the way to go. Ughhh. The chances of getting a FQB after the first round are reduced drastically. It's almost first round or bust, basically.

dogg and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Greensleeves

Because it's the best QB class in forever and you want a RB in the first round - for a team that is starving for it's own identity and sustained success. That's how.

17. Greensleeves

Disagree. Alex Smith is too old - we have a young team. That would be worst case scenario. What I wouldn't mind, is if we did grab Smith, we would also take a rookie and have him start by mid season. Cousins is good, but why disregard one of the best QB classes in memory for other teams castoffs?

18. Greensleeves

Well said - comparing Manziel to Mayfield is foolish - even an NFL scout said that is very lazy to compare them. I think he's more like Drew Brees.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

You got some traction. Let's see if this rumor carries weight:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...mayfield-josh-rosen/k2o3vl3ntwmv130v4xuwokguq

Do you still take him BackToQueens?

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

actually to be fair it's been pretty 50/50

brady 6th
    brees 2nd
    wilson 3rd
    keenum UDFA
    cousins 3rd
    taylor 6th
    prescott 4th
    carr 2nd
    mccown 3rd
    garappolo 2nd
    dalton 2nd
    brisset 3rd
    siemian 7th
    savage 7th
    kizer 2nd

that means 15 of the 32 starting QBs this season were drafted after the 1st round. Now to be fair how many would i consider franchise QBs?
    brees, brady, wilson, cousins, prescott, carr, and possibly garappolo that means at least 6 franchise QBs in the NFL were taken after round 1 and to be fair there is maybe at best 10-15 franchise QBs IMO. some may even count dalton on this list as well