My ideal offseason

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BleedGreen4ever, Jan 3, 2018.

1. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Not thinking abou re-signing players yet but rather whats out there in free agency and the draft and leaving some cap flexibility. Not totally thought out but its a start.

WE HAVE $100,000,000 in capspace and I think there are three or four players out there that can really help our club

This sis not the most thought out as the season just ended but the four or five players I'd like to target in the off season are.

Kirk Cousins #1 i think its essential and will give us pleny of flexibility to grab a top notch player in the draft. On the high end lets say hes paid 28 million.

Trumaine Johnson... Lets face it our defense has a lot of pieces but corner is lacking. High side 16 mil a year

Nate Solder.... LT time to build up our line 14 mill a year

Sheldon Riichardson..... Would be awesome to see him back in green and white 11 mill max

Thats 69 million spent leaving us still with 31 million to sign some of our own players and draft picks plus these numbers are on the high side and to carry over into next year.

When the draft comes we take Saquan Barkley, Chubb,Fitzpatrick, or Arden Key roughly in that order as I know much will change between now and draft day.

Roast Away!

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I really don’t see the Jets being major players for Cousins. The other 3 wouldn’t surprise me, gotta get a C in FA.

For the draft it’s Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and no other options.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The only one I have a problem with is Richardson. Jets tried forever to get rid of him. What incentive do they have to bring him back? If the Jets changed GM/HC then maybe, but since we didn't I just don't see this happening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

grkmanga31 likes this.
  4. BleedGreen4ever

I'd add Jackson to that short list I think youre underestimating him hes a taller Micheal Vick. How aren't the Jets going to be players for Cousins we are QB starved and have the most cap room inthe league I think it makes perfect sense.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. BleedGreen4ever

Are there any other quality 3-4 ends that are going to be FAs I honestly dont know.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We’ll see, I just don’t see the Jets as major players either by their own accord or Cousins not being interested. I personally have mixed feelings as on one hand he’d be the best QB the Jets have had since Penny, on the other I don’t think he’s good enough to devote that kind of cap space to and the Jets are in position to draft their own top QB prospect.

Jackson I’d put in the next tier, I wouldn’t rule him out completely but I wouldn’t draft him over one of the other 4, which I believe at least one will be available.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus several Ks

Are people on this Board blind?? Or else they must be in deep denial over K Cousins and the stink job he produced against the Giants on Sun..wouldn't pay him a dime

Cousins needs a restructured team surrounding him that has to be perfect e.g. DEnver for him to have a CHANCe at success..that's not in NY

Jackson is a big pass for me

Kudos on finally getting us an OL..another big priority

8. Beki

Beki Active Member

Solder is 30y old, no need of signing a LT at the moment, because Beachum performance was acceptable and he will stay because of his cap hit.
    Who will pay ~10m for Sheldon, must be immediately fired. He is a locker room cancer and we had a reason why traded him.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No offense, but I think that would be a horrible offseason. I don't think Cousins is worth the money, and I think the Jets need to draft and develop a QB if they hope to build anything even remotely resembling sustainable success.

Trumaine Johnson is a very good CB, but IMO no CB is worth $16 million per. If the Jets get a better pass rush, their CBs would be more effective. I wouldn't hate the move, and is the only one from your list, I'd be okay with, but I'd rather save the money, and sign a cheaper FA CB or two.

Nate Solder is a very good LT and it would hurt the Pats, but he's 30, and no way I'd want to pay any player on the downside of his career that kind of money. With Beachum certain to be back next year, but not the year after, I'd rather the Jets draft a LT prospect, and let him learn behind Beachum or start him at RT in 2018 then move him over to the left in 2019.

Sheldon Richardson? You have to be kidding. They got rid of him for a reason. He did little or nothing with the Seahawks. It wouldn't surprise me to see him out of the NFL within a year or two. Bringing him back would be a typical Jets-kind of move.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I like signing Cousins and Johnson big time, they would be my top 2 targets.

I'd pass on Solder and Sheldon, instead targeting a Center like Richburg.
    Rest of FA money dedicated towards re-signing our own.

In the draft, Offensive Guard Quenton Nelson would still be a possibility and would give our run game a major boost.

Adding Richburg and Nelson to our Oline, re-signing ASJ, Enunwa, and Qvale, and putting Cousins in at QB.....that should give a major boost to the offense.
    Adding Trumaine Johnson, and resigning our own would upgrade the D, but we'd still be questionable at LB and edge rushing.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’d be good with Cousins he’s a solid QB. However, I doubt that happens because Washington wants a kings ransom for him and that means no 1st round pick this year which I can’t see Mac doing. If we can get him for a 2nd + is do it but Washington won’t.

Cousins + drafting Barkley would be a dream scenario but highly doubt it.

Nate Soldier is finished or close to it. He’s probably the best option out there though so I wouldn’t be completely opposed to it.

A big NO to Sheldon. He’s not worth the headache

Trumaine would be a great addition

12. BleedGreen4ever

I agree, like the Richburg signing too. Nelson pick I'm not a huge fan of as I wouldn't take a guard that high with two guards under solid contracts. Our biggest problems (not already addressed in FA) are OLB and Tackle and a playmaker on offense. A player like Dee Ford if he hits the open market is another I'm all over. Ju'wan James is another target for Oline. Lev'eon Bell could also be a big time game changer for us. If we could get either one of those and get the opposite such as Arden Key/Chubb or an Elite LT depending on free agency or if Saquan Barkley falls to us at six that would be amazing. Then in the second I'm going with a combination of corner and Tackle/OLB/RB whichever we don't get.

13. BleedGreen4ever

No Corner was worth that five years ago when thats what Revis wanted. Times have changed and so does our flexibility and cap space. Heard Sheldon wants to stay in Seattle so he can. Ju'wan James is the Tackle I want not Solder.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i look at cousins being worth the cap space as being equal to taking one of these qbs at 6. they are probably not worth the pick in a vacuum but the market dictates the value.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO no CB is still worth that much, particularly one who is 28+. If one has a great pass rush, one doesn't need CBs that are that expensive.

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Minnesota has some decision to make with the 3 QBs they will carry after the off season is done. Many say that most likely they will restrict or franchise Keenum making the odds of him signing with another team remote. What about Bridgewater? He was just about coming into his own before the horrible knee injury. If the Jets are unsuccessful in getting Cousins, why not take a shot at T.B.? He could be had for very cheap and risk of losing draft picks. Don't see any risks here.

17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I think we are going to get Kirk and auction the 6th pick. It is the safest route.

Mac and Bowles want job security and the surest way to get fired is to take a 1st round QB and the guy flop. Kirk is the safest bet and they know what they are getting.

Their next QB choice is going to determine their employment outcome.

My money is on Kirk.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Give me

Kirk Cousins
    Ju'Wuan James or Cam Erving
    Demarcus Lawrence

Saquon Barkley in first. OL and CB in second.

19. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I just can't see Kirk choosing the jets unless our offer is substantially higher then other teams

20. BleedGreen4ever

No way Demarcus Lawrence reaches free agency but I’d be all in on that.... he will at least get tagged

grkmanga31 likes this.