I Gave the Jets 30 Years

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 31, 2017.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

A moderator requested some of us create content in the Jets section. I used to contribute here frequently but have not in about a year and a half. This is me, honoring the request.

About midway through the 2016 season I gave up on being a Jets fan. I gave them 30 years of my life as a fan and outside of a handful of moments where superbowl seemed realistic (98, 02, 09, 10) all the team did was disappoint and make me miserable. Even the promising seasons ended in disappointment. Not a single superbowl appearance. In 30 years they drafted one guy who could have been a franchise QB but he couldn't stay healthy. You could call me a fair weather or front runner or whatever but I rooted for the team even during the shittiest of seasons. I spent time & money traveling to the stadium to watch the shittiest of Jets teams play the most meaningless games. I considered myself a die hard loyal fan.

While I have been much less interested in the NFL since giving up on the Jets, I do still watch. I have to say my experience has been much more enjoyable not being repeatedly let down and depressed by the shitty Jets. I do still watch them with more interest than the rest of the games but the attachment is no longer there and I don't give a shit when they suck. It's more just a watch and laugh type deal. I have to wonder how shitty Hackenberg is if the Jets are still trotting out Petty at this point.

All in all I'd say it was a good decision and I'd recommend you do the same. Stop wasting your time, money and energy on a shit franchise. Maybe if Woody sells the team to a good owner it will be worth investing time and energy in again, but until then - get out while you still have your sanity.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice you were gone.

3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

See ya!

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sick burn dude. Are you the guy who defends everything the Jets do as good moves? Enjoy your fantastical existence as a Jets homer. Don't say I didn't try to help you.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

No. Try again.

6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Sounds like you needed a break. Welcome back. Lol

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Come on, dude, that was funny.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So this must explain JethroTull starting a new thread every time two random brain cells rub together and form a thought?

9. BroadwayAaron

I feel like if your quality of life improves because you're removing an emotional attachment to a football team, your problems are deeper-rooted than being a fan of a bad football team.

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It explains a lot

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What are you a junior internet psychologist? derp.

It's pretty simple. Being a Jets fan only brings negative into your life. Remove it.

94Abraham and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

I feel like I'm pretty fine and I'm a season ticket holder. This is not a Jets fan issue. It's a you issue. We're all praying for you.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Clearly you're not fine.

14. Walt White

The best part of being a fan, for me, is watching a team develop on a rebuild. Getting to watch youth develop and the right mix of leadership from a few veterans. It's for rooting for players and the team to succeed. Now is the time when we'll see how good Mac/TB are

This team right now is not for impatient people, fans that think players are all pro hof's out of the gate, or fans that get on after the fact.

Attackett likes this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t buy it, when the Jets are good again and playing meaningful games you’ll be rooting for them like you used to.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Can we remove you from this message board?
    obnoxious and not even a fan.......until they are good of course.

soh_vet likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I get the sentiment but how can you really say someone who gave them 30 years hasn't been patient? Ownership is the Jets problem IMO.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If Woody sells the team and I don't think the new owner is a dipshit I'll probably give them one last shot. I am trying to be a Packers fan for now, although it just doesn't feel right and I seem to have cursed Aaron Rodgers.

20. Walt White

You're prolly right about The Woodster. And I really despise that fuck too btw. But you have to look for something that is a sign that it can be overcome. Imo, Johnson is to blame for '15 and hence '16, and didn't hold Mac/TB responsible for this year, nor should he have.
    So as soon as I saw a change of direction with a youth/speed movement I became interested again. My interest in the game and the athletes was regained.

The better the overall talent is the better each individual will be, including the coaching staff, and the better the team will become. So you have to give them a chance to institute their program and system. And improve upon what happened this year. They really didn't get that opportunity in '15 '16.

I was disgusted after the Idzik failure, and then the crash and burn of '16. But I still enjoy rooting for the guys that play and coach the game. I want to see them succeed, especially in the face of the toxic poisonous culture that the media and some fans bring to it.
    I didn't like Rex that much. But I wanted him to succeed terribly in the face of the media poison directed at him. We'll see now what happens. I don't care about 30 years ago. The future is now.