Is another New England Super Bowl title inevitable this season?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You obviously don't get it. The Patriots are the bad guys and that will bring the ratings up because someone wants to see the bad guys lose. As Tony Montana said, "you need bad guys like me".

2. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

TBH I tend to root for the Patsies come playoff time for 2 reasons;

They are (usually) the champions of our division, so our representatives. Plus it makes it a tiny, tiny bit better when looking at our recent playoff drought and lack of ultimate success, I can attempt to rationalize it by going "Well if we weren't in the same division as BB/TB then perhaps one of those SB's could of been ours".

All rivalry and smack talk aside.........they are a well run franchise that plays good, hard football and if I'm going to stay up to ungodly hours wading through all the "words from our sponsors" then something like that matters.

oldrover likes this.
  3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Tony was self aware that he is the bad guy when he gives that speech. A lot of Pats fans and i would say the Pats themselves believe they are the good guy and the victims of a conspiracy. I will fully admit you are not one of those, though i do not always agree with your opinions here you are level headed and you don't come off as delusional. As for the watch the bad guy lose, i just don't have any faith in this league anymore to even call a fair game. The ball washing from the broadcasters along the way and the refusal to call bullshit when it happens (this has begun changing, exp: Romo couldn't believe the Bills TD was overturned) has finally gone too far. Hopefully the tide turns before the league is lost.

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. Patriot

Everyone's reality is not the same. I have argued with Pats fans who think the Pats are squeaky clean and I have argued with those here who think they are guilty of everything. I think the answer and truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  5. Patriot

You might want to up your medical and life insurance.o_O

Since you are being honest here, I must admit that I never wear my Pats gear in any area outside of New England. Last time I did, some old lady in Detroit said I was going to hell for being a Pats fan.

6. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Well I'm British so my views on football in general aren't as mainstream due to be somewhat less immersed in the day to day passions plus my healthcare is also free :p

7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Stop making sense. Intelligent thought is not allowed on the internet.

8. Patriot

If you pay no taxes, then your healthcare is truly free. Do you think the NFL having some games in London is going to work? Can you see the NFL ever catching on in Europe? It looks like soccer is finally catching on in the states. You know Bob Kraft came very close to owning Liverpool.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You're welcome

[​IMG]

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Is your healthcare Canadian "free" where you get "free" healthcare in exchange for giving the government 53% of your pay.

11. Patriot

Wow I am impressed. Do you have any of Kraft and Woody together with Trump? By the way Google claims Tom Brady owns the Jets, go figure!

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Do you have any of Kraft with Putin.

14. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha
    I'd forgotten about Putin keeping Kraft's SB ring.

15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I try to watch every Pats game I can, because I don't want to miss it when Brady goes out of the league the same way he came in.
    A good hard Shwack just like Drew received.
    On the subject of Shwacks, Brady is a pussy. There are so many rules in place to protect patsies like Brady. If he played in the 70's, 80's or 90's, Brady would be irrelevant.
    Montana is the greatest QB of all time and it isn't close. Worst part is I'm not a 49er fan.
    Montana is 4-0 in Superbowls, never threw an Intc in the big game, and won those 4 titles in a lot less time.
    Not to mention facing some of the greatest defenses of all time along the way. We pretty much are watching the two hand touch version of the NFL now, compared to Montana's era.
    Brady would have been exactly what he is ( a 6th round pick ), if he played when football was real football.
    He falls apart when pressure is applied by the defense.
    Next weekend the Titans are going to go after him. I've got many friends in Nashville, and Brady has a price on his head. Get it done Titans!
    Wouldn't it be ironic and awesome that the Titans, who use to be the original name of the Jets in the past, end Brady's career?

16. Patriot

I wish I did especially of Kraft giving away a Super Bowl ring to Putin.

Taking private pictures of Putin may lead one to Siberia! Can you imagine how cold it is there right now?

Who knows maybe Putin will repay the Patriots by doing some spying for them. :)

17. dogg

dogg Member

Would love to see it happen, what's the point really when the end result is the same every year?

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The way I look at it is that I have no control over the Pats and if they win the SB it sucks, but what the hell. You got to get up in the morning the next day to go to work anyway.

I don't live in the area so I don't have to listen to Patriot diatribe every day. This year, even if they win, the Olympics are a week later so that will be my focus.

Therefore, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really affect my life. There are a lot more important things to worry about. Even over the last 17 years they have only won 5 so they have failed over 70% of the time. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

First let me say I hope the Jags pull off an upset next Sunday. I think the Vikings will beat the Eagles and I also think Minnesota has the D to beat NE. The thought of another Pats SB win is just disgusting. We will see what happens. Next week GO Jags.

20. Patriot

What is real disgusting is the Jets not being smart enough to hire Tom Coughlin like the Jags did. He was there for the taking. On another Jets board I was told he was over the hill and out of touch with the game. What a crock of you know what.

The Jags are a good team and well coached. The Pats unlike the Steelers will not take them lightly. The Jags if their offense is successful as it was today against the Pats, they will probably win.

If the Patriots do win the SB, don't worry. I will be here to console all of you.