After Darnold and Rosen, any other QB's worth to trade up to 3 for?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Most likely Darnold and Rosen will go back to back. This leaves Jets with a choice. Either trade up to 3 and pick your guy or stay put and pick your QB at 8. San Fran will lose and Jets will drop 7 to 8 due to SOS.

In this case, who is your "worth to trade up to 3rd pick QB" and who is your "I would pick him at 8th QB"?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No,not even sure Sam or josh are worth trading up for . Stay where you are and see what happens

hwismer, njjets93, zace and 3 others like this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Rosen to the Jets at pick 7, I’m calling it now.

Only QB I’d trade up for would be Darnold who I expect to go #1. After that I’d sit tight and select who is left between Rosen, Allen, Mayfield and Jackson.

#3 Attackett, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Walt White and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Id take a shot at trading up for Josh Allen given what Wentz has done. Mayfield I wouldnt go near. Jackson is fine in the 2nd round or later

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Trading up is looking like a bad idea, at this stage. I think I would only trade up for Darnold, even so I wouldn't start him right away. Can stand pat and just take Jackson

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My biggest fear is Rosen and darnold both decide to stay in school and I have to go another year listening to the tank squad bitching about the jets winning games.

7. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade up for any of the QBs. I'm pretty positive that several of the QBs will be there for our selection at 6/7/8, and it just doesn't make sense to move up when we have several holes on the roster (assuming a huge draft capital is necessary to move up)

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Yeah I kinda just want to root for the jets to win without having to explain my self lol

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

To be quite honest, after the usc Osu game, I personally do not believe darnold will declare for the draft. That leaves Rosen, Allen, Mayfield as the big 3 in this years class and with a ton of qb needy teams, regardless of whether these qb’s are worth trading up for, if you want them you may have to.

Jets can do themselves a lot of favors by losing to the pats, which will happen, and hope a few teams in front of us win some meaningless game so as to catapult us up. I think rosen is going to force himself to be drafted or traded to the giants, but I also have this weird feeling that with Gettleman being the new GM, maybe the giants think they can get a few more years out of Eli by surrounding him with o line help?

Either ways, it’s going to be a very crazy top 10 imo, and I think that mayfield is the QB the jets have the most realistic shot at drafting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Pl
    Plus 1k

Sam walked away from last nights game with some egg on his face...excuses aside don't think he played well

I think the kid is heartbroken and now wants to stay in school...smh he is only a Soohmore

We all learn from our mistakes...so will he

I am hardly an expert but a lot of pundits are making a big deal how Mayfield did better against the same team...did he have a better OL ? receivers? I guess you have to consider this too

Allen takes his snaps from under center and Rosen well he's Rosen lol..so if he is the concussion kid maybe he comes or falls to us?

We lose tomorrow and others win would make 2017 a great year

grkmanga31 likes this.
  11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Darnold can be really good some day but his recklessness in the pocket will not make him a sustainable qb in the NFL. I think he’s going to return to USC for another year to work on that aspect of his game. A lot of these highly touted players have advisors that gauge the feeling around the NFL, how high they’ll get drafted, etc.

Darnold can be great but like I said his mistakes are pretty eye opening and I think he knows he can use a bit more time to sure those shortcomings up before making the leap to the NFL. Unfortunately, one less star QB coming out makes it a bit harder for the jets to land whoever it is that they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

So much depends on what the Browns decide to do with their 2 picks. They could use them both or trade them away for a kings ransom,

It all depends on who get desperate anough to pay that kings ransom.

I agree with grkmanga31 that Mayfield is the Q/B that we have the most realistic chance at getting.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think Rosen is the only QB worth trading up for as of now. We’ll see how mayfield does the next 2 weeks.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Why would you trade up for a guy you wouldn't start right away? And by that I assume you mean Year 1. If you mean let him sit for the first half of the season and then DEFINITELY bring him in (which Bowles won't do anyway), then okay, but if a guy can't start on this team Day 1, he's not worth trading up for IMO.

BomberJet and westiedog1 like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Now that we know we're stuck with the same CS that hasn't shown it knows how to handle a young QB, the only QB I see that could succeed in that situation is Rosen and I highly doubt the Jets can get him. I'd like to see more tape on some of the QBs, especially Stidham and Allen, but based on the current situation with the Jets, I think they're better off trying to sign Cousins, or another high upside vet for now and upgrade the OL and pass rush, and see if they can grab Stidham in a later round. It's not what I prefer, but what I think is realistic.

16. 101GangGreen101

If the kid isn't ready then he won't play. Bowles made the right decision. I was thinking moreso the bye week anyway. I'm in it for the long haul.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

The injury concerns bother me a lot. Concussions and the shoulder. I really like Rosen too.

hwismer and Big Cat like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

I know that, but that's not what I asked. Why would you burn capital to trade up for a guy who won't start right away? You should be able to get a "project" without trading up at all.

19. 101GangGreen101

Didn't the Texans just do this? And did Watson start right away? Like I said, I want to win the war.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Chiefs did it for a project in Mahomes and I’m still convinced he’s going to be a stud when they move on from Smith

NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.