Sam Darnold 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Or tell the Browns he doesn't want to play for them. Kid's a baller. Rosen's a bailer.

I knew the previous Rosen-Giants swipe would draw your little know-nothing, trolling ass out of the woodwork. puppet

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Think Sam is going back to school.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If we draft him I might throw up

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Maybe the Jets will draft Darnold in the 5th round.

GQMartin likes this.
  6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Rosen who? This is the Sam Darnold thread. His ball security is atrocious. He has gift wrapped 14 pts to Ohio state in the most important game of the season. Now he was gift wrapped a TD from a punt fumble. Let’s see if he keeps being as reckless with the ball as you are with your words

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Lol.

I think it’s ironic. Darnold is not playing as bad as the score suggests. The rest of his team is a horror show tonight.

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he is not playing very well either. he hasnt played terribly well all year and until the past few weeks everyone was suggesting he go back to usc next year and improve his game this offseason. i would HATE to draft this guy almost as much as i hated drafting sancho out of usc. not quite as much but almost.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Looks like someone's seeing the big picture.

This is the Darnold thread that's been long hi-jacked by Rosen pom-pom ballwashers. They quieted down when Darnold picked up his game as the season wore on (just like they got "quiet" in the Rosen thread when ol' Josh showed his fade in the clutch shit for the 2nd straight year).

One pick 6 off a bad read. Time after time completions sabatogued by his team (when his OL isn't getting swamped by an OSU DL that can now just pin their ears back). Funny but you and the rest of the Rosen pom-pom ballwashers have suddenly came out of the woodwork to chirp but yet you had nothing--absolutely nothing--to say prior to the game. Put your money where your mouth is upfront....nevermind, it's pretty obvious why you're here. It's who you are : )

Better yet, don't take my all-knowing *ah-hem* take on it: instead, listen to the analyst who just explained why Darnold is a big-time 1st round talent.

P.S. "most important game?"

Try the Pac-12 Championship Game. If you're not Clemson, OU, Bama or Ga. ....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My lord. His receivers are failing him over and over.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Offensive line failing him repeatedly too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Buncha excuses. Since when am I a Rosen fan boy? Look in the mirror ya clown. Darnold flopped in this game. And Ward was in sweatpants :D

tbruner12 likes this.
  13. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I don't want Darnold.
    If he goes back to school, and comes out improved next season, maybe.
    I've said it before on different threads, but he looks like Mark Sanchez without the glorified stats waiting to happen. I don't want Mayfield either, he looks like flop NFL material as well.
    To be quite honest, I don't see a Wentz in this draft. I believe the best QB in this draft will be out of the 1st round.

14. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Darnold and his 22 turnovers should turn him into a project QB for rounds other than the 1st. He has flop written all over him. If he can't protect the ball in college, that 22 will turn to 44 in the NFL. If he comes out, he will fall out of the top 5 picks, when in all actuality he isn't worthy of anything above the 4th round. That will set it up for Mac to take him and he will have his version of Mark Nacho Sanchez. We will suck until he is booed out of town.
    Vote no to Sam Darnold, our future depends on it. He got exposed once again, tonight against Ohio State. I hope we don't pick him. Please no!

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think it is safe to assume that Darnold will return to school for another year to develop and make a better case for himself as an elite QB prospect. His season wasn’t all that impressive and to end it with a game like that doesn’t help his stock. Didn’t protect the ball nearly well enough.

If he came out, which I highly doubt he does, a team would be foolish to spend a 1st Round Pick on him.

tbruner12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Although his team was overmatched; it's actually one of the more impressive games I've seen from Darnold. I still see him as a more physically gifted Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is not as much of an insult as one might think as if Fitz was more physically gifted he would probably been more of a long-term solution type QB rather than a journeyman.

westiedog1, NYJetsO12 and Big Cat like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I need to watch the Oklahoma - Ohio State game again, because Mayfield beasted on this OSU defense.

18. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

If he comes out he is a top 5 pick.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd still take him Joe, but I wouldn't start him right away. Fans would get impatient, but I would still draft Darnold and sign McCown. Let Darnold get his feet wet taking large # of reps. By the BYE week he could be ready to play.

FJF likes this.
  20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Watch the play at 1:27. That’s literally putting the team on your back when your OL is overwhelmed by one of the nations best pass rushes.

nyjetsmets89 and NYJetsO12 like this.