Is another New England Super Bowl title inevitable this season?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 26, 2017.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh is the second best team in the AFC this season.

The Steelers are the Steelers I get that but to New England they're the #2 doormat only behind Buffalo. The Pats OWN them.They couldn't beat New England at home in week 15 surprise surpise!!! Who expects them to beat the Pats at Gillette in January?

The rest of the AFC playoffs field doesn't wow me. I know KC beat NE in week 1 but everyone knows about Andy's reputation in playoff games.

The team with the best shot to beat them is also the team with the worst playoffs QB, Jacksonville.With their pass rush if they have a day they could pull off the upset but who knows if they'll even get to New England.

In the NFC I see several teams with the talent, QBs to do it the Rams, Saints, Seahawks here's the catch NONE OF THEM have home field advantage/bye weeks.

In the NFC the top two seeds will be Philadelphia 2-0 without Wentz but who are we kidding? They're a crippled team without their starting QB.

And Minesotta with Case Keenum at QB.

It's sad.

2017 is looking like a cakewalk to another Lombardi trophy for New England.:(

dogg and NYCBillsFan like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jags gonna end Brady's career. Sack him into submission.

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Of course. With our team not being worth a damn for nearly a decade, watching the NFL is practically pointless.

I probably won’t watch a single playoff game.

4. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

The Steelers got jobbed out of a win vs. NE. The TD reversal drastically shifted the momentum in the BUF @ NE game. Had NE lost both of those games, the Bills would be 9-6 and the Pats would be 10-5. The NFL can't have that now.......

It's so obvious that the NFL has it for the Pats to win this year. This is the WWE, except we as fans think it's legit. Not anymore for me. F*** the NFL.

dogg, tbruner12, Jets_Grinch and 2 others like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It'll be the Saints and the Pats and there will be some bullshit with the referees to give the Pats the win. A Saints touchdown taken away or a Pats turnover negated.

tbruner12 likes this.
  6. jets12

jets12 Active Member

The commissioner just got Kraft to double his salary and the refs and two morons that monitor the replays in New York helped the Cheatriots to ad additional 4 wins this year, do you really think the NFL is not going to hand these cheating bastards another Super Bowl?

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Jags won't get to the Pats.

Pats only have 2 teams to fear in the AFC playoffs, IMO, the Chiefs and the Ravens (if they make it). These two teams know how to attack the Pats on both sides of the ball.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Any chance of not seeing the Pats win another SB ended when Pitt choked (refs took away) that game in Pitt.

This f'n dynasty is never gonna end. I mean really.......what a nightmare. How can it still be going and going?

9. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Nick Folk remembers how to kick, Jets, Steelers and Bills get the coin-flip on catch/no-catch ~ Pats are a game down on the Bills and looking like missing the playoffs after having been touted for 16-0 and having traded away their 2 potential alternatives to their 40 year old QB.

I think any of the potential AFC playoff teams can beat the Pats as TB's looked merely mortal of late but they will be entering the game as the underdog short of an injury to Gronk.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

No they won't, they can't stop the run and Bellicheat will run the ball all day against them.

11. 101GangGreen101

They've been better since they've acquired Dareus. But if the matchup were to happen, I think Jacksonville would get to Brady and Fournette could get yards on that defense.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree they have the pass rushers to get to Brady, but Bill will find a way to not allow that to happen. I have seen it too many times already, just when I thought a team had them on the ropes Bill and Tom find a way.

Cam Robinson doing a great job on that oline. I believe they are top 5 this year as well.

13. 101GangGreen101

You don't think the Jags could beat the Steelers? I think the Jags got a shot. Big Ben threw 5 INTs on them. That's not a great matchup.

14. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I suspect if the Pats make the Super Bowl (likely) and there is a shady ref call in the playoffs to get them there (very possible) The league will see a HUGE drop in Super Bowl ratings. 31 fan bases are sick of this shit and a full on boycott of the league, especially it's grand finale, might be the only way to get the point across. Advertisers will be furious when they've paid millions and only get 2/3 or less of the estimated audience.

dogg, tbruner12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Most of the football statistical sites claim the Pats have a 22% to 28% chance of winning the Super Bowl. I still think the Steelers if they play a lot smarter can beat the Patriots. They obviously have more talent. So the AFC championship title is no guarantee just yet. But the Pats at this time do have the better odds than any other AFC team of going to the big dance.

In the NFC if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, they will have the home field advantage. That defense also scares me. There are other good NFC teams also that should not be over looked.

What may determine the future of the Pats are their injury situation. Malcolm Mitchell a good pass catching receiver for Brady might be back from IR. How healthy their front 7 on defense is will be important. Getting Harrison indicates the front 7 isn't looking so good. Then their is the health of their back field that will be in question. The patriots team you see today will not be the team you see in 3 weeks. Belichick to his credit is always looking into improving the team. He will leave no stone unturned.

If the Patriots do win their 6th Super Bowl, I know many of you will be discouraged. However, this should not change the Jets from proceeding with their rebuilding plans. Rome did not last forever, neither will the Pats dynasty. When this dynasty comes to an end, the question will be will we ever see another one like this in the NFL? I say no in the near future.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not sure the Jags get to the Steelers. Ravens and Chargers are both are decent bets to beat them IMO. I think they beat the Titans or Bills most likely.

17. Patriot

Cold weather favors cold weather teams at home. It will be very difficult to beat the Patriots/Steelers at home on a cold winter day. Bell will be a busy man this playoff season for the Steelers just like Lewis for the Patriots.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Cold weather, warm weather, it won't matter to Gronk. That big lug's gonna get his cock fix cum hell or high water

Gronk - TE
    Brady - QB
    Gronk/Brady - KY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#18 joe, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    tbruner12 likes this.
  19. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

They lost Edelman but they always find a way to win it seems.

20. Patriot

Another very thoughtful and intelligent post.